Author Topic: RotS Figures - What's Missing?  (Read 9979 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: ROTS Toys - Severe Lack of...
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2005, 04:47 PM »
Great idea -- STAPs are awesome. :) And they are in ROTS again.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2005, 04:55 PM »
You left out the Neimoidian Warrior, Chewie.  But yes, the Seperatists aren't getting that much play.  The Tank Droid and the Droid Gunship would be very welcome in my collection.

Thing is, the Seperatists aren't the main villains of the movie.  As such, I can see why they would get marginalized.  The Empire and the Sith are the main enemies of REVENGE OF THE SITH.  The Seperatists are merely pawns, just as they have been all along.  Would it be nice to get some of the Seperatist leadership?  Sure.  I see them being a good source for Collection 2 in late '05 and early '06.  But how many Nute Gunray's do we really need?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2005, 05:00 PM »
I'd like the Episode III Gunray, Haako, The Quarren (great visual look) and Po Nudo (which even though I absolutely abhor what they did to the design of the Aqualish in the PT I still want a PT version), the rest I don't really care all that much about if we get Episode III versions or not

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2005, 05:01 PM »
But how many Nute Gunray's do we really need?

So far I only know of two:

Episode I Nute
AOTC Saga Screen Scene Nute

Each has a different costume, and from what I can tell he has yet a different costume--or at least a new hat--in ROTS. I don't think one from each movie is overkill. Look at the number of repeats of Tatooine Luke who only appeared that way in ONE movie or of Cantina Han who only wore that outfit 50% of the time thru the trilogy.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2005, 05:03 PM »
But how many Nute Gunray's do we really need?

So far I only know of two:

Episode I Nute
AOTC Saga Screen Scene Nute

Each has a different costume, and from what I can tell he has yet a different costume--or at least a new hat--in ROTS. I don't think one from each movie is overkill. Look at the number of repeats of Tatooine Luke who only appeared that way in ONE movie or of Cantina Han who only wore that outfit 50% of the time thru the trilogy.
I believe Nute is even in two different costumes in the movie (at least according to the Art of... Book)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2005, 05:04 PM »
D'oh - how could I forget the Nemoidian Warrior?  He looks so cool and is one of my most anticipated figures.

I want to get an army of him, and I have a planned Cato Nemoidia battle planned for another photonovel.

The Tank Droid though would have really been a great addition to the ROTS line...

Are STAPs really in ROTS?  I hope so.

I do want another Gunray... actually I'd like to see a redo of the TPM version with silk robes... most people might think I'm nuts, but I'd be all over an Evolution Pack of Nute Gunray.

:P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2005, 05:06 PM »
I should certainly have tried to be more clear.  I would like to see some of the Seperatist leaders.  However, I would like to see some of the characters who were not made.  Scott brought up Po Nudo, and I think that's a great choice.  There was also one figure who was rather shadowy in the Geonosian War Room.  Characters who have not been previously made interest me far more than yet another Nute Gunray, or some revision of Passel Argente.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2005, 05:11 PM »
Are STAPs really in ROTS?  I hope so.

Yep, I saw them in a scan of some TCG cards.

EDIT: OK, I can't find the link where it was originally posted. I have the image saved on my hard drive but don't know how to upload it to anything. Suffice it to say it's a squad of STAPs on what is probably Kashyyyk.

I do want another Gunray... actually I'd like to see a redo of the TPM version with silk robes... most people might think I'm nuts, but I'd be all over an Evolution Pack of Nute Gunray.

Not nuts at all, Chewie. I'd buy it. :)

I should certainly have tried to be more clear.  I would like to see some of the Seperatist leaders.  However, I would like to see some of the characters who were not made.  Scott brought up Po Nudo, and I think that's a great choice.  There was also one figure who was rather shadowy in the Geonosian War Room.  Characters who have not been previously made interest me far more than yet another Nute Gunray, or some revision of Passel Argente.

I basically agree. Unused characters first. However I believe Nute is important enough and undergoes enough visual changes to justify a new figure. The others someday down the road.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 05:42 PM by Valin Kenobi »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2005, 06:18 PM »
I brought up Po Nudo in my original list!  Where's the love?  Why do I even take the time!  Just kidding.   :-*

I think he would be a really cool choice... we need another Aqualish instead of those old buff Ponda Baba rehashes...

That sounds cool about the STAPS... I hope they stay in the final cut of the movie.

:P