Author Topic: ROTS 'please answer my burning question' thread  (Read 5443 times)

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
ROTS 'please answer my burning question' thread
« on: April 1, 2005, 08:11 PM »
Hey!

I decided it would be handy to have a thread where we could pose questions about tonight/Rots or whatever.

Starting with mine:

I was fortunate enough to recieve a Target coupon in the mail a couple days ago and I was wondering if it is just good on the C1 & C2 figures or does it also apply to deluxe, unleashed, FB, GH, JF, etc. ?? What are the limits?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also please feel free to ask questions of your own and/or keep bumping this on up. Thanks! --Mike

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS 'please answer my burning question' thread
« Reply #1 on: April 1, 2005, 08:31 PM »
Hey, I cant answer your questions, but if anyone  is going to the Gaithersburgh MD TRU tonite, 355/frederick rd.,
i'll be the guy in the black Hotwheels ball cap!  give a shout out if you see me.

This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: April 1, 2005, 08:57 PM »
I was fortunate enough to recieve a Target coupon in the mail a couple days ago and I was wondering if it is just good on the C1 & C2 figures or does it also apply to deluxe, unleashed, FB, GH, JF, etc. ?? What are the limits?

No one knows right now, we've been discussing it over in the Target Vader/Coupon Thread.  If there is an answer you'll find it there...

if anyone is going to the Gaithersburgh MD TRU tonite, 355/frederick rd.,
i'll be the guy in the black Hotwheels ball cap! give a shout out if you see me.

If you're trying to organize with other local collectors, you may have more luck posting this in the Store Reports thread where you can start a thread for your home town/state!  ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline kailos

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Help me please!
« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2005, 04:40 AM »
Hi! this is my first thread on this forum, i am from Spain, I live in the canary islands and i collect star wars stuff.

I was calling this morning to the TRU near my sister lives in the continent and they dont have episode three until one week, and each figure will cost 9 euros, 12 dollars!!!!

i have a brother in Miami, i told him to buy me the figures, but he requests me a checklist of what he have to buy, i send the hasbro checklist, you know.

Well i have a few questions

1) do my brother find all the basic figures, the deluxe and the vehicules, i saw in some stores some items for late april.

2) is it the 500th Vader figure in stores right now?

3)How much can weight (pesar) 45 action figures? more or less, i was looking in the usps website and the shipping of 20 pounds cost 80 dollars and 30 pounds 110 dollars.

4)Are any website who sends episode three action figures with free shipping over 100$ and have a good price (5.5-7 dollars) i think its better buy the figures with my credit card and send to my brother and by this way he doesnt have to go for all Miami searching the figures.

5)Its the darth tater and talking yoda in the stores right now?

I hope someone reply my message as soon as possible.

Sorry for my english

Cheers

Kailos

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Help me please!
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2005, 05:12 AM »
I don't know if I have answers to everything for you...

1) - I do not understand the grammar of your question - sorry.

2) - No, it is not out yet.

3) - I would check the UPS website, just do a search on www.google.com.

4) - You will need to research this yourself probably. 

5) - Yes, both are out.

Welcome to the forums, and good luck.

:P

Offline kailos

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Help me please!
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2005, 05:34 AM »
thank you for your reply.

1) how many basic action figures are right now in the stores, if my brother go today to the walmart or another store how many figure are, 24?

2)when will be out?

3)nope, the EMS shipping its for send the figures to Spain. with UPS i have to pay double customs, America-Spain and Spain-Canary Islands, with EMS i dont have to pay customs or if i have to pay i will pay the 5% of taxes, with DHL i paid for a digital camera 44 euros of customs (58 dollars)

4)iŽll do

5)how much cost darth tater?

Offline kailos

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 2, 2005, 12:26 PM »
i dont found the lava vader in target.com!!!!!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 2, 2005, 12:30 PM »
I don't think the Lava Vader is available at Target.com.  I think it can only be bought in person at Target.

Offline kailos

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 2, 2005, 01:41 PM »
well the nearest Target from me, its 4000 milles from my house.

well someone can reply to this questions

1) how many basic action figures are right now in the stores, if my brother go today to the walmart or another store how many figure are, 24?

2)when will be out?

3)nope, the EMS shipping its for send the figures to Spain. with UPS i have to pay double customs, America-Spain and Spain-Canary Islands, with EMS i dont have to pay customs or if i have to pay i will pay the 5% of taxes, with DHL i paid for a digital camera 44 euros of customs (58 dollars)

4)iŽll do

5)how much cost darth tater?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 2, 2005, 02:05 PM »
1)  Based on reports seen here, it sounds like up to the first 32 figures are available.

2) I believe the 500th Darth Vader is supposed to be out in May.

3) According to Amazon.com, each figure weighs only 0.05 pounds, so 45 would weigh only 2 pounds (plus the weight of the box and packing materials).  But the large size of the package will probably add a lot more to the shipping cost.

4) StarWarsShop.com should have reasonable prices.  But I'm unaware of anyone that has free shipping.

5) I believe Darth Tater is $7.99 or so.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 2, 2005, 02:09 PM »
I have a burning question:

Exactly how many bodyguards does Grievous have?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline kailos

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 2, 2005, 02:15 PM »
i think only one.

and 3 three grevorous including the figure of the sneak preview and including deluxe figure, and grevorous vehicule 5 i think

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 2, 2005, 02:37 PM »
i think only one.

and 3 three grevorous including the figure of the sneak preview and including deluxe figure, and grevorous vehicule 5 i think

From what I understand there are actually a small number of the figure "grievous bodyguard" in the film, it's not just one robot with Grievous, there are several.  I was just wondering how many surround him so I can buy the actual amount.  I bought 3 of the bodyguard so far.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 2, 2005, 05:42 PM »
I'm not quite sure, Dressel. I don't think there are actually any certain amount really, just 'a lot'. Thre were quite a few, though, in the Clone Wars cartoon.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Okay, I've got a few questions for the openers out there about the action features of some of the Collection 1 figures.  More to the point, I'm curious about how their accessories are involved in the action features themselves (if at all):

1-Would some explain to me the purpose of the base that comes with R2?  I suspect it is something underwhelming, but as it has a kind of see-saw action to it, and there is no explanation of how to use it on the package, I'm a tad confused.

2-Again, what the hell is that brownish-gold pylon looking thing that comes with the second Obi-Wan figure (number 27)?  There is an indentation in the base, but it will not hold the pylon secure enough for him to kick it over, and there is a spot on the back of the pylon that makes me think it may attach to something else.  Naturally, as with R2, Hasbro did not include instructions on what it is or what it is for, so I'm drawing a blank.

3-This isn't a question, but something else Hasbro didn't explain that I figured out: the little hook thing with the handle that comes with the Clone Commander figure is actually one of those zip line things that can hook onto the (rather short) line that comes with the figure.  Or, if you happen to have the Episode I Rappel Line Attack accessory pack laying around, you can use the suction cups on that with the CC figure and have a really big slide.