Author Topic: Hardest Episode 1 figure to find?  (Read 22652 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Hardest Episode 1 figure to find?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 03:10 AM »
I would have to say that Light Up Holo Darth Maul.  Although not necessarily considered one of the 3.75" figures, I never managed to get one.

Wow that's freaky! That was a Walmart exclusive I believe and I had found mine on clearance for a total of, now get this... 50 cents. They had a huge box full of the Mauls, no Qui-Gons though which struck me as odd, since Maul was still gold then.

As far as standard carded figures, I would say the later waves (Sio Bibble, Battle Amidala TC-14) were the toughest, but that was when I was ordering cases of figures from Newforce, so it wasn't too hard for me.

The last wave (Sio Bibble, Ascension Padme, TC-14, R2-B1, and the Pit Droids)was the hardest for the main figure line for sure for so many. Ironically the only figure I never saw in stores was TC-14 and I only saw the other 4 one time, thankfully I picked those all up in one shot and eventually got TC-14 in a trade. I remember when everyone was raving about the rarity of the Swimming Jar-Jar and how sought after that POS was and I had saw a shelf full of em on vacation in Florida.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 01:25 PM »
Seriously ..the light -up holo darth maul?? My local Walmart had ..about 100 or so of those on the floor...they wouldn't sell so they ended up clearancing them out...I laughed because every time I went in the store they were still there..lower in clearance, until one day I went in and they were under a dollar- I never bought it because I thought it was lame

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 05:52 PM »
Amidala battle, I still dont have her.

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #18 on: November 3, 2005, 09:29 AM »
the only one i miss is r2b1, i've never seen this blue droid :(
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 01:22 AM »
Besides variations, for me its been Eopie w/Qui Gon and Ascension Gun Amidala. I've come across everything else multiple times.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 09:59 AM »
definitely TC-14 and r2-b1.  never saw them on the shelf and still can't seem to get one on ebay.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 07:44 PM »
Hologram Sidious.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2006, 12:20 PM »
I would have to say Sio Bibble and/or the second wave of accessories sets. Still don't have them.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 12:24 AM »
The only thing about the accessory sets was that Toy Maniacs had them for ages...  If ya wanted to go the online route.  That was what I did at the time for those.  If they'd been the first set they'd have blown out the door.

For me, the toughest finds were figures i never saw in stores...

-Sio Bibble
-TC-14
-R2-B1
-Swimming Jar Jar
-Ascension Amidala

I found a Pit Droid 2-pack and holo Sidious but only once...  So for me they're close seconds in the running.  The others I had to trade for.  I still dont' have Ascension Amidala out of those...  :(

These are just basic figures though.  They're at least findable...  Stuff like Eopie w/Qui Gon, or Bonus Pit Droids...  That's stuff I want but man I just doubt I'll ever get it. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 1, 2006, 12:00 AM »
JJ,
I feel you there with the bonus Pit Droids, have been looking on ebay for two years now with no luck on find some that are decent in price. I also would like to get an Eopie, but I don't need the Qui-Gon.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 12:29 PM »
I am still in need of TC-14. I saw the droid once and passed it up cause I figured it would stick around, course I was wrong.  Got accession padme off of ebay for $20 the card was a little bent but at this point I don't care.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2006, 08:34 PM »
I was at the Pitt Toy Show here a weekend ago or so, and saw TC-14 at it...  $50 was the dealer's asking price.  I just laughed and moved on...  Not that I needed TC-14 but when I saw the price I was just amazed.  This guy had that same figure for like $30 the last show.  Prices are jacking up on everything.  Even old pegwarmers that sold for $1.99 clearance are going back up at Toy Shows in some lame attempt to capitalize quickly.

Same stuff'll come back down in price...

Tonphanan, make sure you put out want lists (and what you have too) around our classifieds boards.  You'll find what you're looking for perhaps.  I get some good leads on stuff now and then and I'm not even allt hat active in online trading (not as active as I would like to be anyway).

The Padme's my last need (other than an Eopie really) from E1, and it's a figure I don't even care to have, haha.  Sad really.  I just need that loose set complete or it bugs me, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 11:35 AM »
the only one i miss is r2b1, i've never seen this blue droid :(

my quest is over now, i've purchased one of these babies MOC and i'm relieved, now i can focus on army building lol
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Seriously ..the light -up holo darth maul?? My local Walmart had ..about 100 or so of those on the floor...they wouldn't sell so they ended up clearancing them out...I laughed because every time I went in the store they were still there..lower in clearance, until one day I went in and they were under a dollar- I never bought it because I thought it was lame

I guess I should've explained that I was living in Fairbanks, Alaska at the time and the nearest Walmart was about 600 miles away.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 02:04 AM »
That'd make it a tougher toy run I suppose...

Who'd you piss off to get stationed there? :)

I recall those solid holo's being abundant as well, and I need a set myself.  Never bought them on clearance even.  I assume they're reasonably priced on Ebay these days.  The Maul really has no substitute.  I mean, the upcoming one is comical in comparison.