Author Topic: NBA - 2002/03  (Read 45177 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: The NBA Playoffs
« Reply #60 on: May 1, 2003, 10:56 PM »
Who's your daddy?  I dunno, does he have GREEN eyes? ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 2, 2003, 12:39 AM »
If the Lakers win, they get the Spurs.  That should prove an interesting match up.  Nets are through too.  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: May 2, 2003, 12:58 AM »
If the Lakers win, they get the Spurs.

Bring 'em on then, 'cause this game is already OVER.  The Kid is in the zone, so you might as well chalk up one more first round exit for KG, sadly enough as he did everything he could.  Spurs?  Yeah, whatever.  You mean the guys who just got pasted by the Suns TWICE?  OK.  Really scared...   ::)

Glad to see the Celtics are moving on, and to be honest, I'd love to see them get past the Nets as well.  This is a little confusing since I generally DESPISE the green leprechaun worshipping turds.  But like I said last year, I'd love to rekindle that old rivalry and get a big piece of them in the Finals!  But oddly enough, looks like I'll still be rooting for those Irish clowns for a little while...   :-[
« Last Edit: May 2, 2003, 08:25 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 2, 2003, 09:15 AM »

Bring 'em on then, 'cause this game is already OVER.  The Kid is in the zone, so you might as well chalk up one more first round exit for KG, sadly enough as he did everything he could.  Spurs?  Yeah, whatever.  You mean the guys who just got pasted by the Suns TWICE?  OK.  Really scared...   ::)

Yep, them lowly Spurs are certainly no match for the Lakers.  After all, the Lakers won the season series 4-0 right?  Oh dear, no, that's not quite right, is it?  My, my, after checking, it appears that it just might have been the other way around.  Have the Lakers beaten the Spurs this year?  Maybe in exhibition season when they thought they were playing hockey.   8)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: May 2, 2003, 09:42 AM »
Sitting in a hotel room in Hotlanta seeing the Pups getting pasted by 30 freaking points the other night was not my idea of a good time.  They had them on Sunday and blew it and lost all momentum...sadly I think it may be time to shop KG around.  Sure he is one of the greatest physical talents of all time, I love watching the kid shoot 19-21 foot jumpers, but the supporting cast (including Wally) is pathetic, we need bodies and trading him for 2 or 3 starters and a couple of #1's plus freeing up cap space is the way to go right now.  Sad but there is no other way this franchise will ever get over that hump in large part due to his enormous salary

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #65 on: May 5, 2003, 11:09 AM »
ROUND 2

Western Conference

vs

vs

Eastern Conference

vs

vs

After sweating a little with my Bad Boys pick of Detroit they finally showed up and took care of O-Town, they should be able to beat the one man wonder in 7.  These are all great matchups, and I am really looking forward to the Spurs/Lakers series.  Parker and Duncan is a better combo than Hudson/KG and should be able to beat the Lakers, depends on if Shaq shows up or not, SPurs in 6!  I'll also take Sacramento in 6 and Boston in 6 in the other two series,

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #66 on: May 6, 2003, 12:24 AM »
Game 1, 2nd Round

SPURS... 87

VS.

LAKERS... 82

;D
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #67 on: May 6, 2003, 05:38 AM »
Another less than exciting game to watch overall, but hey - defense wins championships I guess...   :-\

I'm going to try real hard here to bite my tongue and not point out the 35-12 free throw disparity between the two teams (you can figure out who it favors, I'm sure  >:().  Duncan shot more free throws than the entire Laker team.  Say what?!  Shaq only got fouled 3 times the whole game?  Yeah, right.  Kobe got fouled ONE TIME, in 39 freaking shot attempts?!?  Are you kidding me?  If this was a blowout, the disgustingly lopsided (and totally bogus) foul calls (or lack thereof) wouldn't be such a big factor.  Just total BS if you ask me.  Looked like the 4th quarter of that Sacto game last year where the Lakers got every call.  Whatever...  ::)

We'll get 'em on Wednesday.

It also sucked to see the ever boring Duncan pull in another MVP award - over the more deserving KG (and even Kobe).  YAWN...  Guess KG ain't ever going to win one if he couldn't do it this year.  I realize the MVP generally goes to a player on one of the teams with the best records, but it doesn't have to go to the best player on the team with THE best record does it?!  C'mon.  Spread the wealth around a little you dumb crap voters.  KG was supposed to be the sentimental favorite as well - and his all around numbers were even better than Duncan's.  And the fourth best record in the entire league is pretty much good enough to garner the "one of the top teams" status that the MVP should be on.  Again, whatever...   ::)

Should've been Kidd last year too (while I'm in my whiny peehole mode here)!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #68 on: May 6, 2003, 10:17 AM »
It also sucked to see the ever boring Duncan pull in another MVP award - over the more deserving KG (and even Kobe).  YAWN...  Guess KG ain't ever going to win one if he couldn't do it this year.  I realize the MVP generally goes to a player on one of the teams with the best records, but it doesn't have to go to the best player on the team with THE best record does it?!  C'mon.  Spread the wealth around a little you dumb crap voters.  KG was supposed to be the sentimental favorite as well - and his all around numbers were even better than Duncan's.  And the fourth best record in the entire league is pretty much good enough to garner the "one of the top teams" status that the MVP should be on.  Again, whatever...   ::)

Should've been Kidd last year too (while I'm in my whiny peehole mode here)!

Matt, I totally agree with you on this one.  I don't think Duncan really should have gotten that award.  Did he deserve it?  I think so.  But were there other people out there whould deserved it more than him?  Yes.

This kinda brings me back to the NFL's Pro Bowl selection of this past season, which totally burns me up inside.  The best running back in the NFC this past season was Shaun Alexander.  Did he make it to the Pro Bowl?  No.  Marshall Faulk made it to the Pro Bowl, and it was definitely one of his worst seasons ever in the NFL.  That kind of crap really makes the whole Pro Bowl deal worthless to me.  I used to watch it MANY years ago when they would pick the best of the best.  Now it's the most popular and once-was players.

Sorry to go off into another sport, but I had to.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #69 on: May 6, 2003, 11:33 PM »
Both the 76ers and the Mavericks lost tonight... how sweet it is!

;D
dustrho

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 7, 2003, 11:31 AM »
Matt.  Question time.

Do you think the NBA really actually calls all the fouls?  Ever?  In any game?  Remember, I'm old enough to recall when basketball was a non-contact sport.  It looks more and more like a rugby scrum all the time.  

By the same token, 3 in the key; travel ball?  This is why I prefer college, they actually play by the rules of a game called basketball, rather than an entertainment program known as the NBA.  

Don't worry though, the calls will be reversed when the series shifts out west.

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 7, 2003, 03:57 PM »
I can't wait to see the Spurs or Kings beeeotch the Lakers.  I think the Spurs can do it and if they can't the Kings for sure will finish them off
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #72 on: May 7, 2003, 11:38 PM »

Spurs by 30...Ouch, Injuries suck don't they, try playing without your $10M point guard for a year and a half

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #73 on: May 7, 2003, 11:44 PM »
Scott, I was just about to post the same type of message that you did, but you beat me to the punch.  I've been watching the Spurs humiliate the Lakers, and I'm loving every second of it.

94-67 after three periods... HAHAHAHA!!!
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #74 on: May 7, 2003, 11:51 PM »
Why I oughta...   :-X

* JediMAC slaps EVERYONE, especially his dumba$$ Laker team!   >:(

Fortunately, I'm still at the office, and not actually watching this CRAP.  Unfortunately, my wife keeps calling me and giving me updates on the madness...   ::)

::Stomps off in a grumpy huff::