Author Topic: NBA - 2002/03  (Read 45192 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
NBA - 2002/03
« on: March 23, 2003, 05:23 PM »
Updated now to "Off Season News", so scroll to the end of the thread...  ;)

------------------------

Lakers 104   Celtics 96
Yeah, you knew this would be waiting for you upon your return!   ;D  So what do you have to say for yourself Celtic boy?!

Just please no comments about any of the Lakers other recent games though...   ::)

P.S.  Patty sends her regards as well...   ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 04:46 PM by JediMAC »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Oooohhhhh Breeeeeent...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2003, 06:08 PM »
Hey Matt... how did your Raiders do in the Super Bowl?  I never found out what the final score ended up being.

:P
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 06:14 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure we won!  This is still 1981, is it not?   :P

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 06:29 PM »
You guys and your crazy sports... ;)

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2003, 08:47 PM »
Wooohooo, yeah the Lakers rule!!!!

(sorry Brent, Matt put me up to it) ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2003, 09:39 PM »
Wooohooo, yeah the Lakers rule!!!!

(sorry Brent, Matt put me up to it) ;)
Brent, I think you know my new best friend, Jim... don't you?!   ;D  He hails from the great state of Minnesota, where the heralded Laker franchise originated from long ago...  I think Scott's a closet fan too, due to his allegiance with this state, if I'm not mistaken...   :o

Right Scott?   :D

Say it with me...  FOUR-PEAT...   ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2003, 10:08 PM »
Nope, like the Dallas Stars after them no way in H-E double hockey sticks will I ever root for a team who left the fine state of Minnesota

And the only thing I see the Lakers 4-peating this year is their losses in the first round to either the Spurs or the Kings...

KG sure put on a show on Friday adding another notch in his MVP resume belt...we shall see

I will as I told DennisTPM lay claim to all of Lakers titles they won while playing Minnesota s ours and not California's, you can take the Magic and Crybaby years, George Mikan, Vern Mikkelson, John Kundla and Bud Grant (yep that Bud Grant) were ours not yours...

BTW where is the nearest actual real lake to LA???  Tar Pits don't count

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2003, 10:12 PM »
I also find it strange that Brent's abscense occured the same time as this.  Coincidence?  I think not

And BTW, there is a real chance they might not even make the playoffs yet, hopefully they don't lose their #2 guy (like the T-Wolves have been without all year) in the next few games.  It would be a shame to see Kobe go down like that

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2003, 01:43 AM »
Are you threatening our Boy Wonder, Scott?!  I sure hope not, or KG will have to suffer the consequences.  I figured you'd stay in the closet with your Laker fandom.  Understandable...   ;)  But tell me this:  Does the Target Center have the Minneapolis Lakers Championship banners hanging up there or Mikan's jersey retired there (or anywhere nearby)?  If so, I'd say you could rightfully lay claim to their franchise.  But if not, you know where you can find that stuff hanging from their lofty perches high up in the rafters... Yep, Staples Center.  So until you guys honor your ol' boys out there, we get to keep 'em!   ;D

As for that espn report there - man that sucks.  Completely classless move by whomever did that.  Sacto better pray they stay out of our way in the playoffs.  I'm actually hoping that we stay in the #7 spot now, just so we can sweep their cow-tipping, bell-ringing butts right out of the first round!

So where's Brent anyways?  I thought it was just a weekend excursion he was going on...  You better not be ducking me now B!  I stepped up and took the heat last time (kinda)...   :P

And don't you go believing Jim there - I didn't make him do that!  He told me he's wanted to "come out" to you and his friends as a diehard Lakers fan for a long time.  Always good to root for a winner...   8)

Nearest lake?   Hmmm....  And I really can't include the La Brea tarpits?  Uh... well...  I think there's one a couple hours away from here somewhere...  Must be!  Of course, we've got that other pretty cool body of water right nearby...  I believe it's known as the Pacific Ocean.   ;D

Not too many "Trolley Dodgers" out here either, but I think we'll hang on to that name and the franchise's great history as well!   ;)  Well, kinda great history, anyways...   :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2003, 07:47 PM »
Funny little blurb I just caught on the Lakers home page on ESPN.com:

Jedi mind tricks

When the Lakers started slowly this season, coach Phil Jackson suppressed the urge to hammer his players, writes ESPN.com's Tom Farrey. Jackson's artful handling of the crisis is one reason the team is back in playoff contention. "It's almost like the force," said Kobe Bryant. "He's like a Jedi and he can sense his way through things, and that's had a major impact. … You don't know what could have happened if he would have pushed the panic button. Maybe we would have gone the opposite direction. … But the fact that he stepped back and let us work through it has paid off."

Here's the link (scroll down a little):  Jedi Mind Tricks

Pretty funny stuff!  Kobe and the Force...  Cool!   8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2003, 08:00 PM »
I went ahead and replied to your original post on this matter as well...   :-*

Ooooh, JediMaaaaaaaac...

So where the heck are you, eh?  You still away on your trip, or are you just hiding out being a big chicken?!?   ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2003, 09:32 PM »
Go Oil!   Sorry, wrong game.  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2003, 09:44 PM »
I thought that you were still asleep Dale.  Maybe you should go back to bed...   ::)   ;)

If you don't have anything good to say about the Lakers here, then don't say anthing at all!   :-X   :P   :D

We have another sports thread floating around here, where you're more than welcome to spout off about your long gone Champion sports franchises (maybe Brent can join you there).  Here you go:   8)

Alright SPORTS fans, name your teams!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2003, 09:55 PM »
You wish I was still asleep.  :P
I don't follow Basketball that much but I will say it is an interesting sport. So just to make you happy:  ;)

Go Lakers

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2003, 12:58 AM »
That's better Dale... sort of...  Is that the best you could do though?  How 'bout increasing the font size, and changing it to the Lakers purple color.  Spice it up a little, huh?!   :D  The soon to be 4-time champions deserve a little more snazzy accolade than that tiny little thing...   :-\

Thanks.  I'll check back in later to see what improvements you've made...   ;)