Author Topic: NBA - 2002/03  (Read 45191 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Oooohhhhh Breeeeeent...
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2003, 09:14 AM »
You don't ask for much do you.  ;)
How about this for a start.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2003, 02:26 PM »
Oh yes, now we're talkin' Dale!  That's MUCH better, and a very worthy salutation to the 3-time defending Champs!

Now if chicken boy Brent would just poke his nose in here, we'll be in business!   :D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2003, 11:48 PM »
It's a dang conspiracy, it is.  With all due respect to Chris and Scott, this smells rotten.

Oh sure, the Celts lost (lord only knows why JM is celebrating so, part of a 2-8 run by the Celts - not sure what sort of clever lead-up-to-the-playoffs strategy it is, but they sure are sneaky) but what hurts more is the betrayal of a friend and the coercion by which it arose.  

Et tu, Chuckles? :o

Oh sure, you tell me JM put you up to it, but no emails unless I contact you first?  The shame, the sorrow.  

At least OCB is still supportive.  Thank goodness for that, lest I think this site was a conspiracy against me (even my fellow Canuck is flinging banners about).  Finally, FINALLY I reach a level of fame and fortune that an actual internet thread bears my name (though grossly misspelled) and I find I am unable to reply and must suffer the slings and arrows of said outrageous fortune.  Alas, poor Yorrick, I knew him well.  Huh?  Oh, sorry.

Point - the Lakers still suck, they had to steal a team from another state.

Point - basketball sucks relative to hockey.  

Point - I was indeed away until Wednesday night and not anywhere near Shaq ::)

Point - I guess now that I'm famous, I should be a mod, huh?

Point - where's Mel Gibson when you need him.  

Now, where did I put that copy of Catcher in the Rye?  Ah, by the Shakespeare...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2003, 01:16 AM »
Sonics!  Sonics!  Sonics!

Hey, aren't they in the west?  Oops.  Gotta get outta there before you can beat up on the east.  

:P :P :P :P :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2003, 01:24 AM »
Sonics! Isn't that a Hedhog.  ;D
Hey, I can have fun too.  ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: April 1, 2003, 08:11 PM »
Nice to finally have you back Brent!  I hope you weren't too offended, annoyed, or frustrated with our temporary banning of you from JD.  Fortunately, it doesn't sound like it...   ;D

We just thought it would be more fun that way, so that when all the mudslinging, coercion ::), and fun was going on and being directed at you and the paltry Celt's, you would have no ability to retort and defend yourself in a fair and proper manner whatsoever.   8)

And really now... if Jim and Dale are truly your friends, you should allow them to root for whomever their hearts desire.  If that just so happens to be the best team in the NBA, and 3-time defending World Champions, then more power to 'em.  Always nice to be a fan of the Champs!  You can hold your head high wherever you go!  To suggest that anyone was rooting for the Lakers here with anything other than purely honest intentions is just silly...   ;)

Well, even if we don't get our long awaited classic 80's rivalry revived in the Finals, it at least looks like you'll be able to do that in the first round in the Eastern playoffs vs. the Sixers.  That should be fun to watch.  Meanwhile, the Lakers (resting comfortably in their # 7 spot) will be dispatching of the whiny babies known as the Sucramento Queens!

I am glad to hear that it wasn't you defacing Shaq's 20,000 point ball there Brent.  I know you have a lot of pent up hostility towards the always winning Lakers, but grafitting vulgarities on someone's special ball just really didn't sound in character for you.  Close, but not quite...

BTW, I think Chris R. (dustrho) has been converted to a Laker fan now as well, after I sent him a real nice (and unexpected) Laker banner as part of our recent trade.  He told me he really liked it and put it up in his Living Room window for his whole Chicago area neighborhood to see...  I think I even heard him chanting "Ko-be, Ko-be, Ko-be" clear over here the other night.  Looks like you and Scott now stand alone.  I'm still working on him though.  I'm sure he'll eventually come around and recognize the true roots of NBA hoops in the state of Minnesota...  :D

So, with all that in mind, who do you guys all think the Lakers will face from the East in the Finals this year?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: April 1, 2003, 10:07 PM »
Matt...

I am pretty sure the Lakers numbers are retired here in the rafters of Minnesota's Target Center or else they list the 7 Mpls Lakers who are in the hall of fame

George Mikan
Vern Mikkelsen
Slater Martin
Elgin Baylor
Clyde Lovellette
Jim Pollard
John Kundla

I don't think the Pacific Ocean is a lake either...nice try though.  The only lake I can remember is after Kobe starts complaining to refs about some bogus call...the lake of tears

And there is no way the refs will give the Lakers the series against Sacramento this year...they'll be lucky to get to Game 6!  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 2, 2003, 12:17 AM »
Bandwagon.  The world's a bandwagon.   ;D

Fortunately, I don't know Chris (yet) so I hold no animosity towards him.  Chuckles and I worked through the details and his wife has straightened him out.  Otherwise I send her no more gifts.  

And you are correct, I never would have defaced the ball.  Of course, if Smaq could shoot free throws, he would probably be at 25K now.  Yeah, yeah, I know, nobody practices harder than he does.  Still, pretty sad.  I actually developed my dislike for him prior to his Laker days when he could have already had two championships under his belt, had he been able to shoot free throws.  And it would have dimmed the aura of a certain Bull.  But, clanging iron from the stripe will be his legacy, if only to me.  He may be in the top five all time, but not number one.  

Kobe who?  Funny how Sacramento and Seattle are both out west, eh?  Given the way the Celts are playing, I wouldn't be all that surprised if they lose, especially to a hot Philly.  But it won't really matter when the Lakers get their lottery pick.  

Dale?  who is this Dale you speak of.  Probably another old guy in Canada.  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 7, 2003, 08:43 AM »
Dale?  who is this Dale you speak of.  Probably another old guy in Canada.  

It is I. King Fart #2.   :P  
Well I saw the highlights of the game on Sportsnet. After watching almost 15 mins of Vancouver hockey highlights,  ::)
yea, they choked, All I can say for basketball is:
:-* ;D LAKERS  :P   :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: April 7, 2003, 02:15 PM »
Yeah!  You tell him Dale!!   8)   Glowing smileys...  I love it!

BTW, anyone else notice Kobe's back to back game winning shots lately?   ;)  We're on a roll again...  WATCH OUT!

If you may have missed last night's game, here's a link for you to read up on it:  Kobe Heroics: The Encore

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: The Official NBA (mostly Lakers) thread!
« Reply #25 on: April 8, 2003, 12:31 AM »
OH sure, my moment of glory edited away.  

You starting to get nervous about the playoffs?  Trying to make sure my name ain't up there in glowing lights when the Oceaners fail to fourpeat?  Chickenboy?

* Morgbug TBM

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #26 on: April 8, 2003, 12:39 AM »
All I can say is that you're lucky I'm not a moderator of this particular forum, because I would delete all the Lakers crap that's posted here.  I think it should be banned from JediDefender.  What does everyone else think about that?

dustrho

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 8, 2003, 01:10 AM »
Having been a resident of the L.A. area for most of my life I have two words to say.

Shaq Attack!  I'm not one of those bragadocious types.  I'm just enjoying the ride...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: April 8, 2003, 02:23 AM »
OH sure, my moment of glory edited away.

Sorry Brent, but it seemed like all the fame and notoriety was really starting to go to your head.   ::)  I just couldn't take it anymore, so I changed it to something more neutral so the rest of the gang could understand the topic and join in - just in case they didn't know what the hell "Oh Breeeeeeent" meant!   :P

From FishEyedLouie:
I'm not one of those bragadocious types.

Thank God one of us is Matthew!   ;)

Offline ed_dotcom

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 8, 2003, 03:43 AM »
All I have to say is in two weeks, "Bring It On".

Sacramento KINGS fan for life baby!!

i am ed.