Author Topic: Enjoy The Next Few Days  (Read 13688 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Enjoy The Next Few Days
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2005, 01:36 PM »
Tonight is the night... I allowed myself to sleep late, had a light lunch, and now I'm just patiently waiting for the midnight show to come. I've somehow managed to avoid spoilers, which has been a problem for me with the prequels until now - so I'm happy to say I have no clue what's going to happen (besides the obvious)...

I keep telling all of my friends, "This is the twilight of my hobby, do you realize that?" It isn't the end, but I definately feel like this is the twilight for us. After this, all we have is reruns, short cartoons, and a slew of books and comics. It's all downhill from here.

So how many times will I see Episode 3? Probably three times. And I'm curious to know - how many of you guys and gals are actually going to have popcorn on opening night?

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2005, 02:28 PM »
The big day is finally upon us and I can't wait for the film tonight.  The next few days are all about the fans and there love of this movie franchise.  It is somewhat sad too think there won't be anymore movies but the future looks bright.  With TV, cartoons, novels, comics, it's gonna be a great time to be a star wars fan and I can't wait.

The post itself was great very well written and I enjoyed it alot.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 03:03 PM by JedioftheNorth »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Just less than 47 hours to go for me. Tick...tick...tick. Looking forward to it.  8)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2005, 03:11 AM »
Well it happened, once the lights came back after my initial viewing at midnight, the feeling that the end was here washed over me. A sadness has put me into a funk and it's because the excitement has come to pass and now it's back to my regular old boring life and job. I had post-vacation depression when I got home from C3, now that feeling is back. It totally sucks, the movies are done and there isn't much to look forward to in the immediate future....
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2005, 03:41 AM »
Oh buck up fella!  You still have me.   :P

hehe, I know what you mean, somewhat, Jason...  I've had a weird feeling since I left the movie that I don't have something to anticipate that revolves around Star Wars...  Even figures.

I really hope what they do for TV is good because if it sucks I'm gonna be really let down.

At least I'll go see the film some more, but it's really rather depressing itself...  Not to mention the feeling of "finality" to it all...  I drove home from the theater myself last night, and I really was kinda "bleh".  I wanted to talk to someone about it/have a long SW conversation over some scrambled eggs or something at Denny's but everyone went home right after the show because most had commitments the next day (or wives/gf's that made them go home!   >:( ).

Kind of a bummer when I reflect on it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2005, 04:06 AM »
Oh buck up fella!  You still have me.   :P

At least I'll go see the film some more, but it's really rather depressing itself...  Not to mention the feeling of "finality" to it all...  I drove home from the theater myself last night, and I really was kinda "bleh".  I wanted to talk to someone about it/have a long SW conversation over some scrambled eggs or something at Denny's but everyone went home right after the show because most had commitments the next day (or wives/gf's that made them go home!   >:( ).

Kind of a bummer when I reflect on it.

Disturbing...........

Hahahah  :P

Ya know I had a similar problem after the movie when me and a friend went to Dennys for some late night breakfast. We were so exhausted from the day and then the finality of ROTS we didn't even talk about the movie at Dennys. Instead when we did talk it was to complain about the teenagers sitting near us.

But after the 2nd show, we went to dinner and couldn't stop talking about the movie. It felt good to be able to do that, and it kinda helped a little with my feeling of depression. But then I went to work and you know how that can suck the life out of a person...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2005, 05:05 AM »
No doubt man...

My gf I've held off babbling to her about it because she's not seen it yet (like she cares even!?).  I'm trying to get her to watch AOTC this weekend/week so when we go next weekend she'll at least have a semi-idea what's up.

Besides that, I really haven't talked much about ROTS other than online.  My buddy's out in your town for training right now or he and I would chat I'm sure, though he hasn't seen it either now since he was out there this week!  Ugh!

And the local collectors are all busy!  hah! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2005, 01:01 PM »
JJ if you want some one to chat SW with, drop me a chat, homie. ;)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2005, 04:27 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm still enjoying this after the fact feeling.  I've seen it, abosrbed it (and can some more at home  :o), and will go again tomorrow morning.  I'm enjoying the fact that its still opening weekend and tons of people are lining up to see it for the first time. I like all the local hype and news reports too.

I haven't felt that decompression yet that some of you have - where you've got adjust to how you feel after a big build up.  I don't want to get the feeling that its all over. I'm enjoying it now and I hope there's not a big let down. Part this feeling has to do with the fact that I didn't have to go to work on thursday or today, friday.   :)

I'm looking forward to talking to friends about it after they see it too. 

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2005, 08:09 PM »
Yeah.  I'm feeling kind of bummed too,  I had a great time on Wednesday night and Thursday with a good friend who came up to NY from NC, but he's gone home now.

The fact that Star Wars is "over," combined with the lonliness that I am feelling becuase my son (that I have been taking care of since January) has started daycare, has really put me in funk.  On one hand it's good because I can work full time again and my wife and I can spend more time together, but I miss the little guy during the day, and now I'm going to miss the Skywalker family.

While I'm  curious about the TV shows, I admit that I'm skeptical of them.  I'm afraid they'll be SW without the spectacle, and that doesn't interest me.

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2015, 10:45 AM »
Wow...I can't believe its been 10 years since I posted this originally and how much my life and all of our lives had changed.  Part of me sitting in my chair in 2005 was melancholy in the fact that this was it, this was the end of SW movies and we were about to transition into a Wizard of Oz type fandom of clutching to our Peter Pan youth of yore for many years to come.

In the last 10 years, as stated, much has changed in my own personal life, I've changed jobs, moved, my boys have grown from babies into fine young little men.  Oh, and they are making Star Wars movies again.  It is really hard to describe how freaking awesome that is and how for 2 hours on Thursday with a fresh set of eyes I can relive my youth and watch with awe the opening crawl of a new chapter in the saga and really all of our lives again.

Enjoy it all...suck it all in, this is all distraction from the mundane scary world we all live in, full of illness and hate.  May the force be with you all, always!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2015, 10:53 AM »
Enjoy it all...suck it all in, this is all distraction from the mundane scary world we all live in, full of illness and hate.  May the force be with you all, always!

Well said.  My life has changed a ton in the last 10 years, really looking forward to taking my three boys to see the movie this weekend!  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2015, 02:40 PM »
These are also the last few days we have before they pump a gazillion Star Wars movies out and we all start to hate it.  :(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2015, 05:41 PM »
My gf's boys have basically become my own, and the youngest is now picking colleges to go an play ball at. :)  The older boy is going to be a senior at college next year.  Pretty nutty. 

Gf still could give a **** about Star Wars tho!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2015, 11:23 PM »
The best part of this is experiencing this with my 5 year old.  In a couple of years, I'll get to do it all over again when my two-year old is old enough!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.