Author Topic: New Forum Avatars  (Read 8092 times)

SilverZ

New Forum Avatars
« on: May 10, 2005, 12:40 AM »
The JediDefender.com forum avatars have been updated! We’ve uploaded new images culled from all six movies, various Kubrick figures, and the Clone Wars animated series.

In the process of the upgrade, some older avatars have been removed and replaced by updated images. Please double-check if the update has affected your currently selected avatar in your forum profile.

Also, after browsing the new avatar list, if you see a character, vehicle, beast, or other item that you feel is missing, please drop us a line and we’ll work to get your ideas added for the next update.

- Jared

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Avatars
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 01:40 AM »
Nice work! I'm claiming this one, everyone else hands off!  ;D

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
  • Amy Allen... priceless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 09:53 AM »
How about an Aayla Secura avatar?  That would be nice.  :)

By the way, I am the guy who is friends with Darth Broem.  I met you guys at CIII.  :)  Great boards you have here!   :) 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Indeed, I remember meeting you with Brian that Friday night.  Sorry we didn't get a chance to hang out longer...  Anyway, welcome to JD and enjoy the ride...  8)

As for the Aayla avatar, definite oversight there by us.  We'll get our crack avatar staff to work on that right away, and give you a holler when we've got one ready to go for ya'!

- Matt

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 03:11 PM »
I'm officially requesting that someone (Matt, hint hint) hook me up with an avatar of either one of the following:

1.  The frame from ROTS (it's in the second trailer) where Yoda has this "OH ****!" look on his face right before he gets fried by lightning.

or

2.  A close-up of the "Demented Yoda" puppet from page 207 of "The Making of 'Revenge of the Sith.'"

I'll be your friend if you can swing this.  ;D

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 03:26 PM »
Indeed, I remember meeting you with Brian that Friday night.  Sorry we didn't get a chance to hang out longer...  Anyway, welcome to JD and enjoy the ride...  8)

As for the Aayla avatar, definite oversight there by us.  We'll get our crack avatar staff to work on that right away, and give you a holler when we've got one ready to go for ya'!

- Matt

Thanks bud!  That is much appreciaited!  It is good to know that you guys take care of people here.  Much beterr than some...ahem...other sites.   ;)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 03:29 PM »
You guys will have a friend forever in Dan if you get that Aayla Secura avatar for him.  The guy has it really bad for both Amy and Aayla.  You practically have to wipe the drool from his mouth at C3 when he got his autograph and pic with her. 

Just joking Dan!!!  Well...sort of. 

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 03:37 PM »
You guys will have a friend forever in Dan if you get that Aayla Secura avatar for him.  The guy has it really bad for both Amy and Aayla.  You practically have to wipe the drool from his mouth at C3 when he got his autograph and pic with her. 

Just joking Dan!!!  Well...sort of. 

LOL!   ;D  I think I may have tripped over my tongue, but she is kinda purty... ;)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 03:57 PM by Jedidz23 »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 06:58 PM »
I assume something from either of these two images would suffice, right?

Unfortunately, they're both rectangular pix, so they'd have to be cropped a bit.  I trust you'd be bummed if you lost her nice stomach in the first one, or rack in the second one though, yeah?

Quick first attempt from one of our less talented photoshoppers here.  Feel free to use one for the time being:

But we'll see if one of the pros here to get those cleaned up a bit for ya', Dan.

EDIT:  One more for ya' Dan.  Cleaned up, but unfortunately cropped too.  :-\

And Michael, I've thrown your request to the appropriate fellas behind the scenes, so we'll see what they can do for ya' bud!  Stay tuned...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 07:36 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 10:20 PM »
All I could find on Yoda was this... I avoid all spoilers so I'm a bit afraid to look too hard.

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 11:57 PM »

Quick first attempt from one of our less talented photoshoppers here.  Feel free to use one for the time being:

But we'll see if one of the pros here to get those cleaned up a bit for ya', Dan.

EDIT:  One more for ya' Dan.  Cleaned up, but unfortunately cropped too.  :-\

Unfortunately, they're both rectangular pix, so they'd have to be cropped a bit.  I trust you'd be bummed if you lost her nice stomach in the first one, or rack in the second one though, yeah?

Cough...need oxygen...too much mammory goodness... ;D 

Oh man...life doesn't get any better than this!!  The second one with the rack is absolute gold!!   ;D  Matt, I think you've got a friend for life after this.   :D  I will add this sample one for now.  Looks pretty good!  Hey Aayla, how you doin'?   ;)

FYI I couldn't open the last one, but I can't imagine it being any better than the rack picture!  Man, I'm pathetic! :-[
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 02:47 PM by Jedidz23 »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 02:21 PM »
...too much mammory goodness...The second one with the rack is absolute gold!!... FYI I couldn't open the last one, but I can't imagine it being any better than the rack picture!  Man, I'm pathetic! :-[

Really?  Even better than these, Dan...?!

BTW, I can't take credit for any of the fine work here in this thread so far.  I'm just the messenger, and couldn't photoshop **** to save my life...  ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 02:24 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 02:28 PM »
BTW, I can't take credit for any of the fine work here in this thread so far.  I'm just the messenger, and couldn't photoshop **** to save my life...  ;)

:-X   :P

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 02:44 PM »
Quote from: JediMAC Really?  Even better than these, Dan...?![quote

Oh...pant...those aren't bad either...sigh.  You're killing me!  :)  However, just to pacify our family members, I better stick to the orignal two.  Maybe stick isn't such a good verb here.   :o
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 02:45 PM by Jedidz23 »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 09:58 PM »
OK, here's our two final versions that we've officially added into our avatar selections, Dan.  I went ahead and stuck the boob one into your profile though (replacing the one that wasn't on our server), so LMK if you want to stick with it or not.  If not, you can now go in and manually pick the other one if you'd like now...

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 10:00 PM by JediMAC »