Author Topic: Jedi After Episode 3?  (Read 8272 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi After Episode 3?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 09:42 PM »
All of these questions and more will be answered in the Rykrof Enloe photonovel series.  Patience.   ;)

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 04:54 AM »
And I've said before, CHEWIE's Rykrof Enloe series should be considered EU canon. Check it out over in the "customs" section, under "photonovels."  ;D

And...(spoilers below)

Just because Quinlan was caught in an explosion in the ROTS comic, doesn't mean he didn't survive it and escape.   ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 04:01 AM »
Spoilers perhaps for the non comic folk

Well I don't believe Quin did die because of the Tales story "Ghost" where he meets up with a young Han Solo. He's older and being hunted down by bounty hunters.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 04:02 AM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2005, 07:13 PM »
He's always being hunted down by bounty hunters. :P

I'd love to see him live.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 01:43 PM »
I thought all of the Tales storylines specifically took place in the Infinities universe.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2005, 06:02 PM »
^ A common misconception. Some of them take place in Infinities, some take place in "real" SW; basically it's up to personal preference as to which are considered real or Inf (or up to authors of reference guides when they decide which stories to include).

And there were quite a number of Jedi who survived in the EU, although apparently most believed they were the only ones to survive:

--Callista (in the Eye of Palpatine's computer system)
--Empatojayos Brand (Ganathan system)
--Ikrit (hibernation on Yavin 4 from centuries pre-BBY to 22 ABY)
--Obi-Wan Kenobi (Tatooine)
--Ood Bnar (hibernation on Ossus from 4000 BBY to Dark Empire II)
--Quinlan Vos (maybe?)
--Qu Rahn
--"The Dark Woman" (fifth planet of Cophrigin system)
--Valin "Hal Horn" Halcyon (Corellia)
--Vergere (with Yuuzhan Vong from 29 BBY to NJO)
--Vima-Da-Boda (Nar Shaddaa, Kessel, others)
--Ylenic It'kla (Alderaan)
--Yoda (Dagobah)

Then some survived but were subverted by the Empire:

--Jerec (Dark Jedi)
--Kam Solusar (Dark Jedi, later returned to the light Jedi under Luke Skywalker)
--Roganda Ismaren (Emperor's Hand)

Also, not all the Jedi were wiped out immediately during ROTS. It probably took years to track them all down. Fertile plot fodder for EU and the TV series.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 06:04 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 3, 2005, 01:46 PM »
I love entertaining the thought that several jedi went into hiding. It's what what the Star Wars saga is about, reading between the episodes and imagining what happened between them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: June 4, 2005, 01:19 AM »
No doubt Anton...

Qu Rahn's my favorite...  He discovers Kyle Katarn, befriends his father Morgan...  Dies tragically after the battle of Endor though, and that just sorta sucks.

He's a guy a few adventures should be written about or a prequal type game to Jedi Knight should be made about...  Maybe how Rahn escapes and goes into hiding even.  I'd take that game right quick.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2005, 06:45 AM »
Not sure if this belongs here, but since we're talking about Jedi going into hiding....  We were watching ANH last night and something so simple struck me.  If Obi-Wan was in exile why did he continue to wear his Jedi Robes?  Are they not a dead giveaway?  I have not read much EU but wasn't there a bounty placed on any remaining Jedi?  I always felt that a Jedi's robe was tantamount to a Priest's collar -- it is universally (gallactically? ;) recognized.  "Someone here to see you honey, Jedi, by the looks of him"
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2005, 07:55 AM »
The thing I noticed with Obi's Robes is that Jedi robes in general seem to be a common looking outfit.  For instance, check out Uncle Owen.  His outfit is really not terribly off from a Jedi's...

Luke's shirt's very "Jedi-ish" too... 

Throughout Mos Eisley, there's a lot of random people that wear robes that look a lot like a Jedi's, at least to me they do.  Maybe those robes are just what people with a little less cash tend to wear?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2005, 08:44 AM »
True -- the robes do seem to be pretty common attire.  I didn't see the forest for the treest :)  But what, then, sets a Jedi apart in appearance (other than the lightsaber?)  What makes them so easily recognizable?  Their lightsabers aren't always apparent, are they?  It seems more common in the PT for Jedi to wear the robes while everyone else wears more fashionable attire.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2005, 12:54 AM »
I dunno.  In Episode I, Qui-Gon goes relatively undetected for the most part until Ani spots the saber...  The Poncho was not much of a disguise, so perhaps that's just the "style" some people choose while others have Solo-ish outfits, and others like the "flightsuit" look?  It seems fashion's about as diverse as the # of different species in the galaxy.

This could be some pro's in the argument that Jedi survive and are able to go into hiding.  The Empire maybe institutes stricter means of identification...  Somewhat (to draw the Nazi parallel) like the Nazi Party's strict ID checks and such, and the need for any person to offer up ID at any point it is requested.  It adds an interesting variable to the Empire's growth.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2005, 07:09 AM »
Thanks for the insight!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Hey! we can't mention that word on here. My grandfather was one and he did'nt
have a choice and was killed because of it-so I'm not proud of it and don't wanna see it mentioned-(see the dafoo incident)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2005, 05:04 PM »
Just an FYI Slothus,

"Nazi" is a word we take on a case-by-case issue.

If someone is using it to describe the Nazi party/regime in Germany (as Jesse has in his post) as a historical reference AND it's in good taste, that is OK.

If someone uses it as a deragotory term (ie, something like "Figure Nazi") or uses it to defame someone (ie, "don't be such a Nazi"), it WILL be edited or removed if it is brought to the staff's attention.

And that's all we have to say on that issue.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender