Author Topic: What's in that "secret" display?  (Read 9012 times)

Offline Firebat

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
What's in that "secret" display?
« on: April 22, 2005, 11:24 AM »
Over at 'scum they hint at some secret display Hasbro has set up at C3. Has anybody heard what's in it? Is it that die-cast stuff?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: What's in that "secret" display?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 11:44 AM »
I dunno... I'm waiting to find out.  How great it would be if it were the AT-TE or a Turbo Tank... but then again, they just don't seem to want to be that nice over at Hasbro.

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 11:46 AM »
I'm really curious to see what this will be as well, and I hope that we don't get our hopes up too high.  Hopefully it will be some all new stuff, figures past the first 56, maybe a surprise vehicle, or maybe even a preview of where the line is headed in 2006 and beyond.  I'd hate to think it is something like that, and then we'll just get a look at those 5 packs or something like that that we have already seen at the Australian Toy Fair.  I wonder how long they will wait to "unveil" things?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 12:41 PM »
I bet you a nickel it's 12 new Target exclusive Clone Troopers that will be released one per month, every month, for the next year.  They will be limited to three per store, and will cost 24.99.  These sculpts will also be based on the POTJ Sneak Preview Clone Trooper, since Hasbro is obviously losing money on those super articulated bodies at this point.

Can you tell how irritated I'm getting with all this exclusive crap, especially now that we've reached the realm of non-holo/silver commemorative figures?   ::)

Seriously, I'm sure it's probably something either really amazing or really underwhelming.  The kid in me wants to see an AT-TE or (at the very least) a Sith Infiltrator.  The cynical cranky adult in me expects to see a Millennium Falcon repaint or a box set of Epic Force figures.  Or, since RS is the only site that seems to be mentioning it at all, it's probably a Hasbro shrine to Lord Philip.   :P

Comedy Edit:  It's Gwyneth Paltrow's head.  :D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 12:43 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 12:53 PM »
Isnt GH reporting that they are different colored clones? If it is then was it a real surprise?  I think we all knew it would haoppen.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 12:54 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline SGT. Flint

• Youngling
  • Th'is I... The Price Of Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 12:54 PM »
I could be VOTC type figures but in the old POTF packaging or a Death Star playset

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 12:55 PM »
I could be VOTC type figures but in the old POTF packaging or a Death Star playset

It that were a DS Playset it would be freakin huge.  Unless Hasbro decided to release it in multiple pieces.  But it aint gonna happen.  Its no moneymaker.

Offline SGT. Flint

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 12:56 PM »
Isnt GH reporting that they are different colored clones? If it is then was it a real surprise?  I think we all knew it would haoppen.

I believe GH is just talking about variations to the 3 packs and basic figures only, thus excluding special figures like the Target clonetrooper

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 01:11 PM »
So, basically what Jeff said is it was the new Evolutions packs and the 5 packs and 500th Vader.  Nothing super cool I guess, he was glowing about the Evolutions figures though

Hopefully there will be pics of these soon

Offline SGT. Flint

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 01:15 PM »
Here is a super fuzzy photo of the evolution packs http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/hasbroQA/image12.asp and there are more fuzzies are well

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 03:10 PM »
I hope we can get some clear photos soon.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Firebat

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 03:23 PM »
Curse the blurriness of that pic!!!! We need to see those figs!!!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
C3 Hasbro Q & A
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 03:24 PM »
I was reading a summery of this over at another site, and it was just so negative.  Essentially Hasbro won't tell us what's in the future, but they will tell us that the chance of getting an Obi-Wan figure with baby Luke is "slim to none."  Depressing.

No Biggs.

No Tonnika sisters.

No big vehicles.

No small vehicles...

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Jeff said he has the pics and is trying to locate C Berry to upload them, otherwise it might not be until later tonight

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: C3 Hasbro Q & A
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Yeah, I read that as well, and it sort of is depressing...or at least "ho hum".  Again, no major news really, but I guess we shouldn't really expect that.  It seems like normally these Hasbro Q and A go something like "maybe", "could be", "we can't say", and "if the retail support is there".  I guess it is nice to have surprises here and there, but sometimes things are a little too secretive.  Maybe they are just saving something for the cons later this summer too.

I agree though the "slim to none" comment on the Obi w/baby Luke is disappointing, as well as a pretty negative tone to anything concerning playsets or vehicles.  Again, not unexpected, but still a little disappointing.