Author Topic: April/2005 - Your Plan of Action  (Read 6405 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: I have a in-genius plan for MM
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2005, 08:55 PM »
I got that ad in last sunday's paper here in MN... you might want to stop into the local WM and see if they still have them laying around.

Very nice! I'll have to see if ours has been recycled yet or not; hopefully it's still around somewhere. If not, I'll take a trip to pick one up.

<March 31 Edit: Yep, I found it. :)>
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 12:16 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline SGT. Flint

• Youngling
  • Th'is I... The Price Of Punk
    • View Profile
Whats you attack plan for Saturday
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2005, 12:31 PM »
Ill hit my TRU @ Midnight (Flint Mi) Target @ 8:00am (Brighton Mi) Walmart @ 8:20am (Howell Mi)

So what is yours

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: April/2005 - Your Plan of Action
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2005, 02:02 PM »
TRU Midnight Madness. I'm only budgeting $30 for the event. One or two deluxe or small vehicles, and a couple of basic figures.

I'm a college student; I need to save some for the books to buy at the Matt Stover signing, for stuff to buy at Celebration III, and so on. But rest assured I'll be diligently plugging away all year in $10 - 20 increments. :)

In a way it's too bad I can't start off with a spectacular blaze of sound and fury like I'd hoped -- but on the other hand it prolongs the fun to acquire them in bits and pieces through the spring and summer ... and fall ... and winter ... and following spring ... and summer ... and then on 75% off clearance ... and so on.

So keep in mind that this list is my long-term plan.

Basic, Deluxe, and Small and Medium Vehicles.
About 75% of these items. Picking the best version of "multiple release" characters like Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, Grievous. One opener per, and multiples of army builders.

Exclusives
Holo Yoda: yes.
Lava Vader: screw that!
Wal-Mart Early Bird BS: see above.

Battle Arenas.
Probably pass. Clearance maybe.

AttackTix
A few. Waiting til I see them in person.

Force Battlers.
Probably Anakin and Obi, depending how they look in person. Later on, Chewbacca and Clone.

12".
I don't collect those, so pass except for the Clone Trooper.

ARC-170
Yeppers.

repaint Gunship
I don't have either previous version, so yep.

Playset
Pass unless I see an extremely good deal on clearance.

Unleashed
Anakin, Obi, Asajj Ventress (later wave), Clone (later wave). Pass on Grievous unless it looks really spectacular in person. I'm not a fan of the GG concept and up to now I haven't collected Unleashed.

Galactic Heroes
I've only gotten one GH set so far (Tusken and Jawa), and here I'll just get 1 or 2, like Chewie & Clone and maybe Yoda & Palps. Not a priority though.

Jedi Force
Haven't been paying attention to this line, so I'll take a look in person, but pass unless there's something really spiffy like a clone (noticing a theme here? ;)).

Darth Tater
Pass unless $1.50 clearance.

Role-play
Pass unless clearance. Maybe the Chewie watergun or bowcaster, or Yoda's saber.

Die Cast & Micro Things
Sounds promising; waiting till I see them in person so I can figure out exactly what they are.

Fast Food Happy Meal Gimmicks
Wait and see.

Books & Comics
One of pretty much everything (Visual Dictionary, Incredible X-Sections, Essential Guides, adaptations, whatever else), however I'm not touching any of these until after I see the flick. The one exception is the novelization, which I'll get at the Matt Stover signing event.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2005, 10:30 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: April/2005 - Your Plan of Action
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2005, 10:52 PM »
I'm pretty excited about release day. I'm going to Walmart at midnight, and again in the morning for the tent thingy.