Author Topic: RotS Product Leaks: Already?  (Read 30632 times)

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Figure Leak: Already?
« Reply #15 on: February 1, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Yeah my local Wally put the AOTC figs out over a week early.  I had every fig in the initial wave early.  Saw a few at Sears early too.
In the end this sucked because TRU and Zellers waited for the street date and then were stuck with tons of figs all the collectors already had...
Gotta love Canadian retail! :'(

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 1, 2005, 07:26 AM »
Saw a few at Sears early too.

They caryy SW figs at Sears??!?!!?!

:o ;D :P

SilverZ

« Reply #17 on: February 1, 2005, 08:28 PM »

:o ;D :P

Sears partnered with KBToys for an experimental toy section in many stores. Not sure if it still exists in any of the stores.

:) :D ;) ;D :( 8) ::) :-\ :'( :-[ :o >:( ;D ;) :) >:( :o ??? ::) :P :-[ ;D

Offline Killer185

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 2, 2005, 12:04 AM »
Well I remember Ep.1 toys leaking in my area early, got a Obi-Wan, Darth Maul, and Jar Jar early thats about it.  Have yet to see any Ep.3 wave leaked in my areas... But one can hope! ;D
"Lose it? I didn't lose it. It's not like, "Whoops! Where'd my job go?" I QUIT. Someone pass me the asparagus. " - Lester Burnham, American Beauty

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 2, 2005, 09:44 AM »

Yes, but pay close attention to this line:

Gotta love Canadian retail! :'(

Canadian Sears is not the same as USA Sears...  ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 2, 2005, 12:59 PM »
Sears and TRU is Canada had figures out early, I picked up a Super Battle Droid, and a C-3P0 with removable armour at sears and at TRU I picked up a few Jango's, r2 and a couple typho's (great figure still in my opinion) a week or better in advance. We won't be getting the preview ship in Canada it appears, time will tell though.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #21 on: February 3, 2005, 01:36 AM »
I did find some AOTC figures a week early at Kohl's. The bad part was they were $9 a crack there. I bought a Super Battle Droid and an Arena Padme then, just to say I bought something early.

Of course, I chose the lamest figures in the line.  ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: February 3, 2005, 01:44 AM »
$9 for arena Padme?

I feel like I should wear a black armband for your loss dude.  I really do. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #23 on: February 3, 2005, 03:29 AM »
I was enthralled by the massive breastage. I like to have little plastic Natalie Portmans on my desk, and nothing was going to stop me. Not even common sense. ;D

At least I didn't throw down $9 for baby Boba.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: February 3, 2005, 03:37 AM »
I was enthralled by the massive breastage. I like to have little plastic Natalie Portmans on my desk, and nothing was going to stop me. Not even common sense. ;D

Should've put it towards the Unleashed Padme instead then, Ben.  At least that one comes with the cameltoe feature as well...   :-X

As for this isolated figure leak, hopefully you JD'ers are smart enough to not be wasting your time scoping out all of your local stores for this stuff quite yet, just because of our news report.  Apparently that's what the ever-intelligent collectors over at Rebelscum have been doing, and they're getting quite pissed off that they haven't found them as well, to the point that they're saying we're lying and made the whole thing up, and have completely wasted their time by making them go out and search for them now.  Amusing, those kids are over there.  And they wonder why those forums have been going down the toilet for the past couple years...   :P

Just like when we put out that very first "phony" Episode 3 packaging shot last year.  Yeah, that one sure didn't pan out either, did it?!   8)

But I'm in no real hurry to get the Episode 3 stuff personally.  A couple months off will do the wallet some good.  Especially with C3 right around the corner...
« Last Edit: February 3, 2005, 03:45 AM by JediMAC »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 3, 2005, 07:59 AM »
I've been reading that thread of at RS and Im not really surprised that most of them are pissed off. The whole "If there is no picture then I don't believe it" theory I can understand but to reinerate it constantly is asinine.

The ONE poster that seems to be the most upset obviously was one who went running out the next day to every single Target trying to find ROTS figures.

I think its just alot of people think that RS is "be all, end all" website and if it doesnt come from there its rendered garbage. Pathetic.
I remember my dream now.

SilverZ

« Reply #26 on: February 3, 2005, 06:45 PM »
Big news flash there... RS sucks. Why even get defensive about what they say or what their r-tard forum regulars think?

Reading comprehension and common sense are rare these days, it seems. The news article was fine and I came away from it with a fairly clear notion it was a one-off error and not a good indicator these were hitting en-masse.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2005, 07:00 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: February 3, 2005, 08:05 PM »
My favorite is that apparantly INDY plans his stops based on the front page news of sites like us, Scum, or GH...    They're all reliable sites (not to toot our own horn) and it's funny that ours just doesn't set well with INDY or Pete_Fett or some others...  :)

INDY then can't find E3 figures leaked early on his way to school or work, so he then cries foul.  I guess every time I visit the Pittsburgh local forum, and my buddy Dave or Bob says "Hey, figures here...." and I go that evening to look and they have nothing, that apparantly I should assume Dave and Bob lied to me or something?

It makes no sense...

You truly were (and are) banging your head off a brick wall on that one Matt.  They're gonna come back again and again with the reply that you "simply don't understand" what they're saying, even though you've answered them clearly every time.

Fight the good fight though...  I find it even better than Mike Sullenger at GH pretty much confirmed us, and then Dan Curto from Scum came in and verified it too...  But the die-hards there won't back off their argument.  To them they need to see the body I guess.

I wonder if they act this immature when "The Swami" posts a list of figures?  I know I just get giddy at the thought of what is pretty well coming out soon, while I guess Pete_Fett and INDY just sit and brude till they wait on Hasbro to get off their ass and announce it...  Or is that news they are ok with? 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: February 3, 2005, 08:39 PM »
Mostly just having fun in there now...  (snip)

Editing out all of this crap I said, since Pete and I squashed our little tiff.  He ain't so bad after all...   :P
« Last Edit: February 6, 2005, 05:27 AM by JediMAC »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 4, 2005, 10:38 AM »
I've also been enjoying this quarrel.......Pink sweater pic certainly grabbed my attention.  Glad to see that the thread has been locked though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN