Author Topic: RotS Product Leaks: Already?  (Read 30628 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Figure Leak: Already?
« Reply #30 on: February 4, 2005, 03:25 PM »
Wow, that's really got to be one of the most bizarre threads I've read.  Some of those guys really get worked up when they're trying to defend an opinion that has no logic, eh?  Like Jesse James said: it's like "beating your head off a brick wall" trying to figure it all out.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: February 4, 2005, 11:42 PM »
Matt explained himself well over yonder...  Nobody got it.

Jeff I think made an even more clear/simplified explanation, and again nobody got it...  Then GNT locked 'er down when his life started shift started.  It got really outrageous toward the end, but let's face it, that thread needed the humor in it.

Especially considering what Matt poked fun at the most was the pink pillow analogy that I'd say 99% of the people there understood except for 2 or 3 perhaps who (because it was about pink pillows) decided to make it sound like Matt was talking gibberish.

That was amusing, but it truly was you slamming your head off a brick wall Matt.  :)  You got nowhere with any of them because I don't think they wanted your point to be heard...  It is what it is.

Like I said, when Scum or GH.com would come out and say, "such and such is coming out next year our sources say!", I don't stick my head in the sand and pretend it ain't happening...  I realize they're people I know from years in this racket, and people I can trust.  GH and Scum both said as much about us, and it shows that the people in this the longest are the people who actually know what they're talking about...  what they're doing.

You ran into the new regulars there who really just don't have a clue.  And then you repeatedly ran into them again, and again, and again...  :P 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 5, 2005, 01:00 AM »
I, uh, don't go over there much anymore, but after reading this thread, I had to.  Aside from Chewie's avatar, the only thing that made me blurt out laughter was a point in that discussion where Pete was still talking about pillows.  He honestly believes there's a board called pillows.com :o  For ***** and giggles I typed it in and it redirects you to a place selling, of all things, pillows.  But I didn't see a discussion board.   ;)  Worse, it was after Matt indicated it was an analogy

Nice to see you arguing with a couple of guys that registered in later '04 ::)

Since I didn't get to post in the thread, a couple of salient points:
I don't have a camera phone.
I do have a digital camera.
I don't take pictures of toys in a store, with or without a receipt. 
I like pillows.  In fact, I'll be putting my head on one shortly.  It is not pink. 
My dog is not purple. 
GNT is a tool and closed the thread because it was expected of him.  Independent thought is difficult.  Sheople - they are expected to lead, but often follow. 

sigh.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #33 on: February 5, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Yes, but independent thought is something that must be stopped if Philip Wise is going to take over the world.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: February 6, 2005, 12:22 AM »
Well, my good buddy Pete_Fett just read this thread, and is apparently none too happy about it...   :P

But instead of registering and coming in to give us his point of view in a mature fashion, he instead decided to register as "Jedimacisanass", and was promptly banned for his continued idiocy.

Pete, if you'd like to come in and discuss things, feel free to re-register with a more normal name, and we'd be happy to entertain your thoughts.   :-*

Your pal,
- Matt

SilverZ

« Reply #35 on: February 6, 2005, 12:44 AM »
Well, my good buddy Pete_Fett just read this thread, and is apparently none too happy about it...   :P

And the thread gets better and better the more it becomes about RS instead of ROTS figures.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: February 6, 2005, 01:01 AM »
Yeah, you're right Jared.  We should try and get back to the topic at hand!  Pink pillows.  Early ROTS figure sitings...  Just wanted to let Pete know he's welcome here if he wants to pick a better name, is all.

Anyway, so besides this freak siting in Minnesota, how early do you think some of the other stores are going to start leaking their Ep. 3 product out?  I'm guessing about 3 weeks, or so...

I was trying to search the old Saga forum over at 'Scum to see when the earliest reports were the last time around, but when Philip did the forum upgrade there a while ago, they lost the ability to search the first year and a half of the Saga forum, so I have no idea now.  Anyone remember how early stuff got out?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: February 6, 2005, 02:26 AM »
For some reason I remember E1 more clearly than E2.  E1 I know stuff was out super early but in limited #'s...  It started to dribble out then I'd say March of that year or so to the point LOTS of people had scored an E1 item beyond the STAP. :)

E2...  I don't really recall much other than leak upon leak, but I think I just didn't care since we all knew E2 had the same likely patterns of E1...  I didn't see any E2 product early myself though, but wasn't looking real hard either.  I was disenchanted with 99% of the E2 line-up as it was.  It was a collecting break to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 6, 2005, 02:30 AM »

But instead of registering and coming in to give us his point of view in a mature fashion, he instead decided to register as "Jedimacisanass", and was promptly banned for his continued idiocy.

Pete, if you'd like to come in and discuss things, feel free to re-register with a more normal name, and we'd be happy to entertain your thoughts.   :-*

Your pal,
- Matt

You're right - I did - but I decided against it. I also wrote you back in response to the PM's you sent.  :)

I know no one is going to give me a fair shake over here and that's fine.

My opinions initially had nothing to do with JD vs RS or the level of posters on either site's forums. Merely that I didn't believe the report. In the end it got way out of hand. I did get mad at the insinuations that I was an unethical collector, which is not what I'm about at all.

Yeah, you're right Jared. We should try and get back to the topic at hand! Pink pillows. Early ROTS figure sitings... Just wanted to let Pete know he's welcome here if he wants to pick a better name, is all.

Anyway, so besides this freak siting in Minnesota, how early do you think some of the other stores are going to start leaking their Ep. 3 product out? I'm guessing about 3 weeks, or so...

I was trying to search the old Saga forum over at 'Scum to see when the earliest reports were the last time around, but when Philip did the forum upgrade there a while ago, they lost the ability to search the first year and a half of the Saga forum, so I have no idea now. Anyone remember how early stuff got out?

While people's mileage varied, here in NJ, the biggest offender of breaking the street date was KMart and I had all of the Wave 1 deluxe figures (force flipping Obi-Wan and Dooku and the Deluxe Jango), Slave I, Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter and also had been able to pick up four of the first wave of figures (Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan and C-3PO) - all of this stuff I found about a month before the street date/midnight madness.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: February 6, 2005, 05:14 AM »
I know no one is going to give me a fair shake over here and that's fine.

We may surprise you, Peter.   ;)

I'd like to let everyone here know that I think Peter and I have squashed our little tiff now.  He sent me a nice PM over at 'Scum, and I replied in kind.  I mentioned to him that he has every right to not believe our report here on the E3 figure leak, but it was just his reasoning that struck me as odd.  I think we've worked through that, and I'd like to say that despite all the fireworks we all watched over at RS between Pete and I, that he seems like he's actually a pretty good guy.  I think we both went overboard over there, and we both realize that, and don't want to continue on with the squabble any longer.

I also don't think Pete's an unethical collector.  I think he made a couple comments that didn't come out exactly as he intended, and I took them and ran with them (like the nabbing rare stuff off the shelf).  In fact, he sounds rather like me when it comes to grabbing things off the pegs in case a friend of his may need it since it's new, and if not, he just returns it later (like I do).  Fair enough.

So like I already mentioned in my PM Pete, no hard feelings.  Hopefully you'll even stop by JD from time to time to check out the community that I was bragging about here.  I'm willing to give it a shot, as are the rest of my JD compadres here, I'm sure.  They're good people, and if they can put up with me, I'm sure they can put up with you too...   ;)

- Matt

(so how many of you are going "WTF?  After all that?!")   :P
« Last Edit: February 6, 2005, 05:17 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 6, 2005, 08:58 AM »
I also don't think Pete's an unethical collector.  I think he made a couple comments that didn't come out exactly as he intended, and I took them and ran with them (like the nabbing rare stuff off the shelf).  In fact, he sounds rather like me when it comes to grabbing things off the pegs in case a friend of his may need it since it's new, and if not, he just returns it later (like I do).  Fair enough.

Thanks, I'm glad you understand a little bit more what type of collector I am.

So like I already mentioned in my PM Pete, no hard feelings.  Hopefully you'll even stop by JD from time to time to check out the community that I was bragging about here.  I'm willing to give it a shot, as are the rest of my JD compadres here, I'm sure.  They're good people, and if they can put up with me, I'm sure they can put up with you too...   ;)

No hard feelings either, Matt. And I will definitely be checking out this forum and the site more.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 6, 2005, 09:22 AM »
Alright, well, now that that's settled, may we please get back on topic? You know, the RotS figures? Or have you all forgotten about them by now? ::)

:P

;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 6, 2005, 11:00 PM »
Matt, you're such a ***** :-*

Anyhoo, welcome Pete, the more the merrier. 

AS far as Ep II went, I scored most everything only about a week early.  Some of the odd stuff I didn't get until that day, like the crappy Zam/Anakin speeders, that I eventually returned.  But this is Canada, so we tend to lag behind anyway.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 7, 2005, 08:56 AM »
 I have never seen figures early in my area.  I could never be the lucky soul that would come across them.  Even if I did I'd probably either be without funds to get them because I was not prepared or be with my wife who has recently put the clamps down on Star Wars spending.  Well, at least 10 figure purchases at a time type of spree. 

It may be time to sell part of the old collection to fund the ROTS spending spree.  We'll see.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 7, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Hmmm.... Ya know, that's not such a bad idea, Darth Broem. Thats not such a bad idea....

8)