Author Topic: RotS Product Leaks: Already?  (Read 30825 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Basic Figure Leak: Already?
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2005, 06:09 PM »
Wow.  That's alot of taxes!

Anyway, yeah...Star Wars is awesome.

Personally, I don't want the figures to leak early.  Can you imagine what a drag it would be if Hasbro didn't set a street date, and the figures just started popping up a little heere and a litle there?  Many of us would go nuts trying to find them as soon as possiblem and getting each one that you wanted would be a royal pain.

Just a side note, in 1983, as Jedi was approaching it's release date, my dad drove me to TRU to look for the new figures.  I found a whole, big case (32?  64?) that had just been opened.  When I asked my dad how many we could buy, he said, with a smile, "Get one of each.  I don't want to be driving around for the next few weeks trying to track them all down."

« Last Edit: March 2, 2005, 11:44 AM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline cCc2021

• Youngling
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2005, 11:32 PM »
Its kind of neat to find figures early. I did for Episode 1. My local K-mart put out everything a couple days early, but I decided to wait and go to MM and enjoy it more there.

Personally, I dont see why so many people freak out and acuse other people of lying when figures come out early. Its obvious that they leak out early somewhere and at some point. Whats the point anyways? You can just wait a couple weeks or months when they do come out officially. If you want to believe it, then go ahead. But if not, theres no need to acuse people of lying and mess yourself over some toys that leaked out early. Just my opinion on the matter.

cCc

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2005, 11:45 PM »
You've got a great dad, speedermike.   :)

I want to find them early and I don't.  I enjoy the MM thing a little, but this time I'm so eager to see the toys, April seems very far away.  But it's the last SW movie, so I'd better enjoy it while it lasts.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2005, 10:50 AM »
Someone over at www.coreplanets.com in the St. Louis section reported finding a case of Collection 2 figures at a Walmart and got several figures.  D'oh I want the Dooku.

:P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 1, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Well, they didn't come from a store or ebay but I managed to get 6 figures today...

Darth Vader
Luminara Unduli
Grevious (with 4 arms out)
Ki Adi Mundi
Aayla Secura
Emperor Palpatine

And my buddy got:

Saesee Tiin
Obi Wan (the second one)
Yoda (the first one)
Mace Windu
Dooku
Anakin (the second one)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 1, 2005, 04:46 PM »
How about some pics Zod!   :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 1, 2005, 06:37 PM »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 1, 2005, 07:53 PM »
Thanks Zod - wow I bet you are pumped.  I'm assuming you are going to open them?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 1, 2005, 08:17 PM »
Well I get one of each (to open one) plus extras of army builders... so my general rule of thumb is that unless the packaging is absolutely crushed, I keep the first one carded until I find a second one. 

So these will stay carded.  Two of them are beat up...vader and unduli I think... and the Emperor has scratches all over the bubble.

It'll help my 04/02 budget by $40.00 though.  :)

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 2, 2005, 09:52 AM »
Well, they didn't come from a store or ebay but I managed to get 6 figures today...

Darth Vader
Luminara Unduli
Grevious (with 4 arms out)
Ki Adi Mundi
Aayla Secura
Emperor Palpatine

Where'd you get them Zod?  ???

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 2, 2005, 10:22 AM »
PM sent.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2005, 10:22 AM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 2, 2005, 07:16 PM »
KBZ, since I have yet to see a decent photo of one loose (and since Hasbro neglected to put up a preview photo of it), can you say how the Grievous looks with all four arms out?  I know you're not going to open it right now, but I was just curious if his "action feature" looked silly or if it was sculpted/integrated into the figure's design well.  Also, is the paint job better on this one than on the Preview figure (e.g. the unpainted left bicep plates)?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 3, 2005, 12:44 AM »
It looks pretty well integrated.  As do most of the action features this time around.   I think hasbro at least learned a partial lesson.

With the figure inside the package, there are no indications of any action features other than the text on the bubble.  Whatever it is, it's probably not very obtrusive or bulky.

Regardless, I'm reasonably sure the Deluxe Grevious will blow this one out of the water.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 3, 2005, 07:39 AM »
Where'd you get 'em, Zod? ???

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 3, 2005, 11:19 AM »
This is just a general appeal to the board.  Some of you might know that I'm an autograph collector.  Part of what I do as an auto collector is to get figures signed by the actors. 

With that said, there's an autograph appearance being made by Amy Allen and Mary Oyaya.  I'd like to get MOMC samples of their ROTS figures if at all possible.  The catch?  I need them for April 1st.  That's the appearance date.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback