Author Topic: RotS Product Leaks: Already?  (Read 30844 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Figure Leak: Already?
« Reply #105 on: March 3, 2005, 12:14 PM »
PM sent.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #106 on: March 3, 2005, 01:32 PM »
If I found leaks in a store, I'd sure as hell buy them. But I'm not going to pay through the nose on the secondary market for figures that will be everywhere in a month's time. I'm eager for them to get here, but not that impatient.

And just for kicks ... PM me, Zod, for I am curious. :)
« Last Edit: March 3, 2005, 01:42 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #107 on: March 4, 2005, 12:06 AM »
I found Obi-Wan's Starfighter at Target today. Of course, I bought it. They also had the ROTS Galactic Heroes, of which I bought the Obi-Wan/Grievous pack.

Still no basic figures to be found locally.

I also noticed Anakin's Starfighter didn't have the 'Sneak Preview' sticker on it. It was a different sticker (or it was printed- I can't remember) than that, but I also can't remember what it said.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #108 on: March 4, 2005, 12:32 PM »
So far I've only found the ROTS lightsabers.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: March 4, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Ditto out here in SoCal...

I found the Obi-Wan Starfighter and Droid Tri-Fighter vehicles at my local Target today ($19.99 each), along with all 3 ROTS Galactic Heroes sets ($4.79).

No figures anywhere to be seen, though.

I also noticed Anakin's Starfighter didn't have the 'Sneak Preview' sticker on it. It was a different sticker (or it was printed- I can't remember) than that, but I also can't remember what it said.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing on the Ani Fighter I saw today Ben.  I'm guessing the "Sneak Preview" thing was just a sticker on the earlier ones (can't recall what mine looks like now), and now the sticker's been pulled.  Still had the 4 Sneak Preview figure shown on the back though...
« Last Edit: March 4, 2005, 03:53 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #110 on: March 4, 2005, 03:49 PM »
Same thing in MN minus the vehicles where I was, however knashdx found them at Target.  It is coming!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: March 4, 2005, 05:34 PM »
And so far apparantly only the Pittsburgh store employees can keep a lid on anything.  :)  We take pride in retail here folks!

I've not heard hide nor hair of an E3 toy leak yet.  Pretty surprising really considering the E2 line-up was leaked out pretty good around here as was E1.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #112 on: March 4, 2005, 08:36 PM »
Found the ROTS Galactic Heroes at Target today.  Finished off my Sneak Preview set with Tion and an extra wookie on clearance.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #113 on: March 5, 2005, 09:39 PM »
The local Target restocked the vehicles, so I found Grievous' Wheelbike and the Droid Tri-Fighter, neither of which I picked up.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 7, 2005, 08:45 AM »
Checked both of our local Targets this weekend, hoping to find the ships and/or heroes, but they haven't shown up here yet....or I missed them totally.  I believe only one of our Targets actually carries the GH line, but the pegs were empty (aside from a couple of the Falcon sets).  No vehicles at all (preview fighters or otherwise) at either one, and what they had for figures (all preview wave) were on clearance for $4.88.  Not much new, but the pegs were at least empty, so hopefully a restocking is in order pretty soon.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: March 7, 2005, 09:16 AM »
Didn't mention it in heer yet, but I too was one of the lucky ones. 

A shopping trip to Target this weekend yeilded me the 3 new RotS Vehicles (Obi-Wan's ship, Wheel Bike, Droid TRI-Fighter) as well as the 3 new RotS based GH 2-packs!

;D

Very cool to find some stuff before the "big day" in April...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 7, 2005, 09:44 AM »
Congrats on the finds Jeff...and everyone else.  For those of you who have found the ships, what are your opinions of them?  I'm debating on which ones to get, perhaps only getting 1 or 2 of the three so far.  I wasn't sure about Obi-Wan's fighter, since it is basically a repaint...but I do like the looks of it and enjoy Obi-Wan as a character.  I figured I'd pick up Grievous' wheelbike since it is different, but wasn't sure about the Droid Tri-Fighter ship.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 7, 2005, 10:30 AM »
I grabbed the Wheelbike and Obi-Wan's fighter to open this morning - I also grabbed three each of them to keep MIB. I started a thread dedicated to the Assault Vehicle Assortment - tonight after I've opened them up, I'll snap some pics and add them to that thread along with my opinions on them.

Even though I don't currently plan on opening the Droid Tri-fighter, I may get too excited an open it anyway. I doubt it will be hard to find these things come April 2nd - if not after another shelf restock!

Now all I need are the first wave of deluxe figures and I'll have duplicated exactly what I found early before AOTC!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Assault Vehicle Assortment
« Reply #118 on: March 7, 2005, 10:58 AM »
Congrats on the find... this keeps happening at Target it seems!  I don't know why they keep putting out this group of vehicles though?  Are the cases not marked clearly for them?

Anyways, for whatever reason I think there is only one Tri Fighter per case, which is dumb.

:P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: RotS Product Leaks: Already?
« Reply #119 on: March 7, 2005, 11:51 AM »
While I do not consider myself an "expert" on how Targets are run by ANY stretch of the imagination, I have been able to determine the following:

Target and its employees are slaves to the DPCI numbers - if there is a shelf tag/peg tag that has a number/bar code and that space is empty AND the computer says they have more of that item in, they will restock the peg/shelf.

Grevious' Wheelbike, the Droid Tri-Fighter and Obi-Wan's Starfighter ALL have the same DPCI number as the Preview Anakin Starfighter. I have no idea why, perhaps its because the UPC barcodes on the packaging are all the same or all in the same sequence? Nevertheless, Target assigned it the EPIII Assault Vehicle asst the same DPCI as the Preview Starfighter.

Same holds true with the Galactic Heroes assortment. It's one DPCI number that covers ALL of the waves. This morning in the same Target where I found the vehicles, they have eight pegs for Galactic Heroes - all of them were full of the ROTS and Bounty Hunter waves. Last week, they had been empty.

This is why Target is leaking these items at stores all over the country -- because their inventory systems are telling them to restock the shelves.

I'm pretty sure the Collection 1 figures have the same DPCI number as the preview wave, so as soon as the Preview Wave sale/discounts end, don't be surprised to see those figures start to leak out early too.

Also - I do think it's stupid that the Droid Tri-fighter is only one per case (if that is true). Gotta have a "bad guy" to dog-fight with. It would be like putting out assortments of OT vehicles and the ratio was 2 X-Wings for every 1 TIE - IMHO, that's backwards! However, I think like a fan and not like a toy line manager - the "Hero Vehicle" will always sell better than the bad-guy because most parents are only going to get their kid ONE ship, not TWO.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!