Author Topic: RotS Product Leaks: Already?  (Read 30827 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: RotS Product Leaks: Already?
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2005, 08:45 PM »
Thanks to a tip from my buddy Bob, I found a plethora of ROTS figures tonight at a local K-Mart.

The problem?  At about $8 (yes, $8) per figure, I sure wasn't gonna buy a lot of these.  I did buy one.  The lone Agen Kolar they had, who is a neat figure.  Great?  Maybe.  Perfect?  No.  Fun?  Yes. 

And I'd say this is an Obi-Wan waiting to happen.  An old Obi-Wan that is.  He's a perfect base for that.  Could use less stiff cloth though (and it's sewn so it's tough to move his legs) but otherwise he's neat.

Collection 1 definitely outnumbered collection 2.  Someone beat me there and bought what i'm assuming was almost every clone.  The C1 Clone had one rep there.  I passed...

It was hard, but at $8 after tax, I really just can't justify buying everything I wanted, namely the red guards.  Not a single blue guard on the pegs there either.  Very strange.

Oh and Cantina's were $11 now.  I grabbed a spare for Ktik.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2005, 08:48 PM »
Now Jesse is finding stuff?   ;)  Hey Jesse, can you tell me if Agen Kolar's robes will fit on the ROTS Obi or Mace?  If you bought them.  I'm really curious because I'm thinking customs.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2005, 11:40 AM »
These are showing up in my area now.  I was only able to snag two figs since a person ahead of me filled up his cart with over 4 cases >:(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2005, 11:50 AM »
Just picked up the Wheel Bike, Obi-Wan Starfighter, and TRI Fighter at Target.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Picked up Agen Kolar this afternoon at Kmart. They also had the rest of Collection 2 minus Dooku and Palpatine.

Wasnt too impressed with some of them. I prefer the Kit Fisto from EP2 even though he is smiling.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Which ROTS figures have been found so far?
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2005, 07:21 AM »
I can personally confirm #1-32 but what else, in terms of figures, has leaked? Didn't #37-40 leak too? Beisdes the figures I have read that

BARC Speeder
Boga
Tri Droid Fighter
Obi-Wans' Starfighter
Grevious' Wheelbike
Anakin/Vader DLX
Grevious DLX
Obi/ Super Battle Droid DLX

Am I missing anything in terms of Hasbro's ROTS 3 3/4 line?

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Re: Which ROTS figures have been found so far?
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2005, 09:46 AM »
WEll, of the 1st 24 I got, the only one I don't have is the blue guard (and no one else around here seems to have found that one either.

If you have a blue guard can you post a pic???????????  No ones seen it yet.

The deluxe emperor is a no go as well. 

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2005, 10:26 AM »
There are plenty of Blue Guard pics about, as we only saw the Red one until a week or two ago.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 11:50 AM by Vator »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2005, 12:30 PM »
OOOO KKKKKKKKKKK.  ???

Can you point me to one.  All I've seen so far are the cardback and Hasbro pics, still haven't seen anyone WITH one in hand yet.

It's just strange that ALL the stores anround me don't have them on the shelves and everyone as of yesterday found all the figs EXCEPT the blue gurad.

I'm trying to figure this one out, are they out, but just not in my neck of the woods?  ??? ??? ???
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2005, 02:27 PM »
Yeah I have seen pictures of the Blue Guard from Hasbro and EBay but I haven't heard anyone finding any at retail yet, that I can recall.  It seems funny since everyone was expecting the Blue guard since it was first seen on ebay and hasbro but it seems that the red one is going to be the first release with the blue one eventually being subsuttied in the Reds place maybe.

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2005, 02:51 PM »
I can personally confirm #1-32 but what else, in terms of figures, has leaked? Didn't #37-40 leak too? Beisdes the figures I have read that

BARC Speeder
Boga
Tri Droid Fighter
Obi-Wans' Starfighter
Grevious' Wheelbike
Anakin/Vader DLX
Grevious DLX
Obi/ Super Battle Droid DLX

Am I missing anything in terms of Hasbro's ROTS 3 3/4 line?

No, I didn't see theblue guard. Come on guys, what else is out. Is this all that collectors are finding?

Offline Darth DP

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • Give in to your hatred!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2005, 04:43 PM »
I think Kmart is on to us! I followed a hot lead and trekked to the Ontario Kmart this morning to see if there were any ROTS figures left. Most of the collection 2 figures were still there, as well as a Deluxe Obi Wan, BARC Speeder, and Boga.

I grabbed a bunch of figures and dashed up to the register and when the cashier was trying to ring up my stuff, an error message came up on his screen. It said "Before sell date" and it literally wouldn't let him ring them up. The manager ended up coming over telling me "I'm sorry, we can't sell these to you, they're not supposed to be out yet."

"But they were on the shelf with the other Star Wars toys!" I said. I even pointed to the Kmart price sticker on the bubbles of the figures I was trying to get. He wouldn't budge, so I left empty-handed. I went to a few other Kmarts and saw nothing at all. Looks like they'll be playing by the rules until April 2nd. I'm glad I found a deluxe Grievous last night before they caught their error. This is so frustrating!
Evacuate?  In our moment of triumph... I think you overestimate their chances.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2005, 05:24 PM »
I think Kmart is on to us! I followed a hot lead and trekked to the Ontario Kmart this morning to see if there were any ROTS figures left. Most of the collection 2 figures were still there, as well as a Deluxe Obi Wan, BARC Speeder, and Boga.

I grabbed a bunch of figures and dashed up to the register and when the cashier was trying to ring up my stuff, an error message came up on his screen. It said "Before sell date" and it literally wouldn't let him ring them up. The manager ended up coming over telling me "I'm sorry, we can't sell these to you, they're not supposed to be out yet."

"But they were on the shelf with the other Star Wars toys!" I said. I even pointed to the Kmart price sticker on the bubbles of the figures I was trying to get. He wouldn't budge, so I left empty-handed. I went to a few other Kmarts and saw nothing at all. Looks like they'll be playing by the rules until April 2nd. I'm glad I found a deluxe Grievous last night before they caught their error. This is so frustrating!

Jamie (jjks) just called me within the last hour with the same story at a Nashville, TN KMart.  Looks like Lucas got angry.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2005, 05:36 PM »
Heard the same thing from a K-Mart in Northern New Jersey earlier today.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2005, 07:17 PM »
Yep, it sucks!

I found a few figures today at Kmart, and when I tried to check out the register wouldn't ring them up. Pretty frustrating to finally find them only to be turned away at the register!