Author Topic: RotS Product Leaks: Already?  (Read 30627 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
RotS Product Leaks: Already?
« on: January 28, 2005, 10:47 AM »
The front page has a story of the first set of figures being found in Mn. Is this true? If so, are there pictures? More details, please!
« Last Edit: March 7, 2005, 11:47 AM by Nataku »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Basic Figure Leak: Already?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 10:49 AM »
No pictures, sorry

But I trust the guy that gave up the info so I'd say they were put out by mistake

Sounds like product is hitting stores though for the April date, stuff will start leaking for a while now which will drive me crazy waiting for them :P

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 11:03 AM »
Grand. The Royal Guard thing though...there were carded samples on Ebay that had them as blue. I mean, the Senate Guard and the Imperial Guard do have different costumes. Interesting (and stupid) varient I suppose by Hasbro.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 11:11 AM »
I called the Target store in question to see if they would hold the figures for me, but they were all gone.  :(

Sounds like it was just one case of Collection 2 figures that was mistakenly stocked along with the Sneak Preview waves (which they had plenty of).

Dang!  Missed them by that much!  Ah, well if they can leak once, maybe they'll leak again soon...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 11:16 AM »
Holy.......

I sure do wish I can strike gold like that and start my collection a couple months early!!!  Damn that would be nice!

:P

SilverZ

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 12:45 PM »
I'd really like to see a pick of the red Guard version or some more details on if it has a headsculpt variation without the headdress that the blue has.

Pretty impressive that stores are getting these in already. My OCD gets kicked into overdrive when I hear news like this. Must. Own. Now.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 03:23 PM »
Wow!  I was surprised to hear that they got em allready.  I can't get that lucky.  Actually I probably would but not be able to pay for them.  Then I'd go home and  get the funds or my credit card.  Come back to the store and it would all be gone!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 04:46 PM »
I'd get as much as I could if I ran into something like this...

Actually I'd really just like to get a Dooku early...

:P

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 05:00 PM »
Oops, that Target made a mistake.  George's lawyers will come down hard on them now.  ;)
I remember when I worked at Target back in 1999 we had the TPM figures in our stockroom just gathering dust for a few months.  I had to crack them open and take a look, of course.  We couldn't buy them at that point because they weren't entered into the computers.  Actually, some stuff like the 12 inchers and the Maul w/speeder bike weren't ringing up they day they came out.  I worked that day and it was nice because I was able to grab what I wanted without dealing with a mad rush.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 05:04 PM »
I can see something like this happening, but it would be a freak occurrence.  I could see a case getting mislabeled or a case of Collection 1 being mistakenly put on a pallette with cases of Preview figures, but it would definitely be an anomoly.

I actually got about a dozen of the SAGA figures early in 2002.  The store (Boscovs, an east coast department store chain) left them in a box that was wide open on the floor off the toy section.  This was about a week to 10 days before the street date.

Figures have actually been leaking for some time.  Hasbro employees get them early, and they've been trading with other toy industry insiders.  But for figures to show up at retail?  That is definitely strange.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 09:35 PM »
You know, the Royal Guard thing.  I was thinking: on the back of the card he looks kind of bulky, and I wondered if his helmet and cloak don't come off to reveal the red one underneath.  Maybe they ship both ways?  Am I completely off base?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2005, 12:43 AM »
While this is really early, am I the only one that recalls Ep II stuff being out a week or more ahead of time?  I swear, the whole release was completely anti-climactic because I had pretty much everything well in advance.  Or was that just a Canadian occurrence?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2005, 02:58 AM »
I recall E1 stuff hitting about this early in my area...  Some small retailers here blew the lid off things at the time.  They're long gone companies, but they really F'd that one's release all up.

I remember people buying, evne though they were even more overpriced than regular retailers were.

I'd love to walk in and find Collection 2 somewhere...  Those figures are truly making me get back into collecting full steam, and all because they're so great looking overall.  I'm very anxious to see these things in person, especially after GH.com's high-res scan of Aayla Secura's cardback.  How kick ass is that!?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2005, 03:14 AM »
While this is really early, am I the only one that recalls Ep II stuff being out a week or more ahead of time?  I swear, the whole release was completely anti-climactic because I had pretty much everything well in advance.  Or was that just a Canadian occurrence?

For me it was Episode 1 stuff being out a bit early by a day or two. I wound up getting the entire Collection 1 and most of Collection 2 plus the Maul Speederbike before the official street date. I was so amazed to have gotten them early. If I saw that set of ROTS figures, I almost think I would have broken my vow to wait to clearance just to say I got them early.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

SilverZ

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2005, 06:58 PM »

Yeah, I remember Wal-Marts out here leaking most of the initial Saga figures weeks and weeks before the street date (and then being pulled, only to reappear again in a cycle of dumbness that only WM can pull off). There were also online stores like Toymaniacs selling cases way in advance. The thing that made the official date still sparkle was the shear amount of waves that snuck into circulation at the last moment, like Anakin Hanger Duel, and the strange scarcity of Count Dooku.