Author Topic: Hasbro Direct Sales Website  (Read 24190 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Direct Sales Website
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2005, 12:19 PM »
I think Jeff hit it on the head earlier about on-line debuts, every company seems to be woefully underprepared and taken by complete surprise by the amount of traffic they get. I hope they learn from their initial mistakes and turn this into something you guys can rely on.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Yep TRU or Kay Bee prices at Hasbro direct.  They don't have to sell the figures for 3bucks but how about a little more competition (5.99 or even 5.50), just to bring balance to the shipping.
Gatillo

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2005, 04:19 PM »
And the saga has ended...at least temporarily.

I actually received my order from HTS.com earlier today in the mail.  The box was plenty big enough for the item (the Obi-Wan vs. Grievous' Bodyguard Battle Arena) but it's a good thing I'm not a MIB collector, as the packing material was shoved in there so tight that it had "crushed" in the bubble on the box.  This was easily fixed, but people who are a lot less forgiving than I am would probably have a bit of a problem with it.

They used the "inflato-bag" things that Amazon has been using for ages now as their packing material, but I guess that's better than KB's wads o' paper they've been using for ages.  If, indeed, the order shipped on May 6th, it took 6 days to reach me, which given Hasbro's overall history of being able to actually get stuff out in a decent amount of time, is actually almost lightspeed.   :D

But yeah, overall, I was satisfied with the condition of the item (of course, the box was torn up and thrown away once I had the figures out, but I digress), and would probably order from them again once they actually figure out how to run the site and keep their own products in stock, but right now they'd be a "last resort" type of thing somewhere between Amazon/TRU.com and KB.com.

SilverZ

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2005, 09:04 PM »
Very interesting. #41-44 are back in stock at the Hasbro site. Can it possibly be that they can pull off a miracle and replenish stock this quickly?

#41 Clone

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2005, 09:13 AM »
I am not even going to take the chance.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2005, 12:44 PM »
For anyone not wanting to wait it out.  They have some of the newer figs available.  Wookie Warrior, Neimoidian, Destroyer. Whether they are in stock is another question. 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2005, 06:32 PM »
Ok well if today doesn't destroy the Friday the 13th myth.....
I got my package from HasbroToyStore.com today.

3 Neimoidians, 1 Wookie (the dark one) and 6 #41 Clones.  I ordered them on the 2nd of May late in the afternoon.

I got a shipping confirmation on the 11th.  I chose the 3-5 day shipping option.

My only complaint is that they SHOULD have the stuff available at all times.  I assume they underestimated demand.  It reminds me of that commerical for the internet site where they have the launch day and they are waiting for the first order....then they get one order and they CHEER and Celebrate...then they notice the orders just start increasing faster and faster and the look on everybody's face of amazment, shock and fear....I think it was IBM Business solutions, buy you get the point. (if you watch as much TV as I do)

I'll order again when they have stuff I need.  I don't mind the lack of communication.  It wasn't like I was going to find them before they shipped.

I did find 1 Wookie this week at the store and it was the Tan/Blonde one..so I got the one I needed from the Online store...go figure the odds.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2005, 06:36 PM »
They're out of the Clones, but they still have Nemoidians and Wookiees. Hopefully they restock quickly. I do kinda wish they'd put limits on some things, like army builders (specifically the #41 Clone).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 06:49 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2005, 06:49 PM »
1 Wookie (the dark one)

Cool, I hope my 2 Wooks are dark, then I can pop over to Target and get a tan one. As soon as I have money again....

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2005, 05:37 PM »
I got my two 12" dolls today.  Well packaged and the boxes were mint (not that it matters to me but it might to others).  I'll order again if I know it will be something that will probably never show up around here.
Beth

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2005, 08:10 PM »
Got my stuff today as well. Packed well and in great shape. Now time to rip em open :P

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2005, 09:34 PM »
I still have not received any of my stuff from them.  >:(
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2005, 09:25 AM »
I received my order (placed on 5/2) on Saturday, and despite some problems with their website initially, no major complaints here.  I received two #41 Clonetroopers, as well as one #43 Wookiee Warrior...which was the darker variation.  I suppose if someone was looking for pristine carded figures, then you might have a problem.  I'm an opener personally for the most part, but while these weren't in too bad of condition, they were a little bent up around the "hanger" portion of the card...which isn't really uncommon with these cardback styles I don't think.  Otherwise, overall not too bad.  Once they did actually ship the figures, they got here quickly, but the process from placing the order to the actually shipping of the order took a bit of time.  Overall, not too bad though, although Amazon has been a little more reliable for me personally.

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2005, 03:49 PM »
I just received my order of a couple of Wookie Warriors.  Came packed well, and pretty mint. 

Only thing -- I got 2 of the "Light Brown" variety.  Anyone got an extra of the darker variant they'd be up for trading?  Condition doesn't matter, as I'm an opener...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 03:50 PM by Stim »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2005, 04:20 PM »
Eh - I don't like paying higher than retail on these figures... most of the Walmarts/Targets are very low on stock right now in my area - it's just a matter of time before they stock up big time with these later figures.

:P