Author Topic: Hasbro Direct Sales Website  (Read 24191 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Hasbro to Offer Direct Sales?
« Reply #30 on: May 6, 2005, 06:42 PM »
I ordered a few things on 2 May and they're also supposed to ship on 12 May.  I'm suprised it's going to take them 10 days to fill an order....don't they make the stuff?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 6, 2005, 10:25 PM »
I'm suprised it's going to take them 10 days to fill an order....don't they make the stuff?

Well, they have to order it from their distributors and that takes time, given that Hasbro is usually so slow about getting adequate numbers of things out to distributors and... :)

Hasbro makes toy.  Hasbro markets toy.  Hasbro claims to have toy in stock.  Hasbro takes one order after another for toys and says they will not ship until next week.  Hasbro's Toy Shop begins to look a lot like Amazon/TRU.com's SW section, but without all the useless Brian's Toys crap mixed in.

You know things are ridiculous when Hasbro can't even get enough of their own products to sell.  If I wasn't so pissed off about my "test order" sitting there until May 12th, I might laugh at the stupidity of it all.  It's like last spring's shop.starwars.com disaster, but without any of the apologies from the people goofing everything up.

SilverZ

« Reply #32 on: May 6, 2005, 11:21 PM »
I wonder how they determined that a 10 day turnaround on in-stock items was acceptable, and what exactly is going on with these orders during those 10 days. Are the shipping guys psyching themselves up to fill the order? Or is the order fulfillment being handled by the Indianapolis Celebration 3 store crew?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 7, 2005, 10:16 AM »
Well, my card was charged for the two dolls I ordered so let's see how long it takes to have them ship out.
Beth

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hasbro Direct Sales Website
« Reply #34 on: May 9, 2005, 08:43 AM »
Is anyone frustrated with this freaking site?  I placed two orders a while ago for supposed in stock items and my order continues to sit.  Has anyone receive any orders yet?

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: Hasbro Direct Sales Website
« Reply #35 on: May 9, 2005, 08:48 AM »
I haven't order from there yet.  The day it open I found the deluxe figs and I only need a clone commander (or a few) and they don't have them on their website.
Sorry,
Gatillo

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: May 9, 2005, 09:21 AM »
No word, still processing...I ordered a Deluxe Vader and Clone Flyer last week as well but I may try and cancel it since I found them on Saturday

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #37 on: May 9, 2005, 09:41 AM »
I placed an order, bu knocker has yet to be processed :(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 9, 2005, 09:52 AM »
I have two orders, both supposedly shipping this week or next.  I ordered a couple #41 Clones and a Wookiee Warrior when the store first opened, and then ordered the Deluxe Vader (table), Clone, and Yoda last week.  Haven't heard much, other than my status on their site is "not yet shipped" and scheduled I believe to go out the 12th or so.  If I find them at retail before then, I fully intend to cancel the orders though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 9, 2005, 11:57 AM »
I just went on HasbroToyShop.com to check my order status, and apparently the order I placed for the 3 series 2 Deluxe Figures has now disappeared.  It was on their order status page last week after I ordered, and I received an order confirmation via e-mail, but now apparently it never existed.  I'm debating whether to bother reordering them or not, or to contact them abotu this order.  Hopefully they'll just show up at retail instead.  I'm not so sure about this place now, but we'll see.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 9, 2005, 12:00 PM »
I can't seem to find a link to the site anywhere online.  Can some point me in the right direction?  Please, pretty please?

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 9, 2005, 12:20 PM »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 9, 2005, 12:33 PM »
As I said in another thread about the overall idea of the HTS in Watto's, I placed an order for the "In Stock: Usually Ships in 24 Hours" Obi-Wan vs. Bodyguard Battle Arena (I'm insane).  I did it more because I wanted to see how Hasbro's attempt at web retail would work (read: fail) and since I figure when the stores around me finally do get the BAs, they'll only get the first two and I'll break my neck trying to find the third (since I'm insane).

Without repeating the story, the item itself went from "24 hours" to "May 12th estimate", the day afterwards I found an error in my address and when I called to correct it, the rep said that they didn't have access to any of the orders from the previous night, and I have yet to hear anyone say their order had actually shipped yet.

So, to put it simply, it's not looking good for Hasbro's web retail experiment.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 9, 2005, 03:40 PM »
As much as this kills the "thrill of the hunt" (which I can do without on some days) - I really do hope they get their act in gear and this site takes off.

Remember everyone - this site is going to be the EXCLUSIVE place where GI Joe collectors can continue to buy the 4" line after it is cancelled later this year and the Sigma Six crap comes out.

We must remember that at some point in the future, in order to keep the Star Wars line going, they may indeed have to resort to selling stuff exclusively on either this site or shop.starwars.com. Although, if that's the case, I doubt places like Entertainment Earth would stop carrying SW either.

So before you take joy in their troubles, just remember that www.hasbrotoyshop.com may be our ONLY or ONE OF FEW options for new Star Wars in the future.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

SilverZ

« Reply #44 on: May 9, 2005, 03:46 PM »
Just put in a phone call after seeing the status on my 5/02 order being listed as "declined" on the site. I'll give them credit for having the 1-800 number published and easily to locate, unlike Amazon.com, and they pick up the phone rather quickly.  I was told that, no, my card had been authorized and the order was shipping.  I pushed it and asked if there was a timeline for an actual ship date, and was told "probably tomorrow" ...so we'll see.

For some reason I'm pessimistic.