Author Topic: Hasbro Direct Sales Website  (Read 24196 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Direct Sales Website
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2005, 05:37 PM »
I got my 5/2 order today. It came USPS with a postage label reading "PSVC BOOK CLUB ASSOCIATES". They're mooching a book club rate off the USPS for a package of toys? LOL

Got my 2 Wookiees and 2 Clones. Wooks are dark brown, yay! Now I can go back to Target and grab one of those tan skunks to fill out my army. :D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2005, 05:48 PM »
I got the first part of my order today, two weeks after I made the order.(when everything was "in stock").  All four are OTC figures I had not gotten in the past because I was on a hiatus from collecting and the cards on three of them were bent because of they way they packaged them.

Luckily, I had a few empty protecto-paks and you can't notice it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

SilverZ

« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2005, 04:37 PM »
At last, my order has arrived. I ordered on 5/2, it was processed on 5/9, and here it is in my hands on 5/18.

The figures were packed fairly well, and the card condition on most of the figures appears acceptable. There's a few that look a little bent, but no more so than they probably were coming out of the original Hasbro carton.

I ordered 4x SA Clones, 2x Wookiee Warriors, 2x Neidmoidian Warriors, and 2x Destroyer Droids. Both the Wookiees turned up as the darker brown versions.

In the end, I'd rate Hasbrotoyshop.com as:

Item Selection: 4/5
Item Availability: 2/5
Processing/Delivery Time: 2/5
Item Condition: 4/5
Customer Service (phone): 5/5

They could have a good business going if they could keep the newer toys in stock, add preordering for more upcoming toys, fix the dodgy order status updating on the site, and get the turn-around time on shipping fixed.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2005, 03:16 AM »
Sounds not too bad Paul...  I've got to admit I've not even looked into them all that much.  I probably should drop an order for some troopers just because, but I feel like I've got too many irons in the fire now as it is (waiting on the Evolution pre-orders too, ugh).

Anyway, I was reading my Insider which JUST arrived today (yeesh, kinda late I think...  or am I early this time?) and in it there was a question about Hasbro offering direct sales...

Sansweet told them no, but they've tossed the idea around and stuff, and then he directs them to a link to ShopStarWars.com...  I found that kinda funny since it's really been a little while since the shop was announced, but I guess not quite long enough for Sansweet to get the memo...  You'd think he'd have known though, out of anyone.  hah
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2005, 10:22 PM »
I was surprised to see how many items are listed as out of stock on Hasbro's site. They're mainly Collection 2 figures. They can't keep figures that are pegwarming stores in stock? Weird.

Aayla Secura
Agen Kolar
Preview Starfighter
Anakin (Slashing Attack)
Anakin's lightsaber
AT-TE Gunner
Battle Droid
Darth Vader's lightsaber
C3PO
Chewbacca
Count Dooku
Count Dooku's lightsaber
Clone Trooper Blaster
Ki-Adi Mundi
Luminara Unduli
Mon Mothma
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick)
Plo Koon
Saesee Tiin
Shaak Ti
Super Battle Droid
Yoda (Spinning Attack)
General Grievous Unleashed

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 2, 2005, 09:12 PM »
I'm committing slight thread necromancy here, but I figured I would give ol' HTS.com a look to see how things were going these days.  I thought that maybe they had done some restocking, as they are offering that "Build Your Own Lightsaber" kit as a preorder on their main page, but imagine my laughter when I checked out the rest of the SW section.

While your list of figures that are "Out of Stock" is pretty humorous, Jared, the funniest thing is that the #41 Clone Trooper is listed as IN STOCK.  Now before anyone goes over there to take advantage of this, it also says "Ships in 26 to 28 days."  Yep, it is going to take a subsidiary of the company that makes a 6-7 buck action figure almost a month to get one of its own figures that is currently at retail. 

Oh, but it gets better.  The AT-TE Tank Gunner figure is also in stock, but you'll have to wait 58-60 days for it to ship.  Plus, the Mustafar Playset isn't even available according to HTS.  The good news is that they still have the Deluxe Obi-Wan and SBD in stock and shipping in one business day, so it's not all bad.  :D

Great job, Hasbro.  You're getting beaten in the online toy retail game by Kay Bee.  Go sit in the corner.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #96 on: June 2, 2005, 09:39 PM »
 :'( :'(It is a sad sad day when the toy makes does not have the toys they make. :'( :'(
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2005, 10:41 AM »
Remember the "One of Every Figure" Club that Hasbro tried to start and was pimping at Celebration 3?

It sounds like the buzz from Comic-Con is that the idea is dead in the water.

Gee, who would have though that offering Collectors a "complete" set of #1-56 plus 4 Army Builders for MORE than retail price (AFTER they already bought #1-36 in the week following Midnight Madness) would flop?   ::)

Sounds like the are pulling the plug on the whole thing at this point...

Could HasbroToyShop be the next to go? 

Looking at the awesome stock of Army Builders they have (AFTER they said at Celebration 3 it would be no problem keeping figures in stock), I'm guessing this store is a flop too.   :-X

Maybe, just maybe Hasbro will learn a little something about Case Assortments/ratios from the store before it goes under... (one can hope, right? :-\)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2005, 12:26 PM »
Yeah, the Hasbro Toy Shop, from all appearances related to Star Wars stuff, has pretty much failed miserably.  It's actually kind of pathetic when the company that makes and distributes the toys can't even keep them in stock or keep their site updated.  A quick look at the HTS SW section shows that the vast majority of action figures are either "out of stock" or they aren't even listed as being on backorder (e.g. no button to add them to the cart at all). 

The 60 figure offer, as it is described in that PowerPoint slide, just seems even more pathetic in retrospect.  With a few obvious exceptions, none of the 44 initial figures released were difficult to find, and with the "new 12" it kind of destroys the idea of a "complete run" of figures being sold.  Plus, when you figure that one of your bonus army builders is a Neimoidian Warrior, it completely ruins your ideas.  And 10 dollars off your next order?  That would be great if anything was ever in stock.   ::)

My grandfather used to refer to this type of behavior as "your mouth being bigger than your belly."  Hasbro goes on and on about these grand schemes they have developed, but when you get right down to it, they don't think it through too well and it ends up bombing.  Of course, Hasbro will always find a way to blame either retailers or the general public for their mistakes, but the fact remains that Hasbro needs to stop pushing quantity over quality in every area.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2005, 02:23 PM »
It's actually kind of pathetic when the company that makes and distributes the toys can't even keep them in stock or keep their site updated.

Not "kind of", it's actually really pathetic.

They're blowing a huge opportunity here. If they could have gotten HTS off the ground and kept wanted figures in stock, they could put a very serious dent in the amount of SW toys sold at retail (considering the majority sold from here on out will be to collectors, not kids).

An awful lot of collectors would quite happily go over there, punch up two of everything, and sit back and wait for a gigantic FedEx crate to arrive on their doorstep. Heck, I would use HTS for some of the more HTF variants and army builders.

But maybe that's the reason. It's entirely possible that somebody like Wal-Mart or TRU threw a hissy fit about Hasbro going over their heads to sell toys directly, so they just quietly sabotaged their own store. ::)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Who is this man running hasbro into the ground? and why isn't he committed?

Is this sorta like the curse of Lucas Dialogue?  You just can not stop it!! 
who Learned you To spoke!