I wrote this up under the assumption that all of you will be donating to the 'Make Brad's Funeral Awesome' fund, as will be set up by Chris Berry, so that my funeral band doesn't completely suck. If there's a sucky band, then, well, screw it, just dump me in the ocean or something. ********.
As everyone is getting situated for another long and boring service...
- Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There (Acoustic)
Once everyone is seated.
- Ennio Morricone - The Ecstasy of Gold(Instrumental - No clue how this would be played, but don't particularly care, either... as long as it's cool...)
Fade to nothing and as they say, "That was cool..." then blast them away with...
- Pearl Jam - Alive (Full Band)
The slow the pace down...
- Prince - Sometimes It Snows in April (I'd prefer it be instrumental, just to slow the pace down - I think just an acoustic guitar and a piano would be fine - but I have to admit, I enjoy doing the 'Awwoooooo' parts of Prince's songs in the shower, so maybe they could hire someone up to sing the song with some respect, but with a reverb or something... Actually, it probably won't matter to me at this point if its sung with respect, or sung at all.)Stop.
I suppose this is the point where some dude would stand and introduce my corpse, "That's Brad over there, be sure to thank him for (whatever) after the show-" or something along those lines. I guess its traditional that they say random half-truths and things, something about having had alot of potential as an artist at some point to be worth a damn... Everyone knows this is basically the boring and akward part, because
the only reason you can stay awake is because you feel akward knowing that someone is up there being a little too generous to someone they never knew, that you honestly cared for.... Maybe I'm alone out here... Regadless, how awesome would it be if the band interrupted him with this...
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band / With A Little Help From My Friends (Full Band)
And then the dude just picks up where he left off, as if nothing happened... too awesome. At the end of his crap, I want a few of my poems to be read as the band plays some sort of subdued and slowed down version of...[/li]
[li]Wu Tang Clan
- CREAM (Instrumental)
After the reading is finished...[/li]
- Bicycle (Full Band - I couldn't think just one Queen song that I'd like to have, because I have so many favorites... in the end I decided just to go with Bicycle to bump up the 'WTF? Factor' even more... )
Thank everyone for coming.[/li]
- Going To California (Acoustic Guitar, Instrumental)
[li]My Morning Jacket
- What a Wonderful Man (Full Band)
- Spanish Caravan / When The Music's Over (Full Band - and damnit, at the end, the lead better WHISPER and SCREAM at the appropriate times... none of that reserved bull****, just ...whisper.... and SCREAAAAM!)
And then, everyone leaves, feeling like they were just at a pretty decent concert. And already they forgot about me.edit
- sorry about the [ li ] code - Have no idea how to write this junk out.edit2
- I fixed it. -Berry