Author Topic: Which Sci Fi Movies/TV/Games.. would You Like to See get the 3 3/4" Treatment  (Read 9780 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
My top 10 in no particular order

1. Aliens
  2. Predator
  3. Terminator
  4. Planet of the Apes
  5. Blade Runner
  6. Starship Troopers
  7. Battlestar Galactica (original series)
  8. Robocop
  9. Matrix
10. Total Recall

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
The answer a few weeks ago in the Star Wars Q & A that said the Battlestar Galactica (both Original and New Series) really got me kinda excited.  Especially if they were to scale and would fit well with the SW stuff I have.  It would be like 1980 again when I had my SW and BG stuff together (with some Buck Rogers thrown in the mix).

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
A few of you mention Dark Crystal. I'd go for a smaller scale line. Those dolls they did were too big and pricey for my interest level. But I'd definitely buy a few figs from a 3 to 4 inch line. I'd love that stilt creature they rode on!

The Kenneth Johnson TV miniseries "V" would be awesome. I'd be all over that.

And I'd kill for a line based on the Krofft original Land of the Lost! Sleestak and Enik figures would please me no end. ;D

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Ook, you know it!  "V" would be a great toy line.

Hmm, BSG is back...Perhaps it is time to bring V back to the small screen!
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Ook, you know it!  "V" would be a great toy line.

Hmm, BSG is back...Perhaps it is time to bring V back to the small screen!

Johnson was supposed to be working on a remake or sequel to V a while back. I asked Marc Singer about it last time I was at Comic-Con, and he said they were in "close contact" about the project. That was 2004. I kind of thought it would be out by now.

Ah, here we are...
« Last Edit: October 8, 2006, 10:55 PM by Ook »

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
OOOOOH BABY!  sorry for drooling on you.  This made my day! ;D
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Krull

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
KRULL!!  Awesome flick (for that time)  Loved it as a kid and would totally welcome a line of figs to go with it - not that I'd buy them, but it would be nice to see them made.

A series of V figures/vehicles would also be nice to see made.  Totally loved the mini-series they had.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
A few of you mention Dark Crystal. I'd go for a smaller scale line. Those dolls they did were too big and pricey for my interest level. But I'd definitely buy a few figs from a 3 to 4 inch line. I'd love that stilt creature they rode on!

That is my dream series. I have all the busts and both 12" figure but crave more. Especially in the small scale. There were plans and protoypes for a line back when the movie came out but sadly they never got mass produced.  :( Maybe one day. Too bad Palisades is kaput, they would've done wonders for that line...

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Heroes! That new show ROCKS! I would love to see Nikki, Sylar, Hiro, Claire, Eden, that stuff.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
#1  The Planet of the Apes Films ---Imagine army building with Gorilla Soldiers.  There could be so many "obscure" characters that it would be just like SW.  There could be horses and wagons and all sorts of cool stuff.  I honestly day dream about this once a week!

#2  Mad Max/Road Warrior.  This would be mainly for the vehicles, would could be insanely cool.  The Oil Truck from Road Warrior would be the big ticket "Naboo Cruiser" item at X-mas.  Again, this has been a dream of mine since about 1983.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Heroes! That new show ROCKS! I would love to see Nikki, Sylar, Hiro, Claire, Eden, that stuff.

I too, love the show Heroes, but I don't think it would make for a very exciting action figure line. They are after all just regular people. I can't see kids clamoring for this one.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
heroes would be very cool. id be thinking more like the Unleashed line size and features. Nikkii/Jessica w/rifle covered in blood, DL with his hand through something, Sylar 'using the Force', Nathan flying. SUPER COOL!  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
How this thread got down so far, I'll never know...

I was thinking today how badass it would be to get a GOOD 3.75" Wild Wild West line based on the original TV series (none of that Will Smith bull**** movie they made).  I want a Dr. Loveless figure, Artie, West, and the whole lot...  Some Union soldiers, some Confederate holdouts, some cowboy thugs, some San Francisco port thugs...  I'd love a toy line for one of my most treasured childhood TV memories. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
 I started with a top ten list that quickly went to 25 and I still have more.  ;D
  1. Lord of the Rings
  2. Planet of the Apes (Movie and TV show)
  3. Battlestar Galactica (original series)
  4. Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (TV Series)
  5. Thundercats
  6. Starship Troopers
  7. "V"
  8. Terminator
  9. Krull
  10. Farscape
  11. Aliens/Predator
  12. Mad Max/Road Warrior
  13. Dark Crystal.
  14. Total Recall/Running man
  15. Flash Gordon (80' movie) Come on how doesn't want a hawk man rocketcycle
  16 Babylon 5,
  17.Battle Beyond the Stars
  18.Firefly (TV Series and Movie)
  19.Spaceballs
  20.Blade Runner
  21. Star Trek (ALL)
  22. Marvel
  23. DC.
  24. Galaxy quest
  25. Black Hole
 and still more
 Tron, Space above and beyond, Earth 2, Fifth Element, Escape from NY, Space 1999, Last Starfighter,  I know I will think of more after I post this.

Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.