Author Topic: Curse you, Deluxe Wave One!!!  (Read 6535 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Curse you, Deluxe Wave One!!!
« on: May 12, 2005, 09:36 PM »
Dear Deluxe Wave One,

Because you suck so bad, you are not selling in my area.  Every store is clogged with you.  There is no room for the later waves that look much more promising.  Please die overnight, never to return.

Thank you,

CHEWIE

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Curse you, Deluxe Wave One!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 09:40 PM »
LOL! Good post CHEWIE. Yeah, wave one is glogging the pegs like plaq in my arteries!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 09:46 PM »
Isn't that always the way? It's like the E1 cinema scenes. The first wave was Jar Jar, then every other set after that was better and harder to find. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 09:54 PM »
Frickin' hilarious Chewie!!

All I want is a Darth Vader operating table...is that so bad???
Beth

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 11:29 PM »
I tell you what, everytime I see a damn obi-wan jedi kick it makes wants to jedi kick the crap out of the pegs.  My target has 22, ok, 22 :o.  That is insane.

Gatillo

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 11:32 PM »
Grievous and AnaVader sell well around here (as does Palpidious, to a lesser extent), leaving us stuck with pegs and pegs of that crappy Obi-Wan. I just wish someone would buy them all and donate them to Toys for Tots or something.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

SilverZ

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 11:42 PM »
My sentiments exactly, Chewie.

My TRU is choking on Obi-Wans and Palpatines. There’s so many in both the front display and the regular aisle that I don’t think they’ll see future waves for months. It’s as bad as those Deluxe TPM figures with lightsaber wands were in ’99.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 12:07 AM »
I found Deluxe Wave 2 in 4 out of 6 Targets that I went into today.

TRU seemed to be the only place overflowing with old stuff - but that's just what they do at TRU.  Hell, they still have OTC Falcons for the ultra-low price of $54.99  ::)

SilverZ

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 12:21 AM »
You're indeed lucky, then. While my area seems to be more extreme than some other parts of SoCal (the action seems to be further inland/south), the Targets here are also choking in Wv1. Every peg is filled and they're not going anywhere.

TRU has been lucky in that there appears to be a steady stream of people interested in the basic figures #1-33, and while they have a huge amount of them, as they've done in the past to their downfall, they've had a much longer grace period before the unavoidable choke. Putting them in bins so the packaging gets thrashed to the point of looking like 4 year-old Big Lots inventory doesn't help either. But people are still buying. Which isn't happening with the Deluxe.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 03:17 AM »
Great post, Chewie.   ;D

It's the same around here, save for Target, which is where it's at right now.  Deluxe wave 2 in spades.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 06:21 AM »
While my area seems to be more extreme than some other parts of SoCal (the action seems to be further inland/south)

I wish. I've seen 2 Deluxe Wave 2 figures. Both at Kmart. None at Walmart or Target. If I have to look at Force Jump Obi Wan anymore Im gonna snap!  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 09:04 AM »
Every store here (Wal-Mart, Target, TRU) are all clogged up with Wave 1 as well, with no relief in sight as far as I can tell.  The Anakin to Vader one sells well (actually sold out everywhere I've seen), Grievous moves pretty well, and the Obi/SBD and Palpy sit several deep everywhere, especially the Obi-Wan deluxe.  I broke down and ordered Deluxe Wave 2 from Amazon, should be here today.  A little bit more expensive than Wal-Mart, but I don't see them having room for any new ones anytime soon.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 10:05 AM »
Yeah, deluxe wave 1 brings back memories of the force-flippers. What is it about Hasbro that they can't come up with a decent idea for their initial deluxe wave?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2005, 10:10 AM »
How many people have that huge WM Deluxe display?  Mine is still completely filled with wave one.  The pegs are still filled as well.  They had over 50 of the Kenobi Battle Droid as of last night.  K-Mart has been the place for Wave 2.  Unfortuneately they are $2 more each though.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 12:39 PM »
Yeah, the initial shipment is always the largest (and sits the longest) so why not ship the clone 3 packs, Vader table, and jet pack clonie first?

Past experience has taught us that regular figures with one gimmick do not sell as delux-o figures!!

I just don't get it....