Author Topic: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 07/04/06  (Read 65685 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 09/27/05
« Reply #225 on: December 7, 2005, 09:11 PM »
Thanks for the advice InRem!  ;D
I need to get back to studying now!

Phruby - thanks for the compliments on the ARC!  I added a couple of black holsters from a 12" Cobra Commander figure that I got at KB for $5.  I wasn't sure how to make the saddle pouches, but I think the dual holsters looks pretty cool (they are in the same spot as the saddle pouches would be, as opposed to where the ROTS Clone Commanders have them). 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #226 on: December 8, 2005, 10:15 AM »
I have to second that the paint job on that pilot is very nice.
I may be the flash that makes it look shiny but the black and silver is great together.

Tha ARC trooper is nice, ant that weapon is fantastic.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 26, 2005, 12:32 AM »
Finally!  No more finals for a couple of weeks = plenty of time for the customs I've been planning for the past few months  ;)

I don't consider these "customs" they're more like "upgrades" (they basically amount to body swaps with some minor modifications)

VOTC Boba Fett w/upgraded body:

Boba Fett w/upgraded body:

Comparo shot:

Jango Fett:

"Waitaminute..."

TIE Pilot:

AT-AT Pilot:

Comparo Shot:

Snowtrooper:

AT-ST Driver:

Death Star Trooper:

Imperial Officer:

Comparo Shot:

Obi-Wan (AotC version):

Endor Han Solo:

ARC Trooper (w/new belt and holsters):

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 12/25/05
« Reply #228 on: December 26, 2005, 12:49 AM »
Here are some more conventional customs:

Onda Grott - A Mandalorian mercenary who was hired by the newly formed Empire to hunt down renegade Jedi scum.  His dual-rocket jetpack enables him to insert quickly into any area.  He prefers quick kills from a distance and is not known for his bravery.  Many other Mandalorians make fun of his "need" for an Assassin-Droid helper.  At least he's getting paid...

Assassin-Droid - CWRD-571
Built by Onda Grott to make up for Grott's difficulty hunting Jedi, CWRD-571 was a valuable asset to his Mandalorian maker.  CWRD-571 was cobbled together from pre-existing droid parts, but has proven himself to be durable and reliable.  With a layer of Mandalorian Iron, CWRD-571 is able to withstand limited slashes from lightsabers and blaster bolts, however CWRD-571's master prefers to keep his distance from Jedi if at all possible, so the added armor is rarely utilized.

Grott was made from a Transformers "Kicker" figure with a POTF2 Boba Fett helmet and gauntlets.  The jetpack is made from various extra bits.

CWRD-571 was made from a POTF2 8D8 torso, upper arms, and feet; an Ep. 1 Battle Droid Commander hips, upper thighs, knee joints, and antennae; Transformers "Kicker" helmet; and ROTS Sneak Preview General Grievous forearms.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 26, 2005, 12:57 AM »
Sorry for the triple post, but I thought this was pretty funny:
This is my customs work area:

I really need better lighting  :-\
Usually the desk is covered with customs-works in process unless I'm actually working on a custom, which is the only time that I clear it off.  I have to do my homework and type my essays on my bed...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 26, 2005, 08:10 AM »
Believe me, Gregorbian, my area's alot worse than yours. I have okay lighting, but it's so messy, it took be a day to completely organize it. I really wish I had a tray for paint, maybe I'll buy one toady at an after-Christmas sale. Hey, cool customs. The snowtrooper and the Mandolorain IMO are the best. Cool work, can't wait to see more.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 26, 2005, 11:47 AM »
nice update Gregorbian! that 12" snow trooper is just awsome! the weathering is very good and i like the bulky boots, great work! i like the mandalorian merc also, what type of body did you use? the color scheme is cool and i really like the back story. not all mandalorian's can be tough cut-throat types. great work!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 26, 2005, 12:07 PM »
Wow, you have been very busy and your work has paid off Greg!  I'm not into the 12" line, but they look great and superior to Hasbro's work.  Are you planning on doing any customizing with the new Sideshow line?

Mandalorian - Very cool to see a different look to one of these guys, I like the parts you used.  He really look looks nimble and stealthy.

CWRD-571 - Now this is an awesome use of parts, and the paint scheme is killer.  I love this droid, he really looks like he would be a tough match if he was after you.  Very well done!

And your workspace is better than mine, actually I don't even have one.   ;)

:P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 26, 2005, 01:23 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys!
The 12" figures are more "upgrades" than anything else since I kept pretty much all of the hasbro parts unmodified.  Each figure only took about 10 to 15 minutes to upgrade, so it was a way to keep customizing in between hitting the books.  I had to resize a few pieces but all of the paint apps and sculpting are 100% hasbro - I think they did a great job with their 12" line except for the base bodies and headsculpts. 
I'll see what the Sideshow figures look like.  A Sideshow figure is $50-$60 a piece and my hasbro upgrades cost about $15 to $30 a piece, depending on what parts I used.  If nothing else, I figured the troopers were a cheap alternative to the Marmit Troopers that came out a few years ago.

jedistyle - the Mandalorian body was a "Kicker" figure from the transformers line (I got 2 of them on sale at KB for $11 total).  It's an ok body, the articulation is similar to GI Joe figures.  I didn't really have to modify the body that much, so that was a perk  ;)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #234 on: December 26, 2005, 03:27 PM »
dude Inever would have thought to use transformers figs. great update, glad to see ur back in the saddle.

Laters

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 27, 2005, 03:16 PM »
great update Gregorbian. the 12" upgrades are very nice, its amazing how the whole character of a Hasbro 12" can change once the body is more realistic and posable. i myself have a whole graveyard of Hasbro bodies  ;)

i really like the paint apps on the Mandalorian and the droid especially. the mandalorian reminds me of a microman and the droid was a great use of parts which come together to make an original concept.

keep up the good work  :)

keri

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 27, 2005, 04:05 PM »
Great Job!

Your 12" Stuff is Sweet. I have A Bunch of WWII 12 figs. that I've Customized, but I've only made a few Star Wars 12" Customs. You've inspired me to try out a few more.

Both of these 4" customs came out came out really well.

The Mandalore looks great. I like the fact that it's not another Fett Repaint and the Silver Visor is a nice original touch. I picked up a couple of these Kicker figs myself. They are currently sitting in my WIP pile waiting to become Coruscant Speeder Bike Cops.

The Assassin Droid is the real stand out of the Bunch. The Parts Work perfectly together. The Articulation looks well preserved if not improved.  The Paint Aps. are very neat( Good Choice on the Colors). And the Weathering is very realistic.

I can't wait to see more. Keep up the great Work.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 29, 2005, 03:26 PM »
Thanks guys!  Here are some guys that I have been planning for about 3 months but were finally able to make yesterday:

Leyatt Defense Force Guardsmen
Leyatt, a planet that openly supported the "Petition of 2000" before the emergence of the Empire, was regarded as one of the more "civilized" of the mid-rim planets.  As peaceful as the Alderaanians but as crafty as the Corellians, the Leyatt have a powerful modern army which they only use for defense.  Since the expert Leyatt soldiers and pilots refused to join the Empire's recruiting academies, Leyatt was blacklisted and eventually invaded.  The Leyatt people were scattered throughout the galaxy and were a main source of soldiers and pilots for the Rebellion.  After the New Republic was established, many of the surviving Leyatt moved back to their abandoned home planet to rebuildit.

Leyatt Guardsman (sergeant):

Leyatt Guardsmen (soldiers):

Leyatt Communications Officer:

Leyatt Weapons:

Leyatt Guardsmen:

Many Count Dookus were sacrificed in the making of these figures  ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: December 29, 2005, 03:33 PM »

What happened to that poor Sgt to give him the metal claw?  Poor fella... :'(

Great use of the Dooku body!  Looks like that squad could use some muscle though, perhaps one of the grunts could steal a Sandtrooper BFG to lay down some support fire?  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 12/29/05
« Reply #239 on: December 29, 2005, 04:20 PM »
The sergeant had an accident...  stupid stormtroopers...  ;)
I have 1 more Count Dooku figure so I might make him a rocket guy or something.  I based these guys off of Warhammer 40k Imperial Guardsmen (specifically "Mordian Iron Guard" and "Cadian Shocktroopers") and their heavy weapons teams are 2 guys, so I might try to snag another Dooku and make a heavy weapons team...