Author Topic: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 07/04/06  (Read 65525 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #105 on: July 2, 2005, 12:46 AM »
CuDa, what happened to your threads?  Why are they deleted?

:P

He said he is leaving JD because there is too much drama.

Wow...apparently I missed a lot in the last week. I've got no idea what's going on...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 2, 2005, 01:03 AM »
Ah, it was a bit of a mess but it's all cleaned up now.  PM me if you want and I'll fill you in.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2005, 09:01 PM »
Wow, I'm on the second page.  Well, this'll fix that!
Here's a fairly large update of stuff that I made in the past few days:

Smuggler:

Commander Gree (I'm not very happy with how he turned out):

501st Clone Trooper:

Clone with Gatling Gun:

Clone Standard Bearer (not sure if I like the cape):

Pile of dead clones:

SA Slave Leia:

Comments/Qustions/Advice is always welcome!  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2005, 10:22 AM »
Gregorbian, another fantastic set of customs...

Smuggler - I'll review in detail in the Monthly Customizing Challenge thread

Gree - He looks pretty good... his straps seem a bit smudgy, but his paint seems to work very well.  I've seen a lot of different versions of him, it's hard to really get his paint scheme down, but I think yours is very close to being film accurate.

501st Clone - I'm gonna hold off on making my own until I have the Temple 5-pk with the 3 Clones in it... if I do make some, I'll use yours for reference.  Looks nice!

Gatlin Clone - Wow, he looks tough!  I would remove the vest, I think he looks fine without it... the green paint scheme really stands out on him.  Excellent.

Standard Bearer - I really like this, great flag you made... I like his cape on better than the vest.  I would suggest maybe a different cape though, maybe one that doesn't look so smooth.  Perhaps a Vader cape would have more texture?

Dead Clones - Heh heh... I can't get enough of these guys.  How many AoD figures have you bought?   ;)

Leia - You are truly the master of articulation!  How did you paint her?  Is the paint going to chip at the joints?  I hope not, because this is truly awesome.  I'm in awe of this... what head did you use?

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Great
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Hey Buddy,

All of your stuff is great, I like the cape on the clone it makes him unique and different, but I love the dead clones, How do you make the bodies?

The smuggler is the Bomb.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Thanks for the comments CHEWIE!

I made the 501st clone a few days before TheJawa had the news of the upcoming 501st clones  :P  Oh well, you can't have enough of those guys ;)

I threw on the vest for the Gatling clone just because I had it lying around.  I kinda like it, although I should probably paint it or something.  It kind of reminds me of Jesse "The Body" Ventura from Predator. 

A Vader cape for my Standard Bearer would probably work, I'll have to dig one out.  I used the Garindan cape because I had an extra (from my smuggler).  Maybe painting it would look better?  What do you think?

The AoD figure sets are on "double" clearance at my local Suncoasts (meaning they're $5.60 per set), so I try to pick up 1 everytime I'm on a toy run. 

The paint chips a bit on the SA Leia  :-\, the major points of chipping are the upper thighs (which are hidden by her "skirt") and the shoulders, but the shoulders aren't that bad.  All of the other joints are fine.  The head is from a GC Slave Leia, as are the decorations on the front/back of the skirt.  I made her wrist/upper arm decorations out of putty and everything else is painted on. 

Thanks for your comments/advice CHEWIE!  ;D

TijuanaJedi - Thanks man.  The dead clones are just Army of Darkness Skeleton figures (from Suncoast Video) with the armor cut off and clone parts glued on.  They're pretty simple customs and don't take a lot of time (unless you're hollowing out clone armor and gluing it onto the skeleton body  ;)).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2005, 10:37 AM »
Here's a pic of some of those Army of Darkness figures for you Tijuana Jedi -

Gregorbian, thanks for the info on the figures.  I think the cape looks pretty good... painting it might look good.  If you do, I would go for solid black.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 10:38 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2005, 10:41 AM »
The best thing about the skeletons is that the armor on the "bone" skeletons is easily removable.  For the chest armor/hip skirt you only need to make 1 cut along the seam and the armor will come off easily.  The shoulder armor and wrist armor might have a little bit of glue, but a few cuts and some pulling and those will pop off as well.  The only thing that I couldn't remove (at least for the helmeted skeletons) were the armored helmets.  There is a skeleton with a chainmail headdress and I was able to remove that easily to get a plain skeleton.
One of the coolest features of these skeletons is the high level of articulation.  the bone skeletons have double-knee joints (think Marvel Legends) as well as ball jointed hips, shoulders, head, waist and the zombie-undead has double-elbow and double-knee joints as well as the same ball-joints.  Crazy!  ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2005, 11:43 AM »
Yeah, I love their detail and articulation... they do seem to break kinda easy at the joints though (at least mine do!).

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2005, 12:26 PM »
Clone with Gatling Gun:

Comments/Qustions/Advice is always welcome!  ;D

I always love your custom, I only suggest this: Add that helmet cover that come with the AT-TE Tank Gunner to this figure, that will make this one looks like that heavy gun clone from the ROTS video game. ;)

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2005, 03:22 PM »
greg I've been waiting for something new from you, great stuff as always.  not so sure I like the cape, but awesome flag he's holding.  I'd give both gattling and flag clone a clone commander skirt or a holster or something.  gattling trooper is definatley going to need a small arms weapon to carry around sometimes 1 shot is all it takes not a bazillion.  Also try giving that gattling gun a strap, because damn that thing looks heavy.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2005, 03:27 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys! 
I was thinking of adding an AT-TE Tank Gunner helmet to my Gatling Gun Clone so that he would match my other Heavy Weapons Clone (the Bazooka Clone), thanks for pointing that out!  I was also thinking of making some sort of harness for his gun, but wasn't sure how to do that.  Any suggestions as to what type of material I could use?  I normally use embroidery floss for my straps/harnesses, but I think that would look weird on the Gatling gun.

The Gatling clone actually has a sidearm on the vest, although you can't see it (it was already like that), but you're right, I should give him a hip holster with a sidearm or something like that.  Good point!

Thanks for the advice guys!  ;D

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2005, 08:14 PM »
I'm diggin tht Kubaz Smuggler. High Class stuff right there. I like the mini gun clone a lot too. the other clones are good But I think I'm starting to get bored of clone custums..
Flag bearing one is a good idea, and I think the cape looks fine.

the slave leia looks pretty cool, almost reminds me of something out of soul calibur the way it's made though. I'm not sure why.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2005, 09:02 PM »
Here's one that I finished tonight (for the Custom Challenge):

Jawa Sith
Head: Small OTC Jawa
Torso/Arms: ROTS #3 Yoda
Legs: Small OTC Jawa

The Encounter:

The Duel:

Evil Triumphs:

It's my crappy version of a photonovel, CHEWIE, be gentle!  :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2005, 10:18 AM »
Ha ha that's pretty funny, and really cool!

I'll comment more in the Monthly Customizing Challenge thread.