Author Topic: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 07/04/06  (Read 65646 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 05/15/06
« Reply #330 on: May 18, 2006, 05:01 PM »
Excellent set of updates Greg!

Figg Urre- Excellent looking Mando. The Joe parts meld with the SW perfectly and it has a very SW-ish feel to it. Glassman's helmet cast really is great. Great use of the Djas holsters they are still some of my favorites. I think the drybrushing might look a little better if it had been done in a white or grey rather than the blue, but the technique and application still looks good. I like the name too. ;)

Clone Constabulatory Officer
- For such a simple construction you really made this look like a whole new figure. The white and black with the brown leather straps looks awesome. I may need to copy this one someday. I really like how you went with the AOTC clone design, it gets neglected a lot. It is nice to see someone hasn't forgotten it. It is nice to see someone hasn't forgotten it. I don't think 'Constabulatory' is a real word though. ;)

The Sideshow Endor Luke looks great too. Perhaps Leia's helmet is smaller than Luke's and would fit the Sideshow head better?

Boba Fett- I don’t think you can ever have to many Fett’s. This guy looks excellent, the corrected coolor looks great.

Master Chief- It is always good to see the Chief in plastic form. The paint app looks excellent. I’m glad you gave him the Microman treatment he deserves. You really are great at those MM customs.

Jango Bust- I don’t have any of the busts so I don’t really know what to compare that to, but it looks really great. You blended the Hasbro and GG parts flawlessly.

Oh BTW, I sent you a friend request on Halo, my name is Leviathan30. :)

"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #331 on: May 18, 2006, 05:47 PM »
Thanks guys  8)

Phruby - I made the Microman Master Chief, but I know what you mean.  It feels like it's been ages since I've knocked out a Star Wars Microman.  I've got tons of base figures now, so I'll try to get working on one.  I can't wait to see how your Scorch comes out, that'll probably be a lot easier than dremelling full figures.

Ryan - Thanks man!  I appreciate your comments  :).  I think you're right about "constabulatory".  My brain gets confused (I blame being a Canadian raised in the States since 1990  ;)  :P).
I would use the Endor Leia, but I was able to get the Hasbro Endor Luke for like $8 last year in anticipation of the Sideshow Luke and I haven't seen a loose/complete Endor Leia (without her speeder bike, the shipping kills the price if they include the speeder bike).

Ryan, what Gamertag did you send the friend request to?  I'll check and see if I received it.  My old name was "Gregorbian" but my new name is "Gregorbiotch" because my old name was under my friend's account and it expired.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #332 on: May 18, 2006, 05:55 PM »
I sent it to the Greorbiotch tag.

I'm actually not sure, does the Leia use the same helmet or did they make a different one for her?
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 18, 2006, 10:07 PM »
I sent it to the Greorbiotch tag.
Awesome, thanks, I'll sign on later and accept.  8)

I'm actually not sure, does the Leia use the same helmet or did they make a different one for her?

I'm not sure, I would imagine they would give her a smaller helmet because she was significantly smaller than Luke.  I never got the Endor Leia on Speederbike set, so I have no idea.  :-\  If anybody knows, I would appreciate it if they let me know.  It might be worth tracking an extra Endor Leia down just for the helmet.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2006, 11:05 AM »
More fun with Sideshow Luke  8)

Man, I love this figure!
I hope you guys appreciate my 100% movie accurate Skiff railing  ;)  :P

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2006, 11:33 AM »
great pics Greg, that luke kicks  :-X and your set up with Fett is wonderful.  but through no fault off your own what's up with luke's facial expression?  he looks like he just walked in on Han & Leia getting busy or something.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 20, 2006, 04:30 PM »
 But the railing looked so real I thought it was a screen shot at first. ;)

The Luke looks good, but my only problem with it is his look of permanent surprise. He looks like he's thinking " Woah.... Truck."

I love the clone constable BTW. IF I could snag a few more royal guards I'd probably do one of these myself.

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #337 on: May 23, 2006, 04:23 PM »
BUMP....too low down the page for my liking...im loving your customs...cant wait for some more!
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #338 on: May 23, 2006, 07:31 PM »
I hope you guys appreciate my 100% movie accurate Skiff railing  ;)  :P

I certainly do!  ;D

Great pics, man.  Which Fett is that?  It looks very nice.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 25, 2006, 10:10 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys! 

Great pics, man.  Which Fett is that?  It looks very nice.

Thanks Glorbes, the Fett is an "upgraded" Hasbro 12" VOTC Boba Fett.  I upgraded him onto a 12" "Dragon" body, repainted the gloves and attached the VOTC Fett's feet.  Pretty simple custom to do and I highly recommend trying it if you have the 12" VOTC Boba Fett figure.  You can get 12" base figures for very cheap at www.ToySoldierBrigade.com

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 06/05/06
« Reply #340 on: June 5, 2006, 09:41 PM »
Here are some 12" Customs that I've been working on (based on Paul's, aka "Legolas77" aka "Slave1Jango" aka "Outrider", Rise of the Empire Theme)

Imperial Commander - Rise of the Empire

Imperial Field General - Rise of the Empire

Stormtrooper - Upgraded to a Dragon body

Thanks for looking!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 5, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Damn Gregorgbian, these look like Sideshow figures!  Very well done, I can't get over how realistic the first guy looks... it really looks like a real person.  Excellent work... I don't know too much about 12" figures, so I all can say is how great these look.

:)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 5, 2006, 10:06 PM »
Thanks CHEWIE,

I hardly did anything to these guys  :-X

Imperial Commander - put the hasbro uniform on a Dragon body, painted the gloves black, made the suspenders and holster.  The only somewhat involved piece was the backpack which I made out of sculpey, although it took longer to cure in the oven than it did to "sculpt" and paint  :P

Imperial Field General - upgraded to a Dragon body, painted the gloves black and put on a WW2 German overcoat.  Easy as hell.

Stormtrooper - This has been a WiP for about a year now.  I upgraded to a Dragon body from the VotC Stormtrooper base figure.  I painted the gloves black and sculpted on the hand armor.  I had cut down the Dragon feet into "pegs" and inserted them into a hole that I had dremeled out of the VotC Stormtrooper shoes which were then glued in place.  I took some thread to tie the upper armor together.  All in all it was about 15 minutes of actual work, but for some reason it took me forever to get around to finishing this bastadge.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #343 on: June 5, 2006, 10:59 PM »
That's some real nice work there, Gregorbian! a couple of them may have been easy, but the Imperial Field General is my fave, and they all look great. Wonderful stuff; combining your talents and Slave1Jango's (as I origionally knew of him) ROTE theam. too cool. Nice work with the holsters too ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 6, 2006, 10:32 AM »
Grego - those look damn fine.  I'm with Chewie in that I've not looked at the 12" figure line very much.  I hear a lot of good things about the "Dragon" bodies so I'm assuming there is a significant upside to them.  Anyway, these figures look very professional!