Author Topic: New pics of 51-56  (Read 6348 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New pics of 51-56
« Reply #15 on: June 2, 2005, 08:38 PM »
Captain Antilles disappoints me.  I remember when some other site (MouseDroid, maybe?) had the preliminary photo of him back in April and someone noted the lack of articulation and that it might be better once we got the final release version.  Too bad it doesn't look like that is going to be the case.  :-\

Edited Text

Six figures that aren't bad (although Antilles could definitely have been better), so here's hoping we can find them!  :P

More or less, that's my opinion.  I too am a little intrigued by Obi-Wan...  He could really be superior to every other one of his figures thus far, but his "mystery" aside I'm pretty content with all the figures except Antilles.

Antilles looks like reusing SOME parts from Organa could've even been easily acheived...  And Organa's a pretty nicely articulated dude.  Not the most exciting figures (either one), however Hasbro could've improved Antilles to at least be as interesting as Organa's figure.  If they do a Tantive IV Commander (Jeremy Bulloch), I hope they at least do him some justice beyond what Antilles got.

I really wanna get the Turbo Tank (*shudder*) driver to see what that aritculation is like...  I'm wondering if he can straddle the seat of the RT and ride it without looking weird.  I'd love to replace that schmuck of a figure it came with.   >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 3, 2005, 02:43 PM »
The only thing that concerns me about the Obi Wan is the rigid plastic used on his skirt.  This will reduce his posability much like what happened to the OTC Jedi Luke.  A soft goods skirt, soft goods cloak and articulated knees for the figure would make it top notch.  Too bad Hasbro has appeared to blow 2 out of 3 things. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 3, 2005, 03:31 PM »
All of these figures look pretty good to me, and I hope to pick up each and every one of them if possible.  Kind of glad figures like Antilles and Zett are being made, nice little bit characters that round out the collection nicely.

Capt. Antillies - I'm a little disappointed with the articulation, like everyone else, but otherwise the figure doesn't look too bad.  Like it was said, I guess he doesn't exactly see a lot of "action" anyways.

Zett - Not too bad, and I can see now why he is deserving of a figure (from the movie).  Of course, if I was Lucas, I'd have an action figure made of my kid for him too.  Just think how cool that would be ;).

Utapau Warrior - This figure, along with the Mustafar Sentry, are pretty much blink and you'll miss them in the film...but they both look kind of cool.

Turbo Tank Driver - A more articulated version of the AT-RT driver basically, and another clone...great with me.

Mustafar Sentry - Same as Utapau above, cool looking alien, and some nice variety to the ROTS display.

Obi Wan - Like it was mentioned, difficult to say how great this is until we see what type of articulation the figure has.  From a likeness/sculpt standpoint, it looks pretty good in the pictures.  Either way, I'm still hoping Obi-Wan cracks the ranks of the Evolution Series...should it continue :).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #18 on: June 3, 2005, 06:01 PM »
That'd be awesome to get an Obi-Wan Evolutions set, as long as the three figures in it came from the prequels. I'm still waiting for a decent robed AOTC Obi-Wan.  ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 4, 2005, 09:30 AM »
Just playing devil's advocate here - what if the pics of the Antilles and Zett figures were prototypes and they both will have the same level of articulation that most Collection 2 figures possess? Since they most likely put the figures in the poster together VERY quickly to get it out there, some of the later figures (#51 - #56) could have been quickly slapped together for photographing.

Take a look at the Turbo Tank Driver in the poster and compare it to the picture from GH. They are NOT the same figure - if you look at the legs, arms, paint detailing, the fact that the poster's figure has the absence of the utility pack strap, etc...

Another factor is to consider the #35 Palpatine figure - that figure was photographed with a correct Sidious lightsaber at some point in the production process. NONE of the figures produced so far have the correct handle for the lightsaber.

The final factor is the interview with the Hasbro Star Wars team member in the latest EE catalogue. While his answers were very vanilla, he did re-iterate the fact that Collection 2 figures contained softgoods and lots of articulation. Antilles and Zett (as pictured) both seem to fall short of the collection 2 standard.

Perhaps it is part wishful thinking on my part, but I hope that these two figures show up in a state that is more befitting ROTS Collection 2 than say POTF2 from 1997.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 5, 2005, 10:49 PM »
Antilles -- pretty good for what he is. I'll probably pass on him and I do see him being a peg warmer.

Zett -- Before I go off on the head, I will state I will get two, one for me and one for my son. Having said that, this guys face reminds me of the Rebel Snow Trooper from the Saga line and both of em remind me of Buzz Lightyear, so I'll call this figure Buzz 2. .

Utapauan Warrior -- Very cool, but I'll be passing.

AT-RT driver -- I am not a completess and whether I get this figure will be determined as to what he looks like in person.

Mustafar Sentry -- Nope, no interest but a very cool figure.

Kenobi Pilot -- Great sculpt, but the question is will he work in Obi Wan's starfighter? My son wants 1 and I'll get 2, one to keep and one to custom since I think the sculpt is cool. 
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 6, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Zett looks awesome! :o