Author Topic: ROTS Burger King Promos  (Read 67021 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Burger King Promos
« Reply #315 on: November 19, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Like most collectible I passed on these when they first came out.  BigDumbWookie is sending me all the OT super D's from the first run so I would like to pass around some good collecting karma to my fellow JDer's.

mosnab / Morbug,

I got you covered on the new breathing Vader if you still want one.  PM me you mailing address.

My BK experience below:

1st trip to my local BK in at 7:00 AM and just asked for two Vaders (one for me and one for BigDumbWookie) no problem 99 cents each.

2nd trip in the PM at another BK - a huge waist of time.

3rd trip to my local BK in the AM - clerk was talking with two co-workers with an empty store and told me she could not look for them as she did not have the time???

4th trip to my local BK this AM - the store manager advised me they did not have week 3, then she came proceeded to the back and came back with a sealed box of 200 or so.  I saw her opened the box and there were 50 each of week 3 and 4 Vaders.  I bought one R2 and x3 Vaders for 99 cents each to help out some JDer's.

I have one extra breathing Vader that I would really like to trade for a Chewie, Ben and Stormtrooper from week 1, pm me if anyone can help out.  I'll throw in a few dollars if needed

These little guys are too cool for school.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 19, 2005, 03:01 PM »
Jesse James,

Do you still need Boga, I noticed a plush lizard at my local BK today and thought that was odd as I did not know that was part of the 17.

Advise.

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #317 on: November 20, 2005, 02:41 AM »
My stupid local franchise is still giving out old toys, either leftovers from the May SW promotion or leftovers from the just-over Wallace and Gromit promotion.  I am so angry. I have called the BK Miami HQ twice and left complaints. They gave me a number for the franchise that leads to some guy's voice mail. I've left two messages there. Finally got a callback from someone else (not sure if he's from the franchise or HQ, he just said "Burger King" and he left a number that's not a local number and no area code. 

Two of the stores have had the new toys on display and the banners up, even tho' they don't have the toys.  Went to another location today, and they had taken the display toys down; don't know if they sold 'em or hid 'em. 

I have, at least, managed to get the watches.  All but Leia so far, and I actually had a call from one of the store managers I've been bitching to, and she told me they had Leia in at their location, so I'll go pick that up Sunday.

I will never set foot in a Burger King again after this fiasco.

When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 20, 2005, 04:55 AM »
My stupid local franchise is still giving out old toys, either leftovers from the May SW promotion or leftovers from the just-over Wallace and Gromit promotion.  I am so angry. I have called the BK Miami HQ twice and left complaints. They gave me a number for the franchise that leads to some guy's voice mail. I've left two messages there. Finally got a callback from someone else (not sure if he's from the franchise or HQ, he just said "Burger King" and he left a number that's not a local number and no area code. 

Two of the stores have had the new toys on display and the banners up, even tho' they don't have the toys.  Went to another location today, and they had taken the display toys down; don't know if they sold 'em or hid 'em. 

I have, at least, managed to get the watches.  All but Leia so far, and I actually had a call from one of the store managers I've been bitching to, and she told me they had Leia in at their location, so I'll go pick that up Sunday.

I will never set foot in a Burger King again after this fiasco.

Wow, what a bunch of stupid douchebags.... ???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 22, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Now that we're two weeks into the promotion, BK locally has put up a sign saying you can get a fulll set of toys and watches with a $50 donation to their children's charity.  That may seem a bit steep, but the watches here without meal purchase are $3 and the toys are $2.

$2 x 17 = $34
$3 x 6 = $18
Total = $52, cheaper plus the huge benefit of the donation to the charity. 

Only problem is I'm now halfway through the toys and have four of the watches.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 23, 2005, 12:25 AM »
Are all the BK's in the world as stupid as mine?

Week 1: go to local BK. Ask for toys. Get all 4.  ;D No Vader.  :(

Week 2: go to local BK. Ask for new toys. Get told yes. Get bag. 4 old toys.  :( get told those are the new ones from the box we just opened.  >:( Argue with cashier (after getting my food already  ;) ) who goes back and finds 3. Tells me "that's all we got this week".  >:( Missing Mace Windu  >:(

Week 3: go to local BK. Ask for toys. Get shown 7 different toys - all 4 from week 1 and the three that I have from week 2. Get told "these are the ones that are in the box we just opened".  ::) Then they bring out a Vader  ;D. But I'm still missing Mace from week 2 and all from week 3  >:(

I can't wait to see what next week brings  :-\

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #321 on: November 23, 2005, 02:22 PM »
Things are looking up in Pensacola, if the two guys I talked to this morning keep their word.

First, I finally got the right number for the higher up that had left the message last week. After I reminded him who I was and why I was mad, he said it was a "misunderstanding" that led to the local stores having the May toys.  They're "working" to get the new ones into the local restaurants.  And, he's going to send me a complete set in the mail, for free, as soon as his people get back from Thanskgiving vacation.  Hopefully that will include Vader.

Then, I had an e-mail from a different district manager than the one who stopped answering my e-mails. Apparently, the city has more than one DM.  He said the new toys should begin arriving Friday, and supposedly he's going to have one of his stores set aside a set for me (again, he didn't say anything about Vader).  I assume I'll have to pay for those, but that's fine, as long as I get one set to open and one set to keep packaged.  I'll probably try to pick up a few extras during the end run, since I have some overseas friends I trade with.

I've got at least one each of all the watches, with a couple of extras (gotta keep one of the Hans with me at all times <G>).

Gift cards - we went in over the weekend and the stupid woman didn't know how to ring them up.  Now, I told her how to ring them up, because I was there for the training session the first time I bought one, but she didn't listen to me).  So, the next day, we went in to the same location, and the cashier said they could just give them away without ringing them up.  So, I completed my set, and got an extra set. 

Hopefully, these two guys from this morning will keep their promises, and the toys are taken care of and I'll be happy.

I'm still not sure I'll eat at Burger King again after the promotion.  It took an awful lot of effort to get this stuff.

Auriette

When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 24, 2005, 10:51 AM »
Auriette,

Good news, let me know if you are unable to track down the breathing Vader.  It sounds like you may.  Good for you for pressing the issue and being an informed and concerned customer.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 28, 2005, 12:32 AM »
Anyone have an extra Yoda and Yoda watch?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 28, 2005, 07:40 AM »
But I'm still missing Mace from week 2 and all from week 3  >:(

I have an extra Mace I can pop in the mail for you if you don't ever come across one.
Just let me know...
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 28, 2005, 05:48 PM »
My BK series is done. I have a complete set coming in the mail from a Snowtrooper here in Canada, saves me time and money tracking the figures down. Hell for $2. CDN per toy plus shipping, me thinks I did well.  8)

In the mail they have arrived.  8)

Done, done and done! 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #326 on: November 28, 2005, 08:41 PM »
Got the last four today, along with an extra Bail they threw in by accident apparently.  I like these a lot, I wish there were more. 

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 29, 2005, 02:25 PM »
I like these a lot, I wish there were more. 

My Jedi Master Yoda toy predicts there will be more. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 30, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Got the last four today, along with an extra Bail they threw in by accident apparently.  I like these a lot, I wish there were more.

So the last wave is out this week then, right?  Sounds like it anyways.  I haven't picked them all up this time around, sticking mainly to the OT ones, and I'd really like to get the Jedi Luke this week (although Yoda and Bail are tempting too, and I kind of wanted to get the R2 from last week but didn't get to a BK).  Also, does anyone know if the watches are still available?  I've thought about getting the rest of those (for the tins if nothing else), but at least would like to get the Return of the Jedi one (and maybe Vader/ROTS).

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #329 on: December 5, 2005, 03:26 AM »
Thanks for the offer to help, DaBigKahuna, but the full set - including the Vader - finally arrived on Friday.  Hallelujah.  I went by one of the local BKs and they had the watch display window, with all the watches in it, put aside for me. Alas the standup part, they said, was destroyed by somebody's kids.  Then I stopped by the other BK that I've gone to the most, and that manager had a fresh drive-thru banner, never used, advertising the watches. Woo-hoo!

We went back to the first one Sunday night, and the manager there said she had it from the district manager to give me the big blow-up Darth Vader from the promotion last May. Apparently it's stuck up in the attic somewhere.  So, we'll go by later that week and dig it out.  Both stores promise me I can get the display kids meal toys when they take 'em down next weekend.  So, from being very frustrated, I'm now pretty darn happy. :)