Author Topic: ROTS Burger King Promos  (Read 67033 times)

SilverZ

ROTS Fast Food/Product Promotions
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 06:11 PM »
Uhoh, are they doing a promotion to give away the Yoda?

I have horrible memories of trying to get the Darth Maul Rite Aid guy back in '99.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 09:21 PM »
This may have been covered already in the thread, but has there been an exact date set for Burger King's promotion, or has there been anything exact released as to what they are going to be doing?  The flyer on "that other site" late last year disappeared before I had a chance to see it, and I didn't know if I should be on the lookout or not.

The Kelloggs stuff is still just trickling out in my neck of the woods.  There was a whole case of the Lava Pop Tarts in front of one of the local WMs, but I'm sticking to my frosted Strawberry Pop-Tarts with sprinkles, thank you very much.  I'm thinking of  :o going back on my statement in another thread somewhere and picking up a box of Froot Loops to get a saber spoon, but if I don't find one, I won't be all torn up about it.

The one thing I do want out of the food promotions this time around is the plush M-Peror.  Keep in mind that I still have a dancing Jar Jar, opened and "batteried up", so that should tell you that I tend to like the sillier stuff when it comes to non-action figure related SW merchandise. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
ROTS Fast Food Promos - Burger King
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 08:51 AM »
I'm looking forward to the Burger King promotion, but I'm really hoping there is some way to just "buy the set" or something.  We're not really big fast food eaters anyways, and I definitely don't think I could eat there 20-30 times or whatever it would take to get all of the collectibles.  We'll see how that goes.  I'm becoming sucked into the M and M promotion as well.  I guess its ok, because I do like me some M&Ms, but I don't need quite that many.  So far I've picked up and kept the packages featuring Han and Chewie, and thought about trying to get the complete, normal sized, package set.  Looking at the checklist, it looks like characters start to get repeated on the packaging...with minor variations on the quotes and/or pictures, so although I think there are like 72 different packages, I might just try to get one each of the characters featured, if I go any further with it.  From what I have seen, these are the characters featured, on various packages:

Anakin Skywalker
C-3PO
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Han Solo
Queen Amidala
Mace Windu
Luke Skywalker
Chewbacca
Princess Leia
Darth Vader
the Emperor
General Grievous
Darth Maul
Clonetrooper
Boba Fett
Count Dooku

I also got my final UPC code for the Star Wars cookie jar offer.  I'm trying to figure out which one to get, or to try to get all three.  Not that we have anywhere to put them anyways :).  Also still hoping to get the other saber spoons, have the red one so far.  There are some other items that look neat as well, like that R2 cereal bowl thingy, and the Anakin/Vader "FX" plate.  I feel like a kid trying to get some of these food products/promos, but they are kind of fun.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 08:53 AM by mosnab »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Good to know Brent.  I don't mind eating there once in awhile either, and actually do enjoy their food for the most part...although it has been awhile since I've had it now....but I just didn't want to have to eat basically solid for a month if I tried to get all of these things.  I'm surprised more details haven't shown up yet regarding this promotion, its been pretty quiet since we first saw the layout months ago.  Isn't it supposed to start like the Monday before the movie or something, I thought I read that somewhere.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 10:53 AM »
I don't recall the start date, but I was thinking the same about the start time for the promotion.  It's actually key to my hopes for a lot of promotions.  Canada is dragging it's backside with respect to promotional items for the most part, so part of me still hopes to see the BK promotion and possibly some of the other promos as well. 

About the only thing that's shown so far that I've found is the M&M packaging.  I've only seen the large packages (my wife bought one for me - Luke) but my wife has apparently seen the smaller packages too.  No dark chocolate though and I love dark chocolate and have been really looking foward to trying the dark M&M's. 

I reckon I should gain about 30 pounds next week in Indy. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 11:48 AM »
Yeah May 16th is supposed to begin the BK promotion.

Has anyone found a green spoon?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 01:56 PM »
Are any of the other Pepsi-sponsored fast food chains going to have SW promotions this summer?  I remember Taco Hell having one for Episode I.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
ROTS Fast Food Promos - Burger King
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 02:30 PM »
No, I think just BK has it this time.

Though just like TPM, there's about 30 toys to track down. ::)

I certainly hope that BK will sell complete sets like they did with the LOTR toys they had.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Fast Food Promos - Burger King
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2005, 09:59 AM »
I certainly hope that BK will sell complete sets like they did with the LOTR toys they had.

I agree, I'm really hoping they do that too.  We're not real big fast food eaters anyways, and certainly not to the extent to pick up 30 different toys.  I would like to get a complete set, they look kind of neat from the pics we've seen from C3.  I guess I'm not real familiar with what happened with the LOTR promotion, but they did offer complete sets?  Did you buy them at the store or have to send in/go online for them?  Just curious.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2005, 09:40 AM »
Galactic Hunter has some information, as well as a big ole group picture, up covering the upcoming Burger King toys.  It sounds like you will get 2 in an adult's meal, and 1 in a kid's meal.  I'm still hoping you can just purchase the whole set somehow, because for some reason, I like these :).

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2005, 10:02 AM »
Im all about these toys! Alas, a fast food promotion covering the entire saga.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2005, 02:20 PM »
*looks at drawer full of Burger King toys from the new promo* :o

Yeah....they're cool. No Vader yet, or Emperor.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2005, 11:28 AM »
Well, the Burger King promotion supposedly starts today, according to this article at the Official Site.  31 Toys in all I believe, with a "wave" released every week for six weeks or so.  At least that is how I understand it.  Is anyone else going to try to collect these?  For some reason, these toys kind of appeal to me, and I'd like to get a whole set....but it might be tough because I'm not really a big fast food eater.  To go from nothing to eating there every day to get those toys, might be a bit extreme.  Maybe wait for a set to show up on ebay or something, or if they somehow offered them individually without the food.  Anyways, is anyone else going to be trying to get the whole batch of figures...or have you found them already?

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2005, 12:11 PM »
Well, here's my BK story, I'll call it BK-I'll have it MY way...thank you.

Called about 10:40, there's one 10 min. from me.
Asked if they had the Vader, The girl stated "there's only one per case and he's gone as of this morning.  Bingo, all I needed to hear. Went down immediately, and asked the Manager the same thing, same response by the girl who I talked to on the phone a few min. before, so, I pulled out the sheet showing that there were 5 per case not one- so I said "According to your story that means there's 4 more Vaders in there right?"  long pause, they look at each other, then the manger says "Well, that means we'd have to dig through the entire case and we just can't do that for every customer"  I said, funny that kid in front of me just had that lady over there dig through the case for a Luke Skywalker figure" aniother long uncomfortable pause, knew I had them....

WEll, long story short I finally got the Vader, just should n;t have to be this difficult.

Then I hear a few things, the manager and the employees are all grumbling "I knew everyone would want this Vader, this is going to be a problem".  We can't go digging through the case everytime someone wants a figure, just give them any and they'll have to take it.  Then 3 or 4 of them were trying to figure out what the actual promotion was, wether or not it was 1 per meal, 2 per meal, $1.26 per figure or per every 2 figures.

What a mess.  How hard it is to find ANY help let alone good help these days.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Well that is interesting, since everyone is saying that the Vader is only one per case.  Is the sheet listing the number of Vaders on the website? 

As for these items from BK, yeah, I'll probably try for them.  They're supposed to start here too, but none in the town I work in. 

As with all things, hot early, cheap later.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.