Author Topic: ROTS Burger King Promos  (Read 67042 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: ROTS Fast Food Promos - Burger King
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2005, 02:17 PM »
Well i got the first 5, but no luck on the Vader. They wouldnt dig through the case for me. :(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2005, 02:18 PM »
Let me know what you need (Sans Vader, as I dont have him) and I might be able to hook you up, evenflow.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2005, 03:26 PM »
No luck with Vader here either. At one of the BK's, the "just opened" case that they brought out as soon as BK opened seemed to be mysteriously devoid of Vader figures. "Well, we just opened it". Really? Do you know why there aren't any Darth Vader figures? "Well, I dont know, maybe we didnt get any".
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2005, 03:30 PM »
Thought about checking out our closest BK after work today, but we'll have to see.  Part of me is considering just trying to pick up the whole lot on ebay, instead of having to go in there each week and ask to rifle through their boxes.  Plus, I don't think I could ever eat enough fast food to get all of the toys.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2005, 06:27 PM »
Stopped by BK and all I can say is you get what you pay for.  And I mean the help they hire. Idiots.  Sorry, Ill pay a little extra for a set on Ebay.  Will prevent me from getting doubles and my diet will appreciate it.  If there are 31 items and a meal costs what $3-4?  Your looking at around $60-70 for set? 

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2005, 08:57 PM »
Got Vader, Luke, Han & Wicket today!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2005, 10:01 PM »
Stopped by BK and all I can say is you get what you pay for.  And I mean the help they hire. Idiots.  Sorry, Ill pay a little extra for a set on Ebay.  Will prevent me from getting doubles and my diet will appreciate it.  If there are 31 items and a meal costs what $3-4?  Your looking at around $60-70 for set? 

Completely mixed messages and pricing all over the place.  Depends on the particular BK what you can get away with.  I got a kids meal and was resoundingly reminded that I neither need nor like the food there :-X

Ebay it will be, if at all. 

FUnny thing is I really thought they looked cool at C3, today in the display they looked kinda crappy.  Of course no Vader in the display, those all went this morning ::)  Not worth the time and effort.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JuvyD

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2005, 11:03 PM »
I got the run around at a few BK's.  Two different BK's only had 1 figure and that was it....and they don't tell you that until after you've bought your kids meal (legit) and bought the value jedi meal to purchase two additional toys.  Like I really wanted 3 Jabbas ::)...thanks BK. Another BK asked me which two I wanted and after I told them..they said sorry, we can'tgo thru the bags and pick them out.  So I said I would...(which they wouldn't let me do)...so what was the point of asking me again which two I wanted??  The best I could do was sweat talk one of the young female cashiers to grab one for me later on as she came across a Vader.  She said if I came back on Friday when she works again, she'd have one set aside for me....I have a feeling I won't be getting DV this Friday :-[  End result for the day..$13 spent, the dog ate alot of fries and I got 3 Jabbas and 3 Bespin Lukes.....eBay is looking really good about now!

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2005, 07:14 AM »
I bit the bullet and ordered a set on ebay.  Cheaper than buying a meal for each toy plus fast food does not agree with me and I get sick 80% of time.   From a health standpoint I did the right thing.  Granted I could of bought the meals and tossed the food, but why bother. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2005, 09:09 AM »
I'm really leaning towards going the ebay route as well.  I haven't visited BK yet (wasn't feeling well yesterday the way it was), but thought about going today....but now, the more I think about it, the more I know that I don't want to eat that much fast food to get these toys.  I'd like to get a set, and I could (hopefully) find one just as cheap online...without all the artery clogging food :).  Now its time to figure out what is a decent price to pay for a set, how much do the actual toys cost you at BK?  I've heard anywhere from $0.58 to $1.50ish, depending on if you buy a meal.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2005, 09:26 AM »
I am not sure why they didnt just sell you the toys. They were 0.95 each.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2005, 09:57 AM »
I was able to purchase all 5 plus the Vader for .99.  Going at off peak hours seems to net better customer service.

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2005, 10:18 AM »
I was able to purchase all 5 plus the Vader for .99.  Going at off peak hours seems to net better customer service.

Excellent score...  I'm having trouble finding the Vader.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2005, 10:36 AM »
The ebay logic to me was the fact I dont care for fast food and did not want to deal with trying to track down every item.  I put a price in my head that I was willing to pay $2 for each piece.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2005, 11:20 AM »
Well, I said I wasn`t gonna buy these at BK, just hit eBay, but I was jonesin for
a shake today. I got a shake and a fry and 2 toys. After I paid, the manager told
the cashier that from now on, you had to buy a meal to get the figs.
Oh well, got me a Jabba and a Falcon. I will probably just hit eBay for the rest, but
I also have my scouts out there who go to BK a lot, and don`t care for SW in the least  ;)
Adam