Author Topic: ROTS Burger King Promos  (Read 67208 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Fast Food Promos - Burger King
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Ran to the closest BK after lunch (didn't want to eat there), to see if I could pick up all or some of the Week 2 offerings, but no dice.  I got the whole first wave (plus Vader) there last week, no problems, but now they say you can't buy them individually (they sold them for 99 cents each, limit of 2 per day last week), only with the value meals.  Sorry, but I just can't stomach (no pun intended) that much BK food each week.  To ebay I go.  Hopefully it won't be too pricey to pick up the week by week waves, maybe having the Vader already will help some.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Burger King Promos
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2005, 09:22 PM »
How hard is it to run a promo like this? I went to 1 BK today - and they had week 1 toys. Apparently, they gave out week 2 last week  ::)

So I went to another BK in town, and they had week 3 toys... they gave out both week 1 and 2 last week  ::)

So now what am I supposed to do? I guess the good news is that I don't need to eat any BK next week.

With all these food promos (BK, Kelloggs, Keebler, M&M's, etc.) Lucas should partner up with a local gym so I can work off some of the pounds I'm putting on just so I can get all these figure, posters, banks, cookie jars, saber spoons... and everything else I'm buying all this crap to get.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2005, 09:47 PM »
Cool, I was curious.  Because I know that some of them do stuff like jump :D, squirt water, run but I couldn't figure out what Vader does.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2005, 03:36 PM »
They put out week 2 locally yesterday and like a dummy, I figured I'd be safe to just go pick them up today.  Got 4 out of 5 (no Chewbacca) so I'll have to wait until this is all done and see what I can snag off of Ebay.
Beth

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2005, 08:54 AM »
Since this promotion started, I've stopped by Burger King three times now.  The first week, my wife and I went there to actually eat (mainly to get the toys, but we each got a meal), so we got a "Jedi Meal" and each got two toys with our purchase.  They just let me pick the toys right out of the box, open the bags and everything and I picked up Han, Luke, Jabba, and the Falcon.  After eating, I thought I'd ask them if they sold them individually as well.  The worker said "yes, for 99 cents, but limit of two per day".  Fine, not too bad, so I buy two and find a Vader and pick up a Wicket as well.  All set for week one.

Thinking that I could buy two each day, I went in on Wednesday to see if they had the new wave.  I asked if I could purchase some of their Star Wars toys, and the worker then went to her manager and came back and told me that "since these are a promotion, we will only sell them with the "Jedi Meal", we can't sell them individually".  I said ok, thanks and was on my way, figuring I would go to ebay for the rest.  Then yesterday, after we went to a 1 p.m. showing of ROTS, I stopped off at this same BK again, just to see if it made a difference who was working.  I asked again if they sold the toys seperately, and they said sure...99 cents each, how many do you want?  They brought a cardboard box lid up with an assortment of what they had, and I picked up a Chewie, Darth Maul, R2, and the X-Wing (they didn't have Yoda...drat).  BK seems to be quite inconsistent with these, but hopefully they will continue selling them seperately....I don't want the food really :P.  I was happy to get most of the Week 2 offerings, but it is a little frustrating being 1 short ;).

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2005, 09:34 AM »
At least you got the Vader.  It will be a lot easier to get a Yoda.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2005, 01:00 PM »
I got some yesterday but they would not sell them at all.  I could only get them with a happy meal or magic chest as they call it here.  Si I went to a few other BKs and that was the policy.  So I went back with my two nieces and ate there.  I got the plushy Boga and General Grevious.

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2005, 12:08 AM »
A dark path has begun....

My wife grabbed a couple for me :'(  Luke and the Falcon. 

We were out today and went back ::)  Chewbacca, X-wing and Yoda.  Yoda's flipping action is really cool. :-X

Guess if anyone can help out with a Vader, I'd be happy to take it :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2005, 01:15 PM »
Chewbacca was back at BK today and the girl tried to find me a Darth Vader but no luck.

I did realize, though, that I don't like Bk french fries and my son is going to get sick of chicken sandwiches soon. :P
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 06:02 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2005, 03:48 PM »
Maybe when this promo is over, they'll have so many left over that they'll sell complete sets somehow. I can do without Vader, but I would like a nearly-complete set without eating all that BK food.

Plus I have about three Jabbas now that they won't let me trade for a different one.  >:( I'm tired of that one.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2005, 08:57 AM »
We stopped by a different BK across town yesterday on our way home from church, and I asked if they sold the toys seperately...and they said yes....and I was able to pick up the Yoda I was missing.  Two weeks down, four to go...and I've only had to eat one meal there, and I plan on that being the last one :P.

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2005, 10:19 AM »
We stopped by a different BK across town yesterday on our way home from church, and I asked if they sold the toys seperately...and they said yes....and I was able to pick up the Yoda I was missing.  Two weeks down, four to go...and I've only had to eat one meal there, and I plan on that being the last one :P.

Cool!  I'm glad you got your Yoda.   ;)
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Thanks...I was glad to find it too.  I didn't want to have to go to ebay to pick up one individually, where if I found it locally I could get it for 99 cents.  I was looking at the toys I've picked up so far last night, and really, to me these aren't too bad of little toys for a buck each.  I'd still rather BK would sell the entire sets of them, instead of having to stop in each week trying to find them, but it is a fun little collection overall I think.  The Yoda "flipping" action works pretty nicely :P.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Got lucky today. A local BK was clearing out the last of weeks 1 and 2, and I got the last ones I needed, so I'm only down Chewie and Vader.  Not bad.

I have an extra Han and Jabba, but if I can't trade them off, I know some kids who would love to have them.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2005, 04:21 PM »
I finally picked up a Vader today.  I also got Obi-Wan with my meal.  Anyone have an extra Yoda.  I missed him.