Author Topic: ROTS Burger King Promos  (Read 67197 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Burger King Promos
« Reply #285 on: November 10, 2005, 10:57 AM »
The lady at the counter was quite friendly, but it wasn't easy to bite my tongue when she called me a Trekkie.   >:(  ;)

That's what my cab driver called me at C3 :D  I gently explained to her that I understood her confusion but she'd better be careful as some of the more militant fans might not take her mistake so kindly. 

I forgot to mention I have an extra series 1 Vader to trade for the second Vader if anyone's interested.  It's a little early to panic about not finding one, but at least I have something decent to trade. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 10, 2005, 01:16 PM »
Why the hell I sucked myself back into this madness I have no idea but I went to both BK's here in Hillbilly country and they stated that I can't pick and choose who I want.  I got whoever was in the rolled up bag, even though I purchased two extra and the girl understood the reason why.  I wasn't at all pleased with that but lucked out and got Mace, Snowspeeder and Queen Amidala.  Then, I bought two gift cards (and made them give me two different ones) and went to the other BK (getting the same song and dance about not being able to hand pick what I needed) and ended up scoring Chewbacca.  So....I assume I missed week one figures even though this promo started on Monday.  I did get two cool gift cards (Luke and Maul) and need to go back and get Leia and Han. 

All in all, now that I have once again started this crazy collecting cycle, I do like the figures.  I'll have to contact the network back in the U.P. and see what they can do for me.  Nothing moves that fast up there!! ;)
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 10, 2005, 03:56 PM »
I can help if you like Beth.  You're clearly into week two stuff. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #288 on: November 10, 2005, 04:26 PM »
Why the hell I sucked myself back into this madness I have no idea but I went to both BK's here in Hillbilly country and they stated that I can't pick and choose who I want.

That sucks. >:(
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #289 on: November 10, 2005, 05:59 PM »
Got the first 8, no luck on Vader yet. Ithought i got lucky with Vader but it ended up being the old one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #290 on: November 11, 2005, 01:03 AM »
We had lunch on Monday at one of the local Burger Kings, asked if they had the SW toys in, the stupid woman tells me yes, then proceeds to give me the old toys.  On Wednesday, I called several BK locations, and the only ones that had any toys in said they had the old ones.

Thursday, my husband called the same one where we ate on Monday, and the woman told him they had the new toys in, but weren't allowed to open the boxes until they got rid of all the old ones.

I'll be calling the BK HQ in Miami Friday morning to complain. This is a national campaign. They should have to let you have new toys.
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 11, 2005, 03:32 PM »
During the first promotion, one BK near me eventually sold bundles that included one of each toy. I'm hoping they do the same again because I refuse to shovel that much crap into my body again.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 11, 2005, 07:43 PM »
Got Amidala today. Still need Anakin and Vader.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #293 on: November 11, 2005, 10:46 PM »
Jeez, I just got the week 1 stuff. I had to go to two different ones to get them, and I didn't get Vader.
I doubt I'll pull my hair out over finding this one. Why they made it a chase again is beyond me.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #294 on: November 11, 2005, 11:12 PM »
I got the new Vader today  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 12, 2005, 08:34 AM »
I am assuiming, if I go by the little booklet that is in with each figure, that  the columns are NOT the order of the weeks.  Jill picked me up Obi-Wan and a Stormtrooper in Marquette, MI so I am stumped as to what I need.  I might have missed R2D2 but I have the Esky crew working on that.  My niece called and said she got me a Vader so I owe her big time.  I guess that it must be easier (in larger cities) to just pre-bag the toys so maybe I was out of line in my rant yesterday.  I know Ann Arbor, MI will let you pick what you need and it's a helluva lot bigger than Chilli but I guess it's per franchise. 

I can help if you like Beth. You're clearly into week two stuff.

Anyhow.......I think I'll be able to get the figures I want (no Emperor or ships for me) so I should be ok but thank you!!!!!!! :D

Now, onto the gift cards.  I only had to put $5.00 on the two I got but my daughter said she had to put $10.00 on hers.  According to BK's website, it IS $10.00 so I lucked out on that as I want all 6 promo cards and I sure don't need $60.00 worth of BK food!!!  (Well, maybe dessert ;)).
Beth

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #296 on: November 12, 2005, 07:23 PM »
Beth, Week 1 is:

Chewbacca Galactic Spinner
Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Wisdom
Snowspeeder Cosmic Cruiser
Stormtrooper Shadow Caster
Darth Vader Breathing Sounds

The second week consists of:

Anakin Skywalker Galactic Spinner
Mace Windu Jedi Wisdom
Naboo Fighter Cosmic Cruiser
Queen Amidala Shadow Caster
Darth Vader Breathing Sounds

During the first promotion, one BK near me eventually sold bundles that included one of each toy. I'm hoping they do the same again because I refuse to shovel that much crap into my body again.

Actually, the BKs near me are only selling them separately (well, outside of the kids meals). They aren't doing the "Adult Value Meal" things this time.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 07:27 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2005, 03:08 PM »
Got the Obi-Wan/Maul watch at BK.  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2005, 07:16 PM »
I wasn't going to get the watches, but when I saw them in those tins, I had to get them.

I'm a sucker like that.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2005, 07:42 PM »
Yay, I got Vader and Anakin today. On to weeks 3 and 4. 8)