Author Topic: Tonner  (Read 2074 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Tonner
« on: February 21, 2008, 07:07 PM »
Anyone here collect the Tonner doll lines?  I was looking over the Toy Fair photos of the new Harry Potter items and they have some really cool stuff coming including Snape, Fawkes and Hedwig plus Harry, Hermione and Ron with a sorting hat.

The likeness on some of the characters may not be 100% but they're all very close and even if they just miss there's still usually something they nail like the eyes or something.

The Mary Jane figure from the Spider-Man line, for example. At first look I didn't see the Kirsten Dunst likeness but the eyes definitely make the face.  Same with the Elizabeth Swan figures from the PotC line.  The eyes and the profile of the face are very Keira Knightley.

Plus all the outfits and accessories are very well done. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Re: Tonner
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 09:29 PM »
I've always thought the female characters looked great, but the males always came up short.  Seeing them in person completely changed my mind on some of them though.  The males might not be *spot on* but for the most part they look really good.  There were a couple (Jack Sparrow, Peter Parker) that look a bit feminine, but others like Snape, Will Turner and others looked really good.

I really dug the Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz lines they had on display at Toy Fair.  The Wicked Witch of the East was a pretty cool concept.

Here's our Tonner Toy Fair gallery in case anyone's intersted.

John

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Tonner
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 10:26 PM »
Actually, those Wizard of Oz figures are awesome looking.  The Cowardly Lion is great.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"