Author Topic: Attakus Star Wars Dioramas  (Read 31862 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Attakus Star Wars Dioramas
« Reply #30 on: June 4, 2005, 12:50 AM »
What more can I say that hasn't already been said?  Amazing, simply amazing.

Those pictures are just awe inspiring.  But once I pick my jaw up off the floor, I remember Attakus is making these, which is obviously a good thing for quality, but price?  I'm scared to know. 

And space?  That's likely an even bigger factor.  Hmmm... perhaps on the entertainment unit above the TV?  That'd be cool, just at eye level for close inspection. 

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 8, 2005, 10:44 AM »
Man oh Man!  Those new shots lead me to believe 1. that this thing is going to be amazingly detailed and 2. frickn' expensive.  I will be very surprised if they can put these out for less than a grand each. :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 8, 2005, 11:31 AM »
Those new pics today (on the front page)...wow, just amazing.  I would so like to pick these up someday, but I'm guessing the pricepoint is going to be waaay out of my range unfortunately.  They look outstanding though, if only Hasbro could give us something like that...in (cheaper) plastic, in pieces so we could afford it.  Oh well, at least there are going to be detailed sets one way or another, I just hope the majority of people who want them can afford them.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #33 on: June 9, 2005, 05:52 AM »
oh man i almost wet myself seeing those pics. the amazing detail is unbelievable. the sheer scale of it all is outstanding. price of course is going to be the big problem, but hey maybe hasbro will help us out by not having a lot of new figures out so we can focus are money on this. :) sure glad I have self control.... hahaha
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: June 9, 2005, 06:11 AM »
I don't...

Sadly, I am desperately wanting a complete Death Star set, and at least half that Dagobah set (the Hut part).  To me, the Dagobah set's even better really, just because it's as complete as it gets really, but the Death Star set...  I could just see building the OTHER half of that Falcon to fit with the half they give ya...  OOOOOOoooo man.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 9, 2005, 04:12 PM »
It just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?  Those pics on the Attakus forums are simply mind boggling. 

I think I've reached the point where I've accepted that the price will be so out of my range that I don't even have to worry about how I'm going to afford them.  'Cause I won't be able to.  So I'll just "enjoy" the pics, I guess.   :-\

edit... Attakus seems to be asking me for a password to get to the pictures now.  Perhaps you need to be a forum member for access now? 
« Last Edit: June 9, 2005, 04:13 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 9, 2005, 04:37 PM »
Drat!  Do you have to be a  member of the Attakus forums to view this stuff?  What's better is that there's no indication of how to join said forums.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 9, 2005, 04:49 PM »
Exactly my problem.  I was surfing around their site and I couldn't figure out how to join the forums.  Very strange, I was able to see the pics 10 minutes before my post.   ???

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 9, 2005, 06:34 PM »
I clicked on one of the links earlier, and it looked as though the site had been hacked.  Hmmmm.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 9, 2005, 06:52 PM »
Anyone else laughing at the guy in the neckbrace in the back?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2005, 10:43 AM »
Holy hell...

This sucker is shaping up to be approximately 63" in length... that's over FIVE FEET LONG!

I can't wait until we start getting some nice close-ups of the interior of this thing.  I'm almost at the point now where I don't care what it costs, it will be mine!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2005, 10:45 AM »
 :o Wow, that is nice.  I'm scared to think of what it will cost, but it would really be a nice piece to get.  Time to start saving, look for things to sell, or get another job ;).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2005, 10:50 AM »
63"...where the heck do you display something that big?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2005, 10:54 AM »
That's true Scott.  I know I run out of room with the basic figure stuff the way it is, I don't know how someone could have the space for these sets if the continue them.  It would be nice if you did though ;).  It is too bad Hasbro or someone couldn't do more affordable, plastic versions of playsets like this, priced in the lower hundreds or whatever.  They sure look neat, but like I said, I'm really scared of what the price will be, especially at that size.  Yikes.  Looks great though.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2005, 11:06 AM »
I'm going to start saving cash for it and making room for it right now...

63" is incredible!  You'll need a nice 5.5 foot table to put it on I guess.  Might be time to retire my Geonosis Arena display table and put this in it's place.

I still cannot fathom how much this thing will end up costing once it's all said and done - it's gonna put a BIG hurt on next years budget, that's for sure!   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender