Author Topic: Attakus Star Wars Dioramas  (Read 31869 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Attakus Star Wars Dioramas
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2005, 09:35 AM »
Yeah, it will be interesting to see if those figures are at all accurate or not.  Hopefully there will be some official word sometime soon.  I really don't know where to guess with the diorama itself, but I'm guessing it is going to be pricey.  $3000?  That's awfully high, and I'd really think the people that could pick something up at that price would be quite limited.  I know I certainly couldn't, no way.  I'm not sure where the price for that will end up though, could be $3000, could be less than $1000...too hard to judge.  $125 for each of those little figures seems a bit off though.  Maybe for the whole lot of them or something, but like Jeff mentioned they charge that for their statues.  I would think these figures would be considerably less.  I hope we get some official pricing info on this sometime soon, I'm sure I won't be able to afford it regardless, but it would just be interesting to know.  I agree with CHEWIE, I wish we could see a plasticy version of this priced in the $100-$200ish range, I think you'd see a lot more people biting the bullet on something like that.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 09:36 AM by mosnab »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 8, 2005, 10:15 AM »
In the latest Q and A at Galactic Hunter, Adam mentions the upcoming Attakus Falcon diorama, and possible pricing.  Here's the question and his answer.  If this is true, yikes!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. A few months back I remember seeing some pics of a Millenium Falcon/Death Star Hanger cut-away display piece from (maybe?) Sideshow or Master Repilcas or somebody like that which was AMAZING. Do you know the status of this piece.... the SIZE (3 3/4 or smaller?)... the cost... and when it is coming out? In a recent interview with Steve Sansweet on one of the on-line sites (cant remeber which one--maybe Yakface) he seemed to vaguely refer to this piece and I was curious to get more specifics. If youve seen the photos Im referring to, they sort of represent what Im talking about regarding Hasbro sublicensing the vehicle and playset sales to someone else.
--Rash -Flembar

A few months ago I mentioned this item, and it's the Attakus Millennium Falcon diorama. Last I heard, it'd be available in two pieces (the Death Star being the other) and it'd be expensive. Previously, I said to expect prices far above $500-- naturally, I got a lot of nasty emails indicating that obviously, I know nothing of how much things of this nature sell for. To you, I'd like to say you were right-- because the price is, according to at least one source, over four thousand dollars.

So, for those of you thinking this would be a good piece to get to augment your figure collection, well, forget about it. I know maybe two or three of you reading this can afford that, but as I am not one of these people, well, maybe it isn't good for Hasbro to sublicense such an item. There simply aren't enough collectors around to support items of that price range, which is why this particular one will be limited in the hundreds.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
Re: Attakus Dioramas... 3.75" Scale?
« Reply #62 on: September 8, 2005, 09:02 PM »
Where can I get one or two of these?  I don't care what they cost.  If they cost four grand each I'll still get them, I'll just pay for them for the next five years in installments. 
Seriously who is a reputable vendor for Attakus?  With the limited production quantities and quick sellouts I am nervous.  This is a must have.  A must.
Maybe I should consider alittle more carefully. :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2005, 03:18 AM »
Yeah, as much as I want/need these, no way in hell I'm picking them up if they're anywhere close to that amount.  I doubt I'd go over a grand for any of them...

Sucks if that $4,000 amount proves true.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 04:19 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2005, 12:33 AM »
Yup, that's a fast way to kill any hope of owning that.

I can build something just as accurate for penny's on the dollar.  And likely more durable/sturdy, maybe better features...  So funk dat.

Too bad too, as I really was interested in these as shelf displays for figures.  Even the Yoda Hut looked amazing and worth picking up if they were remotely reasonable.  I couldn't even see $400 for these, much less $4,000.  What a reaming.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: October 1, 2005, 11:50 PM »
ToyPalace has posted some new info on the sets...

http://toypalace2.shoppingserver.de/start.mv?L=English

"Attakus Metall Diorama Millennium Falcon - PREORDER 12/05 

Limited to just 400 pieces. Comes with excl. Mouse Droid Metall Figure. Measurements of the Diorama: ca. 120 cm x 80 cm. Weight: ca 20 kg. Will be shipped in three large boxes free of charge to any destination in the world (only with DHL, no UPS shipping possible !). Also available: Death Star Hall Diorama (can be connected to the Millennium Falcon Diorama) and individual Metallfiguren, which you can purchase seperately from us. Pictured Metal Figures are not included except the non pictured Mouse Droid."

Yep, JUST the Falcon portion will run you $2400 US.   :o

And then there is this...

"Attakus Metall Diorama Diorama Death Star Hall - PREORDER 12/05 

Limited to just 400 pieces. Comes with excl. Luke Stormtrooper Metall Figure. Measurements of the Diorama: ca. TBD cm x TBD cm. Weight: ca 20 kg. Will be shipped in three large boxes free of charge to any destination in the world (only with DHL, no UPS shipping possible !). Also available: Millennium Falcon Diorama (can be connected to the Death Stars Hall Diorama) and individual metal figures, which you can purchase separately from us. Pictured metal figures are not included except the non pictured Luke Stormtrooper metal figure."

This portion will set you back about $750.

Similar prices at a few other European e-tailers...  :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 2, 2005, 01:52 AM »
After seeing that price, I can see why they're limiting these to 400 pieces.  Yowza. 

SilverZ

« Reply #67 on: October 2, 2005, 03:01 AM »
Any US retailers post preorders yet?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #68 on: October 2, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Really nice pieces, and arguably worth the price, but way too pricey for me.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 3, 2005, 09:11 AM »
Zoinks.  Like it was mentioned, they are beautiful pieces and definitely worth the price...but way out of my price range too.  I'll look forward to seeing more pics of it though, that's for sure.  Too bad Hasbro or someone couldn't do something similar, in several pieces, in plastic to make it a little more reasonable.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 3, 2005, 10:00 AM »
I think I'll wait until they go on clearance. ;)

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #71 on: October 3, 2005, 01:12 PM »
So, after a few days to digest the price, and even though it's not really in my price range, I'm going to do it.

It's just too great of a piece to not get and is actually just the type of item I've always wanted. It has a high end feel and should work well with regular figures. I can't resist it.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: October 3, 2005, 01:52 PM »
So, after a few days to digest the price, and even though it's not really in my price range, I'm going to do it.

I've heard that StarWarsShop may be getting in a few of them to sell, you might want to keep an eye out to see if they can do better than the European prices (although the shipping might kill you).   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 3, 2005, 03:50 PM »
Another picture that I hadn't seen before, found at YodasNews.com.  It really does look amazing.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 3, 2005, 09:41 PM »
Wow!  It is amazing.  Unfortunately it is way to expensive for me.  Hell I can barely afford Evlotution 3 packs right now let alone that thing.  Very awesome though.