Author Topic: Attakus Star Wars Dioramas  (Read 31924 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Attakus Dioramas... 3.75" Scale?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 11:38 AM »
Well, these look like they will fit in well with the 3-3/4" line, right?

I think I would pass on the figures, but will try to buy this Death Star set.  It looks perfect and what every Star Wars diorama builder needs.  I'm guessing it's about 4 feet long?

As for other ones, this line is gonna be so expensive that I think I would have to just pick and choose which ones I can get.

:P

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
Re: Attakus Star Wars Dioramas
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 12:28 AM »
Updated pics of the Attakus Dioramas are up at the Official Site:
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20050516.html

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 01:20 AM »
These take up too much room, besides for the cost. Plus there looks to be too many  small fragile parts.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 09:26 AM »
I just hope that months and months go by before we even now about the price.
Gatillo
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Attakus Dioramas... 3.75" Scale?
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 12:17 PM »
Wow! If these weren't 3 3/4", I'd barely give these a second thought, but they are, so now my tenticals are flapping.

Yeah, cost and space are going to be the big concerns. Unless I buy a bigger house, and Hasbro doesn't release any product for 4 months back to back, I'm going to have to admire someone elses. :-[
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2005, 12:32 PM »
I merged the 2 Attackus Threads.   I'll leave this merged version in the "Other Collectible" section for now since it is not a Hasbro 3.75" figure item (even though it seems to be geared towards that).    ;)

I hope I never see one of these in person or I will probably want it...  :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2005, 01:45 PM »
Wow, wow, wow.  I think I'll bite on a Yoda's Hut.  That was my personal favorite Kenner playset growing up and Hasbro has some kickass figures to match

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2005, 01:48 PM »
Everything we have seen so far looks pretty amazing to me too.  I'm awfully tempted by that Dagobah set as well, I always wanted the vintage one as a kid.  Probably be easier (and cheaper) to pick that one up :P.  The Falcon looks neat to me as well.  These will likely be out of my price range unfortunately, but if not, I'd like to pick these up.  They look great.

SilverZ

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 04:58 PM »
Oh, no. Those look beautiful.  :-\ I’m fearful of the cost, and I’m depressed that my willpower will never stand a chance against the need to have these in my house. Dammit.

I’m assuming that we’ll see a Cantina and Jabba’s Palace eventually.  At least there is hope that I’ll one day have a dais for Hasbro’s assortment of disappointing Jabbas.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2005, 08:18 PM »
See how easy it is to please us?  Just think, if Hasbro made these EXACT same sets, but out of plastic, and sold them for $100-120, we'd all be going crazy!

Attackus knew exactly what they were doing by making these to the Hasbro figure scale.  In a way, I'm surprised Lucasfilm let them.

You know, I'll have to see what else is coming out next year...maybe my completist days are over, and my "high-end" days are coming.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2005, 08:38 PM »
Hasbro would do it in a heartbeat if they could get shelf space and retail support which would never, ever happen at the pricepoint these will be

Any guesses as to that pricepoint? 

$200 a set? $400 for each and $800 for all 4?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Yeah, I'm quite fearful of the costs as well, and off the top of my head, I may guess around $250 per piece ($1,000 total).  But I think a greater cause for concern is going to be space.  These things are MASSIVE.  I have no freaking clue where I could put the both of these.  Certainly not in my collection room...  :-\

Damned beautiful though - both of them.  And dammit, if they do the Cantina and Jabba's Palace next, I'll totally wet myself.

Another huge dilemna with these sets, is whether to actually collect the metal figures as well?  ****.  I dunno.  I want them as dioramas for the 4" Hasbro line, but I just know that I'm not going to be able to pass on the corresponding Attakus figures, lest the sets aren't "complete" (yeah, shut up!)

I'd likely get the figures too, and wind up displaying them separately elsewhere.  Wonder what they'll run...  Maybe about $20 each?  :-\

Ugh.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2005, 08:57 AM »
Another huge dilemna with these sets, is whether to actually collect the metal figures as well?  ****.  I dunno.  I want them as dioramas for the 4" Hasbro line, but I just know that I'm not going to be able to pass on the corresponding Attakus figures, lest the sets aren't "complete" (yeah, shut up!)

Yeah, this is my fear too... that I break down and buy these sets only to really like the figures and want to buy those too!   :(

I'd guess that's the whole reasonwhy Attackus is packing one of the figures in the sets though, to get you started - can't have just one figure from a line after all!  :-[
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: June 3, 2005, 08:49 PM »
Still thinking about and drooling over these beauties, and wondering how much change I'm gonna have to be saving up for them.  Still no new news on them so far.  Unfortunately, I'm starting to think I'm gonna "have to" get these figures as well.  Here's a visual refresher course on the Falcon/Death Star sets...

Some other pix here and here.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2005, 08:51 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: June 3, 2005, 08:56 PM »
And here's some shots of the Dagobah one again...

More pix here.