Author Topic: RE #3 - ANTI-JEDI Special Edition  (Read 3674 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
RE #3 - ANTI-JEDI Special Edition
« on: May 18, 2005, 10:34 AM »
ANTI-JEDI

The small planet of Naboo has been saved.  However, the
Galactic Republic has entered a time of uncertainty, as hundreds of
systems have threatened to secede as many government leaders
disagree with the charges facing the well respected Trade Federation,

As the fragile Republic government struggles to maintain order, terrorist attacks
by the Badoo Corba organization  have taken the lives of thousands of
innocent civilians throughout the Republic capital of Coruscant. 

In an attempt to route the terrorists out, the Jedi Order has been permitted
 by the Supreme Chancellor to aid the overwhelmed Republic Peace Officers
in their investigation.  Meanwhile, one of the greatest of all Jedi has left
the Jedi Order…

And that, my friends, is the end of the "Anti-Jedi Special Edition."  Stay tuned for part 4 - the "Slaughter on Munist Special Edition."

:P
« Last Edit: October 3, 2005, 12:23 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: RE #3 - ANTI-JEDI Special Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 04:48 PM »
I have to look at the old version again to note the changes, but I do have a few comments already.

I assume after Tylin tries to shoot Shundi, he throws down on all of them really fast, and that's why Rykrof is suddenly waking up in bed. However, the story doesn't really make it clear what happened.

Also, I think it would have been more interesting had Rykrof decided to take  Yoda at his word, but still had some slight suspicion of the Jedi in general. After all, the Jedi are kind of a secretive order, and your rank and file citizens would have a certain amount of distrust.  Not to mention this would better set up Rykrof's eventual dilemma when you get to the events of Episode III.

Also, this story reminded me of the fact that I'd like to see a longer chapter from you...or at least a storyline or battle that takes more than one chapter to resolve. For example, at some point, Rykrof should be caught up in a larger, longer campaign than these "hit and run" missions he's mostly assigned. I also think planning out a longer arc will help you grow as a writer.

It looks great though, and there's some fun customs in here. I like how Xizor was used, and how he looks younger here...nice work. And Shundi is a VERY fun design.

I'll have more once I have time to compare it to the original.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 03:05 PM »
Thanks DD - actually people said almost the exact same thing about it when it first came out about 5-6 months ago.  I think you are right, I could have had more happen with the confrontation and Rykrof's thoughts towards it - but in the "Special Edition" I didn't want to really change anything in it as to the actual storyline.  Just some better effects.  And there was only one new picture in this one (Palpatine meeting Windu).

Thanks for the comments, if anyone has any more I'd like to hear them.   :)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 02:09 PM »
Nice ties to Shadows of the Empire, that was very cool.  Are all of the figures that you use customized to some degree?  It looks like many of them have received the famous CHEWIE-drybrushing. 
I agree with Darth Delicious that a longer storyline that doesn't get wrapped up in 1 chapter would be pretty cool.  Still, you've got some great stories here, they're very engaging. :)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 03:40 PM »
Nice ties to Shadows of the Empire, that was very cool.  Are all of the figures that you use customized to some degree?  It looks like many of them have received the famous CHEWIE-drybrushing. 
I agree with Darth Delicious that a longer storyline that doesn't get wrapped up in 1 chapter would be pretty cool.  Still, you've got some great stories here, they're very engaging. :)

Hi Greg, most of them are customized to some degree, but not all.  I try to throw in as many customs as possible.  There will be a longer storyline in upcoming stories; I am thinking of making a trilogy series later that will be about one major event in the Clone Wars.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 3, 2005, 12:24 AM »
Back online.... and man, the pics are absolutely terrible!   I really didn't realize how horrible these first ones looked.