Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 75022 times)

Offline JuvyD

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas, mini sabers
« Reply #210 on: April 6, 2005, 07:48 PM »
If anyone lives in an area where these are available...I'd like to pick up the Sidious Best Buy exclusive.  I ran the SKU thru my local Best Buy here in the Detroit Metro area and it shows up in the computer (but shows up as 0's across the board), and shows that Michigan and the neighboring Ohio stores are stores that will not be getting the exclusive.  So any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 6, 2005, 07:59 PM »
If anyone lives in an area where these are available...I'd like to pick up the Sidious Best Buy exclusive.  I ran the SKU thru my local Best Buy here in the Detroit Metro area and it shows up in the computer (but shows up as 0's across the board), and shows that Michigan and the neighboring Ohio stores are stores that will not be getting the exclusive.  So any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

It seems as if Cali is getting them, so I'm sure Matt and I can grab them for those that need them, assuming they don't get gobbled up first.  I'm gonna hit a couple stores tomorrow and try to get the scoop.

Offline JuvyD

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 6, 2005, 09:23 PM »
It seems as if Cali is getting them, so I'm sure Matt and I can grab them for those that need them, assuming they don't get gobbled up first.  I'm gonna hit a couple stores tomorrow and try to get the scoop.

Thanks!  Using the SKU seems to work pretty good.  The guy didn't even ask me what it was....just took the post-it, stuck it to his screen and started looking it up.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 6, 2005, 09:31 PM »

Thanks!  Using the SKU seems to work pretty good.  The guy didn't even ask me what it was....just took the post-it, stuck it to his screen and started looking it up.

PM me the SKU if you still have it.  That'll make the search easier.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 7, 2005, 09:14 AM »
I think Best Buy's only carrying the exclusive one, and not any others. As far as I know, there's really no "retail" type of stores that carry these, but WM.com does, which obviously doesn't help you with the shipping issue though. I think they're usually just found online, or in specialty/novelty/comic/collectible type of shops for the most part. I think places like Suncoast were carrying them too. Maybe Jason or some other folks could chime in with some other suggestions though...

Do you have the first couple series of these as well, Travis - or are you just getting started on them?

I have the Jedi set and Sith set from last year.  I'm really not interested in the "smoked" / "silver" / "gold" versions as I try to keep as close to the movie as I can, plus I only want to display three cases - sith, jedi, ROTS.

Problem is there is a fourth one, Yoda's, that I don't have room for....

Offline Blue_Harvester

• Jedi Initiate
  • Great Googly-Moogly
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 7, 2005, 11:44 AM »
Id like one too, if there are any noble JediDefenders who can nab me one
in CA.  I forgot to say in my post a page back that I am in PA.  There are NONE
slated for any stores in PA, OH, or WV.  :(

Oh, and it's the black-chrome SIDEOUS mini that is the BB exclusive.  They might
or might not have the other Ep3 minis at some point in time.

-BH
Han shot FIRST. Luke threw TWICE. And it was THX-1138 who wasn't at his post on the big screen back in '77. And I first learned that Vader was Luke's dad in the cinemas at the Tampa Bay Mall in 1980.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 7, 2005, 05:29 PM »
JuvyD and jadesfire: One of my local Best Buys had the "smoked" Sidious saber today so PM me and we'll work out the details as I grabbed 1 for each of you.  Hopefully you're going to open and display them as the front of the box is a tad beat up (looks like the corners of other saber boxes made indents in the front.)  I'm gonna try to get more for you other guys and hopefully Matt will start checking around.   :P

I made the drive after sitting on hold for too long (Best Buy has the worst phone system) and someone looked up the SKU you guys gave here.  They were sitting in the Media (DVD/CD/video game) section on one of the info tables.  They are in the computer under "toys" so they may be in different spots in different stores. 
« Last Edit: April 7, 2005, 05:31 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 7, 2005, 06:51 PM »
Thank you!!  pm is on it's way!!
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #218 on: April 7, 2005, 07:00 PM »
Nice score Jason!

I'm gonna try to get more for you other guys and hopefully Matt will start checking around.   :P

I probably won't have time to stop by a Best Buy 'til tomorrow, but I'll check in then.  They're a little off the beaten path for me, and I haven't been able to sneak out of the office for more than a few minutes all week, and by the time I've gotten home each night, BB's already closed.

But I'll see if I can nab one for BH there.  Anyone else in need?

Travis, the only case that's gonna be coming out now from MR is just a generic "blank" case 3-tiered case.  Nothing with "ROTS", or any other labels on it from now on, according to them (unfortunately).

I'm just sticking to the movie related sabers myself, but I'm getting a little nervous about my will power with the C3 exclusive one.  :-\

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 7, 2005, 07:12 PM »
I'm just sticking to the movie related sabers myself, but I'm getting a little nervous about my will power with the C3 exclusive one.  :-\

Just set aside $35.00 bucks, you'll cave.... :-*
Beth

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 7, 2005, 07:39 PM »
I'm hoping the reg. Anakin, Obi1 and Sidious show up soon so I can grab those.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 7, 2005, 10:24 PM »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 8, 2005, 01:52 AM »
Just so i understand, there are the regular versions and this smoked one right?
So if i leave this one i can still get the regular sidious saber
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 8, 2005, 02:28 AM »
Just so i understand, there are the regular versions and this smoked one right?
So if i leave this one i can still get the regular sidious saber

Correct.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 8, 2005, 01:50 PM »
You know, I wouldn't be all too surprised if that Sidious scaled saber on BB.com was just the regular release, NOT the smoked one.

There is no mention in th description that it is the exclusive version and one would think by now that it would be sold out because of it's limited 2500 pc run...

??? ???