Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 74455 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers
« Reply #345 on: September 30, 2005, 10:55 PM »
Here is my Mini-Saber Collection:

Left to right: SDCC Yoda; Sidious; Count Dooku (ep. II); Vader (ep. IV); Obi-Wan (ep. IV)
Backrow: MR Collectors' Society Maul full-size .45 scale  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #346 on: October 1, 2005, 12:06 AM »
Cool.  Like the Guards as well.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #347 on: October 11, 2005, 04:15 AM »
So the Vader and Tyranus ROTS mini sabers have finally been released now, right...?

Beth, did you get your "generic" cases yet, and if so, how do they look?  Identical to the prior ones, just sans text?

And how's Ohio?  :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 04:25 AM by JediMAC »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 11, 2005, 03:18 PM »
I order the mini Vader.  If I like it, I will get the full size version too. 

Beth, did you get your "generic" cases yet, and if so, how do they look?  Identical to the prior ones, just sans text?

Nothing has shipped yet.  Still have all of 2005 to put on display so they better get their butt's in gear and start shipping those puppies out!!

And how's Ohio?  :P

The Walmart has rewarded me with some good stuff but they have no Target or TRU local.  I still have to drive the two hour round trip for those stores.  I don't start my new job until next week and I am climbing the walls trying to find stuff to do.  I can only talk to the dog and the cat for so long!! :P

Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 11, 2005, 06:14 PM »
I received the latest MR newsletter and they said the Darth Vader mini-saber was now in stock.  Also, the battle damaged Maul mini-saber is in stock and the one I ordered shipped.

I'm expecting the Tyrannus Saber to ship sometime next month.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2005, 02:06 PM »
Just got my mini ROTS Vader saber in the mail and will be sending away for the LE.  Love the design and put two quick pictures on my webshots page.  They are at the end of page 4 of the saber photo album.

MR Sabers

The handle has seven grips.  The main part has two small copper tri-shaped items on each side of the emitter box.  There is a small design on the top silver box that sits on the black wrap-around band.  The end even has a small black shiny button instead of being all sealed in silver.  I really like this design and the only down side is the saber (and my hands) were covered in black from the little box that it sits in.  You'd think that MR would use a slightly better material on the plastic boxes.  It comes right off but is annoying none the less.
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 13, 2005, 08:39 PM »
Sweet pictures Beth.  I just got my Damaged Maul mini saber yesterday and it's pretty sweet.  Although, the crystal in exposed portion is a bit orange.  I thought it would be more red.  Still looks cool though.

I also got an e-mail that the mini Darth Tyrannus saber I ordered has shipped, with an estimated delivery date of 19 October.  Guess I was a little off on my guess on when it would come out.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 13, 2005, 09:37 PM »
I also got an e-mail that the mini Darth Tyrannus saber I ordered has shipped, with an estimated delivery date of 19 October.  Guess I was a little off on my guess on when it would come out.   :D

I have Dooku's mini so I passed on this one but it's still a sweet saber.  Did you order mini cases from MR or the site you linked too?  I'd lile to get my mini's displayed soon. I also have to take pictures of my collection again with the new display.
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 14, 2005, 07:02 PM »
I've got 4 cases coming from MR for my 12 more standard sized mini-sabers.

I still have to get a case for the CS Maul mini-saber I have.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #354 on: October 17, 2005, 02:37 AM »
Well, I finally bit the bullet and nabbed the "2004 Jedi Collection" saber case off of eBay for $28 and change (plus shipping).  Glad to finally put that HTF piece behind me now, so I can focus on grabbing those final 3 Sith sabers now.

He had another Jedi Collection case that ended shortly after mine, for only $26.  He also put up a Sith Collection case that got BIN'd for $39.99.  At least they're coming down a bit now.  Weird that the Sith and Jedi cases have flip flopped now though, since that Jedi case was running upwards of $60-$75 for a long while there, and the Sith cases were a dime a dozen...

Offline Blue_Harvester

• Jedi Initiate
  • Great Googly-Moogly
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 19, 2005, 11:30 AM »
I guess Id like to mention that I have several of these too (2x Jedi cases, and
4x Sith cases).    Once I get all my new *generic* cases, Id like to sell these.
(cost+s&h) If anyone on this board has interest, you can PM me.  first-come first served.  (official order is order of PMs.  lets not pollute this thread ;) )

Once I got the new ones direct from MR, Ill ping those that first expressed interest.

-Dave

Han shot FIRST. Luke threw TWICE. And it was THX-1138 who wasn't at his post on the big screen back in '77. And I first learned that Vader was Luke's dad in the cinemas at the Tampa Bay Mall in 1980.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 19, 2005, 07:51 PM »
I got home from alert today and the Tyranus mini-saber was waiting on my doorstep.  It's a nice piece, the only difference I can see from the AOTC version is the little elbow is chrome instead of the flat metal on the earlier saber.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 16, 2005, 07:24 PM »
Just got an email from MR stating my mini saber cases have shipped.  It's about damn time!!! >:(
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 18, 2005, 07:32 PM »
Got my e-mail as well.  Now if they could just start sending those EE Obi-Wan Sabers!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 25, 2005, 07:00 PM »
I received two of the four cases I've ordered, the other two are on the way.  I really like these cases....they make the collection take up a little more room, but at least I won't have to dust them anymore! ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.