Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 74441 times)

Offline Zodach

• Youngling
  • Yub Yub!
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers
« Reply #375 on: January 12, 2006, 03:14 PM »
I really enjoy the mini line.  They look great in the 3-tiered display cases as well.  I have the 2004 Sith and Jedi cases I got from eBay along with the first 6 sabers.  Like many others, I can't afford or even justify spending $350+ on a full size version.  I still don't understand how they can make something in .45 scale 1/10th of the price.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2006, 02:42 PM »
Glad you enjoy the new Saber Jesse.  If you like the mini saber, you'll love the LE ones.  The way they come with their own display cases is really cool and they display so incredibly well.

As far as the new mini-sabers, I don't see myself getting them, since I already have the weathered Obi-Wan saber and that's the only one that appeals to me (with that whole Obi-Wan focus I have in my collection).
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 19, 2006, 06:38 PM »
Well, a new revised mini will join the others in 2006 as an exclusive to those that join the collector society:

Collector Society

It's a matte finish of Mace Windu's saber.  It's not exactly exciting news considering an actual new mini would have been a better choice but at least it is a Star Wars item.
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 19, 2006, 08:14 PM »
Hmmm.  I don't know if I'll rejoin the CS or not.  Sure the saber's kind of cool and it is a Star Wars item, but I doubt they are going to make any more Obi-Wan items that I'd have trouble getting unless I were a CS member.

Oh well...something to think about I guess.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 19, 2006, 09:22 PM »
It's neat, but I'm not really into the mini's.  I doubt I'll join the CS as well.  I never used my coupons and they screwed up on my shipment of the first CS stuff - no card yet (or likely ever) but worse, they filled out the invoice with DOUBLE the value on it, meaning I had to pay twice as much in customs fees. >:(  Now I know they're not responsible for idiotic Canadian taxes, but they sure as hell are responsible for an accurate declaration.   The worst part is that the customer service department went to all the trouble of sending an automated response to my inquiry and have done nothing since.  That is not service and I'm really not about to throw good money after bad.  I think they're products are great, but typical company that doesn't give two ***** about a customer unless they're a US citizen.   ::)  I felt like I was dealing with Hasbro and Jedi Master Points - oh look, a Canadian, **** 'em. >:( >:( >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 20, 2006, 11:32 PM »
This might be a stupid question, but exactly how does this differ from the Mace Windu mini saber I've already purchased from MR? Matte finish?? Gimme a break. At least they could have done the smoked chrome, or the silver finish, or something... Matte?? It looks exactly like the other version.

Lame.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 12, 2006, 08:32 PM »
ANH Luke up for sale.  I've bought from this seller before.  Great to deal with:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6604998061&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 25, 2006, 08:51 PM »
Anyone have a comparison pic of the regular Yoda and Chrome Euro exclusive?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 26, 2006, 12:36 PM »
During the Con a buddy I know's friend went up to the MR booth and saw a guy looking at a gold version saber..he asked the 'other' customer if he could look at that and the guy said sure then he asked if he could buy it...so he ended up with a 1 in 50 collectible. The amazing thing beyond all this was next he asked an employee to 'look for' a gold version solo blaster and they did, so he got both :o.

The sad end of the story was that he resells everything on ebay >:(

Strange relationship they have my buddy and him...my friend Justin is a collector while his friend is a scalper. :-\

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 26, 2006, 03:49 PM »
Strange relationship they have my buddy and him...my friend Justin is a collector while his friend is a scalper. :-\
I smell a sitcom!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #385 on: July 28, 2006, 05:29 AM »
So is this line pretty much over now?  The three Sith minis from a while back were the last regular releases, correct?  No word on anything beyond those that I've heard, so I'm guessing they're just moving into mini blaster line now, and that's all she wrote for these?

Bummer, as I was hoping maybe they'd put out a few more of these, or complete the Council's sabers, or Grievous's sabers, or something along those lines. 

Oh well.  Onto the blasters now, I guess...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 28, 2006, 01:01 PM »
Kind of hard to think of what characters are left.  I think the only one they haven't done is a mini Qui-Gon saber.  I doubt you'd see a Grievous saber set since they all looked like Obi-Wan's and Anakin's anyway.

Fine with me if the line is done....I have all the Obi-Wan sabers, even the golds and dark chrome, which is all I really wanted in the first place...plus a few of the odd ones like Maul's regular and BD, Dooku's, etc.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #387 on: July 28, 2006, 02:29 PM »
I doubt you'd see a Grievous saber set since they all looked like Obi-Wan's and Anakin's anyway.

Got to disagree with you there, if you look at this pic they resemble Mace Windu's episode 1 saber more than anything else. They look nothing like Obi-Wans and Anakins.

http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline Amanaman

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 30, 2006, 12:43 AM »
Heh, think again. LFL's prop dept is more incompetent than you realize:

That's Obi-Wan's ROTS saber on his upper right arm.  :o

And Anakin's ROTS on his lower left.  :o :o

Note that the sabers on his hands are 3D models and not actual props.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 12:46 AM by Amanaman »

Offline youngjedi69

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 3, 2006, 08:25 PM »
I have almost every mini saber for sale if anyone is interested. Just moving on trying to get a 1/4 grievous statue so I have to sell some stuff, sadly :(.