Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 74447 times)

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas, mini sabers
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2004, 03:35 PM »
Sith mini collection w/ case is now available to order on MR's site.  I ordered mine yesterday after I got the email.

Ditto. :)
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2004, 03:59 PM »
Yeah, got their e-mail too, but haven't quite yet pulled the trigger.  Are there any other places that sell these (for any cheaper), or is MR pretty much the only/best shot them?  I'll probably need the cases too, so maybe they are the best bet.

You guys catch that news on the currently UK only exclusive ANH Obi-Wan saber?  Man, that sucks big time, but I've got to assume it'll eventually make it's way Stateside in some manner as well...  Hopefully...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2004, 04:28 PM »
You guys catch that news on the currently UK only exclusive ANH Obi-Wan saber?  Man, that sucks big time, but I've got to assume it'll eventually make it's way Stateside in some manner as well...  Hopefully...

Supposed to be available through walmart.com of all places. When, I don't know, but hopefully soon, and hopefully I'm able to get one. I don't feel like paying $70+ on ebay - that's what they are going for already.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2004, 07:35 PM »
Yah, I have been scouting Walmart.com several times a day waiting for the mini Obiwan to show up.  I'm glad that they were able to score 500 out of the 2500 production run but they'll probably hit the web Saturday or Sunday when I will have no internet access  :P.

I have an empty spot in the obiwan case, right above the CS gold one :).

Yeah, got their e-mail too, but haven't quite yet pulled the trigger. Are there any other places that sell these (for any cheaper), or is MR pretty much the only/best shot them? I'll probably need the cases too, so maybe they are the best bet.

Try www.thesabervault.com
That is were I ordered my set and there is no shipping (saves you $28.00 bucks right there).  Besides, Jeff is an awesome person to deal with and just about everyone in 'scums prop community uses him.  If you have any questions, just email him.
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2004, 08:27 PM »
Try www.thesabervault.com
That is were I ordered my set and there is no shipping (saves you $28.00 bucks right there).

Might just do that.  Thanks Beth!  But is there a way to pay them without being dinged their 4% "handling fee", which is for all credit card and Paypal orders?

EDIT:  Nevermind.  Just caught this on their site:

There is an extra 4% handleing fee that is added on Credit Card orders.  If TSV sold items at retail prices or just under retail price, the 4% fee wouldn't be an issue.  But, because we offer them at such low prices, if people want to pay with credit cards, the extra 4% that paypal charges to use their service must be added.  If you would like to save that extra 4% you can also pay with money orders.

Money orders only, eh?  That's kind of a pain.  Why can't they just accept non-credit card Paypal payments without charging the extra 4%?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 08:33 PM by JediMAC »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2004, 09:21 PM »

Money orders only, eh?  That's kind of a pain.  Why can't they just accept non-credit card Paypal payments without charging the extra 4%?

Don't know but my paypal payment to Jeff came directly out of my checking account not from any credit card.  I just assume you get hit with a fee if your registered as a business.  Not really sure, I paid you by paypal before, did you ever get charged a fee??  You shouldn't have since it came directly from my checking account.  I would be pretty pissed off at paypal if I found out they were taking money from people I paid and charged them some bogus cc fee when it was never sent to anyone that way.

Please let me know on this one, Matt.

PS:  I did send Jeff an email asking him if, in fact, paypal took a fee for handling my transaction.  I'm just fuming that I am assuming people are getting the full amount of what I owe and that paypal might be ripping them off.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 09:29 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2004, 02:07 AM »
Beth, Jeff would still be getting the full amount that you owe him, but he's having you pay an extra 4% on top of that to cover the Paypal fees is all.  Basically, it depends on what kind of Paypal account you have, I guess.  I believe that once you accept your first credit card payment, you fall under their "professional" account, or something like that, and you get tagged for 4% for every payment you receive from then on, or maybe just every credit card payment you receive.  Not sure, but I believe it's the former.  So basically, most people who do any type of business using Paypal are under the account that gets charged a fee for each payment, which is why a lot of people jack up their prices, or even shipping charges, to cover the Paypal fee.  What's funny, is that eBay won't allow you to charge the extra 4% Paypal fee to your buyers (since they're affiliated companies)...

Anyway, I personally don't get charged any fees, because I still have the basic/low level Paypal account, since I ONLY accept checking or balance transfers from people for stuff.  I think the second that I accept a credit card payment from someone, I'm screwed (charged) from then on.  But so far, so good for me, since everyone I deal with is impeccable when it comes to following my payment instructions!   ;)

The thing that sucks about money orders, is that it will still cost me an extra buck just to get one, that I shouldn't have to spend to pay for something...  Oh well, I'll live!

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2004, 10:21 PM »
When's the God damn Obi1 weathered mini going on sale at WalMart.com?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 1, 2004, 05:19 PM »
When's the God damn Obi1 weathered mini going on sale at WalMart.com?

That's what I would like to know!!??  I check 15 times a day at least.  :-\
Beth

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2004, 07:50 PM »
OK, I'm calling shenanigans w/ this whole mini-weathered saber.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2004, 10:01 PM »
I know...this is retarded.  I mean, come on Wally World-put the darn things up for sale already!!   I have no idea if they are waiting to have them "in hand" before they post them or if they really have them but just are lazy about making money off of 'em  :-\.
Beth

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2004, 07:18 PM »
Right on!  My mini-Vader saber shipped out yesterday!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2004, 08:22 PM »
So you're not doing the whole Sith collection, Jas?  Just snagging the Vader one?  Are you going just OT sabers?

I'm still lagging on the Mace saber, and Sith ones myself.  Need to play some catch-up here soon!

So still no weathered Obi-Wan anywhere, eh?   :-\

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2004, 09:54 PM »
So you're not doing the whole Sith collection, Jas?  Just snagging the Vader one?  Are you going just OT sabers?

I'm still lagging on the Mace saber, and Sith ones myself.  Need to play some catch-up here soon!

So still no weathered Obi-Wan anywhere, eh?   :-\

No no, doing the whole Sith set.  The Vader is the 1st to ship from MR.  Not 20 mins ago I got my shipping confirmation for the Sith display case as well.  I guess they are doing it different this time (shipping the case w/ the 1st saber instead of the last saber.)  Still no sign of WalMart.com selling that weathered Obi1. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2004, 04:28 AM »
Ah, I see.  So they don't ship them all out at once, even if you actually ordered the entire Sith Collection, eh?  One at a time...  Prolong the fun a little.  I get it now.

Definitely makes sense to ship the case with the first one though, lest the first couple wind up getting all dusty while waiting for the case to come with the last one.  So that's a good change at least.