Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 74475 times)

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas, mini sabers
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2004, 06:00 PM »
Beth and Matt you got PM's coming your way.  I'm glad to hear the most of us eagerly awaiting these sabers were able to get our hands on them.

On a different note has anyone dealt with Master Replica's customer service?  I wanted to see about replacing my Dooku mini saber.  Would I contact their request service or their regular customer service email addy?
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2004, 07:11 PM »
I usually deal with them via email.  I like to have stuff written instead of verbal but once you get your case number you can contact them by phone also.
Beth

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2004, 07:35 PM »
I'm in 2 minds about MR's customer "service"
I got an ESB fx Luke saber , there is a 3inch gap in the blade when lit
I notified them about it straight away and now no answer to my emails at all
It's been a good 2 months and they are no help
They asked for purchase date,receipt date and a copy of invoice, all have been sent and still no answer.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2004, 06:45 PM »
On a different note has anyone dealt with Master Replica's customer service?  I wanted to see about replacing my Dooku mini saber.  Would I contact their request service or their regular customer service email addy?

Ricardo, I dealt with their customer service once, and it went quite well!  I had to ship my Anakin FX saber back to them due to some problems with it.  They e-mailed me a shipping label (so I wouldn't have to pay postage), and had a brand new one to me within a week or so.  Totally painless.

Plus, they're just right down by us - somewhere near Torrance or Long Beach, so it's nice and quick (at least that's where they told me to ship it).  Here's their customer service info from their site:

...please feel free to call us at 1-866-REPLIKA or 734-258-1948 or email us at: customerservice@masterreplicas.com

Good luck!  Also, I'll be down in OC for Thanksgiving, and likely driving back up sometime on Saturday.  So maybe if the Obi-Wan sabers show up by then, and you're around, I could just swing by on my way back home...

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2004, 06:31 PM »

Ricardo, I dealt with their customer service once, and it went quite well!  I had to ship my Anakin FX saber back to them due to some problems with it.  They e-mailed me a shipping label (so I wouldn't have to pay postage), and had a brand new one to me within a week or so.  Totally painless.

Plus, they're just right down by us - somewhere near Torrance or Long Beach, so it's nice and quick (at least that's where they told me to ship it).  Here's their customer service info from their site:

...please feel free to call us at 1-866-REPLIKA or 734-258-1948 or email us at: customerservice@masterreplicas.com

Good luck!  Also, I'll be down in OC for Thanksgiving, and likely driving back up sometime on Saturday.  So maybe if the Obi-Wan sabers show up by then, and you're around, I could just swing by on my way back home...

Dealing with MR was pretty painless.  FedEx on the other hand...well plain $ucks.

Went to ship out and the guy behind the counter told me I can't ship ground with an Express box.  Ok, I thought I was slick and went to my car flipped the box over.  The guy gave me more attitude about "You think I don't know you flipped that box around, you know how many people come in", yadda yadda.  He must have been having problems with his bf on the phone. ::)

Anyways Matt, the sabers arrived today.

Edit: just got your PM
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 06:32 PM by DualSaberMaster »
-Ricardo

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2004, 06:41 PM »

Edit: just got your PM

Cool!  Must've been PM'ing you right as you were typing this, 'cause I didn't even know.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2004, 06:45 PM »

Mine arrived today too :)

Pictures upcoming....

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2004, 07:02 PM »
Forgot to mention my Ebay Luke arrived yesterday as well.  Pretty cool, should round off the AFB Obi, Weathered Obi, and now the Ebay Luke quite nicely.  Just got to get another darn Jedi trio case to display them in. :P
-Ricardo

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2004, 07:24 PM »
I'm really impressed with the amount of "damage" and use they put into this mini saber. It looks really nice, and actually used. It will be interesting to see if they all come with the same wear in the same spots. Mine sports a dent or two, some rubbed spots, and just a lot of grime.

click images for larger view

Very cool.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2004, 09:19 PM »
Just noticed that there is an ebay seller who is offering the Obi-Wan Weathered mini in a straight trade for the AFBB Comic Con version. If you have any extras of that one, or if you'd rather have the weathered version than the AFBB version, try contacting them.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2004, 02:13 AM »
Damn, I need to catch up on all the acronyms in here.  I'm lost...   :-[

Straight trade for the Comic Con version, eh?  That's surprising.  Aren't these new ones supposed to be pretty tough to get?  Are those Comic Con ones going for a lot, or something?  They weren't even selling out there, from what I recall...

Thanks for the pix there too Dave.  Indeed, it does look pretty damned cool.  Can't wait to nab mine off of Ricardo, hopefully on Saturday.

Ricardo, that eBay exclusive one is the all silver/chrome one, right?  Just all one color?  If so, I think I can pass on that one, along with the gold versions.  Running a little test on myself to see if I can refrain from being "complete" for once.  Wish me luck!   :P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2004, 02:18 AM »
This new weathered Obi-Wan is limited to 500 here in the U.S. but I believe that 2000 were made available through QVC over in the U.K. - that's where that seller is located. I don't recall how many were made of the SDCC version, but I think it was about the same total - 2500. So they are about the same rarity, except for the fact that all 2500 of the SDCC exclusive were sold here in the U.S. at the con, while the weathered version was split up between the U.S. and the U.K. with the U.S. getting the short end of the stick in the breakdown.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2004, 09:12 PM »
My weathered mini showed up late this afternoon.  Now I really need to get another case.

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2004, 09:19 PM »
Obi Weathered mini is back in stock yet again as of 6:18 PST.
-Ricardo

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2004, 09:49 PM »
I was playing with the idea of getting one of these since I've never bought a MR lightsaber, especially at such a good price.  However, I realized that they only ship to the US (us poor Canucks!).  Oh well, must be a sign to save my money for something else!   ;D  So, what should I try and convince the wifey I need...