Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 74443 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas, mini sabers
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2004, 11:03 PM »
My weathered mini showed up late this afternoon.  Now I really need to get another case.

Yeah, I hear ya. I ordered an extra Sith case, but that's not really going to cut it for me. I have both of the Obi-Wan minis sitting on the top of the Jedi case now, but I really want to get another Jedi case, instead of putting them in the extra Sith case when I get it... unless I figure out a way to make something to go over the top of the nameplate... maybe a plate that says "2004 Exclusive Collection" or something like that. But even then, I've only got 2 exclusives, and I don't like any of the Gold and/or Chrome sabers that have come out. So my "exclusives" case will be one shy  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2004, 08:32 PM »
Big thanks to Ricardo for passing along his extra Obi-Wan weathered saber for cost to me this afternoon!  Saved my butt, he did!  Even drove out in a rainstorm to pass it along to me as I was driving through his area.  Top notch dude, I tell ya'!

Still have some catchin' up to do, but at least the tough stuff is taken care of now...   8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2004, 07:19 PM »
Not that I think anyone here still needs one, but the Obi-Wan saber's back in stock at WM.  Get 'em quick!  They'll be gone in 5 minutes probably...

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2004, 08:09 PM »
Can someone score me one??
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2004, 08:18 PM »
I'll give it a shot Hemish.  You're sure, right?  Don't want to get stuck with one of these, after finally tracking one down for myself...   ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2004, 08:29 PM »
Can someone score me one??

OK, I ordered you one Hemish!  I'll shoot you a PM with the details...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2004, 09:13 PM »
Here are all the sabers (except the Ebay exclusive of Luke's ROTJ saber and variations of regular ones with gold plating) for 2004:

« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 05:20 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2004, 09:28 PM »
Nice pic (and collection) Beth!  I finally started seriously looking today into nabbing the rest that I need (sans gold/chrome/non-film sabers).  So is that the Comic Con Obi Saber at the bottom/middle?

Also, aren't there some more "gold" sabers available now?  Pretty sure I saw a gold Dooku one on eBay today, and maybe a few others...  "Chase" sabers, I guess...

And maybe you can answer this too, since I think you collect the regular sized MR sabers as well:  Will all of the sabers likely eventually come in a "as first built by" and "weathered/used" version, so we'll likely have two of all of them on down the line?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 09:31 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2004, 12:32 AM »
I finally started seriously looking today into nabbing the rest that I need (sans gold/chrome/non-film sabers)...

Well, that worked out well!  BIN'ed the last four that I needed on eBay a little while ago, for cheap too!  Got Mace for $27, and the three Sith sabers for $29 a piece (with combined shipping of all 4 for just $8).  Not bad!  So all I really need now are a couple of those stinkin' Jedi display cases.

Saw a few of those Weathered Obi-Wan sabers on eBay too, going for upwards of $70 a pop.  Yikes!  Noticed how much those Jedi cases were going for too...   :-\
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 12:33 AM by JediMAC »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2004, 05:19 PM »
Ok...I'll try to answer all your questions Matt.
  So is that the Comic Con Obi Saber at the bottom/middle?

Yes, and the gold one was a MR exclusive for members and the top one was the Walmart exclusive.

Also, aren't there some more "gold" sabers available now?  Pretty sure I saw a gold Dooku one on eBay today, and maybe a few others...  "Chase" sabers, I guess...

Yes, there are gold chase figures for the original Jedi and Sith collection so I really should have stated I have the regular versions of each of those since I really don't have each one but one of each...or something like that. ???

And maybe you can answer this too, since I think you collect the regular sized MR sabers as well:  Will all of the sabers likely eventually come in a "as first built by" and "weathered/used" version, so we'll likely have two of all of them on down the line?

Master Replica is now using the term "Elite" to suck us in to buying more versions of the same saber.  Luke's ROTJ one is the first of them since his original prop was never "weathered" I think that will be the only other version we will see.  Rumors run rampant that Yoda will get a new one and many are really hoping to see Han's blaster re-done so I can't really give you a straight answer as MR is tight lipped about it but I wouldn't be surprised to see a "weathered" Anakin  (both regular and mini size) after the ROTS movie hits.
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2004, 05:23 PM »
Well, that worked out well!  BIN'ed the last four that I needed on eBay a little while ago, for cheap too!  Got Mace for $27, and the three Sith sabers for $29 a piece (with combined shipping of all 4 for just $8).  Not bad!  So all I really need now are a couple of those stinkin' Jedi display cases.

Saw a few of those Weathered Obi-Wan sabers on eBay too, going for upwards of $70 a pop.  Yikes!  Noticed how much those Jedi cases were going for too...   :-\

Nice score!!  Those Jedi cases are now starting to be a pain-in-the-ass for many collectors.  You could try nabbing a Sith one and recovering the bottom (people have talked about it over at RS but I haven't seen any pictures yet).
Beth

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2004, 09:20 PM »
Anybody happen to score an extra Wal*Mart exclusive Obi-Wan? I went back to order another for a Christmas gift for a buddy but they were all sold out (again). I should have ordered two in the first place, but I wasn't thinking that far in advance. Anybody??

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #132 on: December 3, 2004, 11:29 PM »
Sorry D, only nabbed the one for Hemish.  Wish I'd known you needed another.   :-\

On a happier note, I got my last four mini-sabers today, all in perfect shape!  So I'm all caught up (with the exception of the gold/ebay chase pieces, that I don't want).  Just need a couple Jedi cases to put the rest into now...

Anxious to hear who's on tap next.  Sounds like an announcement is due from MR pretty soon on the next wave, based on some rumors I've seen around the net.  Can't wait!   8)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 07:15 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 3, 2004, 11:44 PM »
On a happier note, I got my last four mini-sabers today, all in perfect shape!  So I'm all caught up (with the exception of the gold/ebay chase pieces, that I don't want).  Just need a couple Jedi cases to put the rest into now...

Congrats and good luck with the Jedi cases....your going to need it. :P

Anxious to hear who's on tap next.  Sounds like an announcement is due from MR pretty soon on the next wave, based on some rumors I've seen around the net.  Can't wait!   8)

What have you heard Matt? ROTS sabers? I hope one of them is Sidious's!  Spill the beans :)
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #134 on: December 4, 2004, 03:34 AM »
Heck, c'mon Ricardo, dontchya think I'd have spilled the beans if I actually heard any specifics?!  Sheesh, I wouldn't hold out on you guys like that!   :P

Nah, like I said, I just heard that MR is likely going to be announcing the next wave pretty soon here, that's all.

So what's on your guy's wish lists for the next wave?  Or better yet, I guess I should just ask what's still left to be made...  I think my wish list, in order, is something along these lines:

ANH/ESB Luke saber (duh!) - this is the only one left from the OT, right?
Darth Maul's double bladed saber
Yoda's saber
Qui-Gonn's saber
Anakin's saber

Does Obi-Wan have a new saber in AOTC?  I can't seem to recall right now...  Technically, I think Mace supposedly had a different saber (that he never used) in TPM, but it's probably doubtful that we'll see it made.

I think that's it, right?  Other than the various other Jedi from AOTC, like Ki-Adi, Plo, etc...  But those haven't been made in the full scale yet, so I think they're probably pretty doubtful in the mini line, at least for now.  Maybe they'll see more screen time in ROTS, and come out for that flick instead.