Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 74472 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas, mini sabers
« Reply #135 on: December 4, 2004, 02:00 PM »
I'd like to see them make weathered versions of the other mini sabers that are already available. I know, it's kinda like the OTC re-cards, but I just like that Obi-Wan so damn much, because it looks so much better in the weathered condition. I'd like to maybe see some of the background Jedi from AOTC - Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi, Kit Fisto... there's a plethora of Jedi from the arena that they could do. Maybe not major players, but all well known names. And don't forget General Grievous from Ep. 3 - he could probably fill a case by himself - The 2005 General Grievous Collection!! Outside of that, I'd pretty much go with your list there Matt, but I'm not sure I'm wiling to pay $40 or so for a 2" mini Yoda...

I doubt they will make the Yoda or the full Darth Maul because of the size issue. They seem to be making all of these in the same size so that they can fit in the cases that they make. Obviously making a minute size Yoda wouldn't really disrupt the case size issue, but making a full Darth Maul would.

What about if they started making ForceFX mini's for like $75 or so - would you buy them? I probably would. They would so bad ass lit up inside a glass case :)

Or what about some EU sabers?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #136 on: December 4, 2004, 04:17 PM »
Force FX minis for $75?  Hell, I nearly got my full scale Anakin one for that price!  Nah, I'd pass.  They'd have to be about $50 tops for me to bite on those.

I could go for weathered versions of all of the sabers as well, I suppose, as much as it pains me to say it...  Granted, Obi-Wan's is really the only one truly deserving of it.

Not interested in getting into the EU at all myself.  I'm having a hard enough time stomaching the thought of going after 1 to 4 of Grievous's sabers.  Then there's also going to be the ROTS Sidious one too.

But what I'd like to see come about (instead of the EU idea), is for MR to expand their .45 scale replicas into the Blaster/Gun arena as well, similar to their full-scale props.  I've even heard rumblings that they're considering it, so that's promising.  I'd love to get all the same ones they've already release in full scale, like:

Stormtrooper blaster
Han blaster
Leia blaster
RFT gun
etc...

Would you guys be down for some of those?

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 5, 2004, 08:52 PM »
Not sure I like the idea of weathered sabers for all the characters.  Obi1's weathered shows how a once beautiful saber has aged over time from his dramatic duel with Anakin in Ep.III to his appearance as an old man in Ep. IV.  There's a reason why they have it that way.  If you did weathered versions of everyone else, it would just be scratches and dents more than likely and definitely not something I'd buy. 

Maybe we'll still get:

Ep. II Anakin
Ep. II Yoda
Ep. V Luke
Ep. V Vader
Ep. III Sidious/Palpatine
Ep. III Anakin
Ep. I Qui-Gon
Ep. I Obi1
other Jedi characters

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #138 on: December 7, 2004, 06:05 AM »
Yeah, I kinda agree, Jas.  The only one that seems like it'd be all that weathered would be Obi-Wans.  Maybe Vaders too, since it would appear to have been around nearly as long, though it never seemed to be too "battle worn".

Anyway, got my Sith display case today finally.  Like the sabers themselves, this was much smaller than I was expecting for some reason.  That's a good thing though.  I'm really liking how little space this great little collection is going to take up.  Always good to have some room to grow...   8)

Just need a couple Jedi cases now...   :'(

Offline Blue_Harvester

• Jedi Initiate
  • Great Googly-Moogly
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 7, 2004, 11:48 AM »
Hey everyone.

Dont want to brag or anything, but Santa put something extra pretty
into my Christmas stocking early.   I was out last night, and found
a golden Dooku sitting pretty right there on the shelf at my local Suncoast.
Im gonna keep it in the dark until Christmas eve, and put it into Dad's (my)
stocking.  My son (who's getting a Vader mini in his) will be excited also.

This makes my 3rd goldie.  I got the golden Obi AFB via PSWCS bud Jack, and
the golden Cloney-Wan via another PSWCS bud, Tronz.   Yesterday's score
was my first lucky break with the minis.  Frankly, Id been to store after store,
asking if ANYONE had ever seen a golden mini actually get PUT onto a shelf.
A coupla guys had confessed that they had, but employees scooped them up;
and they never actually hit a shelf for a lowly collector to buy (for the std $35
price).   So this post serves to restore everyone's hope, that sometimes these
*do* slip through, and can be found.   Too bad the odds are maybe 3720:1. :-\

Happy hunting.
Han shot FIRST. Luke threw TWICE. And it was THX-1138 who wasn't at his post on the big screen back in '77. And I first learned that Vader was Luke's dad in the cinemas at the Tampa Bay Mall in 1980.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #140 on: December 7, 2004, 02:48 PM »
Wow, that's a pretty sweet score there!  Congrats!  Always great to strike "collecting gold" outta the blue like that (figuratively, and in this case literally).  Those unexpected collecting moments of pure joy are what make it all worth it, especially all the hunting.

I'm not collecting the gold sabers myself, but I suppose if I randomly stumbled across one somewhere, I wouldn't be able to resist.  Or, I'd just pick it up and trade it to someone here who really needs it.

So how many gold sabers are out there now?  All 6?  Or just the 3 you mentioned?  Don't recall off the top of my head anymore...

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 7, 2004, 04:22 PM »
There are currently 7 gold sabers. 

Luke ROTJ
Obi AOTC
Mace AOTC
Vader ANH
Dooku AOTC
Maul TPM
Obi ANH - pristine version exclusive from MR Collectors Society

Offline Blue_Harvester

• Jedi Initiate
  • Great Googly-Moogly
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 7, 2004, 04:48 PM »
Wow, that's a pretty sweet score there!  Congrats!  Always great to strike "collecting gold" outta the blue like that (figuratively, and in this case literally).  Those unexpected collecting moments of pure joy are what make it all worth it, especially all the hunting.

What makes the situation *TOTALLY* ironic, is that the suncoast (here in
Pittsburgh) where I found it, is maybe 50 yards away from where the
Pittsburgh Comic and Collectible Toy Show was going on Saturday and Sunday.

(See JesseJames' coverstory).

The gal at suncoast said those had been on the shelf since late Saturday, and the
show went on ALL of saturday and sunday.  I almost CANNOT believe no one
from the show wandered from the expomart over to the mall next-door.
(there was a guy at the show selling *all* the normal minis for $30 ea. so that
might be why everyone felt satisfied)

In fact, as I was at lunch with JesseJames (+++) on Saturday, I told him that I had
just checked this store right before I went over, (1pm), and nothing new was
out yet.

-BH

(+++) JJ made at least THREE (3) totally-shameless plugs for JediDefender
as he was downing his 'brewhaus-sampler' over lunch. ;D

[EDIT - added]
p.s. , anyone still needing SITH display cases might find some over at...
http://starwars.fanhq.com  -- while supplies last... ;)
« Last Edit: December 7, 2004, 05:28 PM by Blue_Harvester »
Han shot FIRST. Luke threw TWICE. And it was THX-1138 who wasn't at his post on the big screen back in '77. And I first learned that Vader was Luke's dad in the cinemas at the Tampa Bay Mall in 1980.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #143 on: December 7, 2004, 06:45 PM »
Damn, so they have turned ALL of them into gold versions as well.  Ugh.  Yeah, I'll definitely be passing on that headache, and will just stick with the "regular" versions.

(+++) JJ made at least THREE (3) totally-shameless plugs for JediDefender
as he was downing his 'brewhaus-sampler' over lunch. ;D

You go, Jess!   8)

Just lighten up on those 'brewhaus-samplers' though, as we generally don't encourage drinking here at JD...   :P

I just stumbled upon a site *supposedly* with the Jedi display cases, and ordered a couple of them.  Sounds like some other folks have done the same thing but had their orders canceled by them though (with "Out of Stock" notices), so I'm not gonna hold my breath.  But nabbing two Jedi cases for less than $40 shipped will definitely make me a happy man if it actually comes to fruition.

If anyone wants info on where, just PM me.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #144 on: December 7, 2004, 07:24 PM »
And check out this absolutely awesome picture JediLip tossed up over in the 'Scum forums:

Those are the same 8 mini sabers that I've got, so let's just pretend that this is my collection pic, K?   8)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 7, 2004, 08:35 PM »
That is an awesome picture hey??!!  I was floored when I seen that, MR should use that as an ad, it's that good!!

PS:  Matt, did your order go through for your cases??
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #146 on: December 9, 2004, 01:29 AM »

The order was processed, but then subsequently canceled several hours later, as I had unfortunately expected.  Damn.

The hunt continues...   :-\

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 9, 2004, 01:37 AM »

The order was processed, but then subsequently canceled several hours later, as I had unfortunately expected.  Damn.

The hunt continues...   :-\

Hey Matt.  Jamie is back in town on the 22nd and my b-day is the following day so one of the days he's back we'll have to meet up for beers!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #148 on: December 9, 2004, 03:29 AM »
Sounds good, Jas.  I'll be up in Ojai for Christmas, and out in Arizona for New Year's, but we'll try to squeeze something in between those, or maybe before Christmas.  We'll see, but yeah, I was definitely planning on it when J got his butt back out here.  See ya' then...   8)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #149 on: January 1, 2005, 06:19 PM »
I just wanted to share that my girlfriend got me the ebay exclusive .45 scale Luke lightsaber as part of my X-mas gift.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"