Well, it has been a couple of months since the release of ROTS now, and Star Wars on the big screen as we know it (at least new movies) should be done with now. With the "newness" wearing off, and looking at the Saga as a whole, have your rankings changed at all? I also seem to hold the OT movies in higher regard than the prequels. Not that I dislike the prequel movies, I like each of them to some extent (TPM probably the least, but its still a nice movie)...but whether it is the nostalgia, the characters, the humor, or whatever...the OT still is the tops for me. Anyways, if I had to rank them, I suppose it would look like this (with some ties):
1. Empire Strikes Back - Has always just been my favorite to watch.
2. Return of the Jedi - Not always a favorite, but the first one I saw in the theatre..holds some nostalgia. Probably on par with A New Hope to be honest though.
3. (tie) A New Hope - I put it above ROTS just because of the love of the OT, and nostalgia. I really like this movie.
3. (tie) Revenge of the Sith - By far my favorite of the prequels, and maybe one of my favorite movies of the Saga overall. I think the characters and everything involved in the OT just appeal to me more, but this is really a favorite of mine.
4. Attack of the Clones - I'm up and down on this movie. When it first came out, I really liked it (aside from the "Sound of Music" meadow sequences). I've dulled on it more lately. I still like it, but if/when I pop in the DVD I'm likely to skip through this movie a few times.
5. The Phantom Menace - The duel at the end is one of the best of the Saga, if not the best. I also think that Darth Maul, despite his over-hype, is one of the best character concepts to come out of the PT. Although I do see some of the point of the political part of things, and seeing Anakin younger, it does get a little boring to me. As many have mentioned before, I think they could have started out with Anakin being a little bit older, maybe past the "Yippee" stage. I don't necessarily hate this movie like many others do though, its still Star Wars, but easily my least favorite of the Saga.