Author Topic: Fine Molds 1/72 Scale Model Kits  (Read 11972 times)

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
Fine Molds 1/72 Scale Model Kits
« on: May 19, 2005, 10:40 AM »
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Finemolds 1/72 Millenium Falcon in the works.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 12:23 PM »
Yowza!  Very nice.  This is going to give Code 3 a run for their money, especially since it is just a little larger at 1:72 compared to Code 3's at 1:80.

The price will likely be the deciding point for people that have yet to jump in to a replica line like this (uh, like me  ;)).  Code 3's is $295, so we'll see how they compare....

Between Fine Molds, Code 3, Attakus, Sideshow Collectibles, Gentle Giant, Medicom, and more, we sure have a lot of impressive items coming.   8)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 12:24 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 01:22 PM »
If you’re looking for an accurate model of the Falcon, I would not recommend the C3; those knuckleheads pattered it from the old ultra-crappy AMT/Ertl kit, so essentially it’s an overpriced piece of junk. There’s little doubt that finemolds’ offering will blow it out of the water.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 08:48 PM »
HLJ has a pre-order for the 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Preorder this item by Sept. 16 to get it for 5% off the regular price of 19,000 yen!

$163.21 US or $195.56 CDN.

December release.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 1, 2005, 11:47 AM »
I’m disappointed it costs as much as it does… plus you have to factor in the inevitable aftermarket goodies that will be released for it (lighting kits, canopy masks, etc…) I’ll still get it, no doubt, but probably when I’m ready to build the thing, I don’t want to tie up all that $$ on a big box that’ll sit on my shelf collecting dust. In the meantime I still have to pick up the polar lights movie Enterprise kit, at three feet and only $50-$70, it’s a much better deal.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 12:41 AM »
I'm disappointed at the price as well Bob, and not sure I can justify the cost though I want one so bad.   :-\

What's rough about sinking that kind of cash into a model kit is the possibility of not doing a good job on it.  This is the kind of kit the pro's do...  Even their XW and TIE were mid-level difficulty, but this looks to be something a bit on the intimidating side.

I want this though...  And you just can't get a more iconic ship, and their models are actually higher quality and accuracy than even ILM-supervised products like the Icons TIE or Master Replicas items...  Their accuracy is outstanding and made for scrutinizing eyes, not distant camera shots, so I'll likely buckle and buy this.

Nice to see some interest in models...  The U.S. is such a hole for model kits anymore.  AMT/Ertl are a joke and you can only seem to get the good stuff if you order overseas products anymore.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 12:54 AM »
I took a quick look on RoBBy.jp and he carries the Falcon. Retail price: 19,000 Yen. Wholesale price: 12,350 Yen so approx $111.00 US or $130.00 CDN. 

HLJ is showing up as $170.46 US or $199.16 as the rates change so RoBBy.jp looks to be the best bet thus far. There booking deadline is 2005/09/19. 

Hope this helps fellas.  :)  

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 01:38 AM »
It does Dale, thanks.

I'm so strapped I can't put in on one right now but I'll watch.  Models seem to be available for a time unless it's the AT-AT in the U.S.

Boy was that bitch to find.  I finally found ONE at WM and grabbed it full price.  I wasn't pissing around on that one again.  It's not even totally accurate, but it's been all there is, and I need one for a larger scale project (since I know what inaccuracies it has) to use the little one as a reference guide.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 07:05 PM »
The front page here has several model kit stories but the one that pertains here is the first images of a completed Fine Molds Falcon.

The ship looks great...  Awe inspiring really by its detail.  This will be a superior product to even the likes of MR or Code 3 if you ask me.

The AMT/Ertl kits look nice too, and hefty if they are matching the dimensions I've read online. 

That Falcon's just amazing though and the diagram with it appears to be all the figures for inside...  Seems like a nice mix of characters for inside the cockpit or around the ship outside.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 02:48 AM »
As per the front page, the Falcon is up for sale and near $170 to boot.   Over 900 parts though, this is a must have for model fans if you ask me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 12:44 PM »
As per the front page, there's boxed images and content pics up from Slave1.jp.

I'm still desperately trying to figure out how I can get about $200 together to buy this and not feel like a complete turd.  I want this model kit though...  It's so sweet.  It's funny how this kit probably will put any Code 3 or MR item to shame if completed well by the modeler.  Fine Molds X-Wing was such a vastly superior item compared to the Code 3 X-Wing, and Code 3's Falcon is a blatant knock-off of the completely inaccurate AMT/Ertl Cut-Away Falcon that this FM kit will inevitably be much the same...  Painstaking to build, but I believe worth every bit of frustration. :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 10:02 PM »
I was just checking out the front page of HLJ and the have a video of the Fine Molds Falcon arriving at there warehouse.  8)

The QuickTime video is working but the Windows Media video crapped out half way through.

HLJ Main Page

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Fine Molds 1/72 Y-Wing in the works.
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 04:27 PM »
Another SW classic is in the works from Fine Molds, the 1/72 scale Y-Wing will be added to the fleet of models coming this summer according to HLJ.

Fine Molds' upcoming Star Wars Y-Wing

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fine Molds 1/72 Y-Wing in the works.
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 07:40 PM »
HLJ has the 1/72 Y-Wing up for preorder.

Preorder this item by May 15 to get it for 5% off the regular price of 3,400 yen!

3,230 Yen = $27.08 aprox.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: Fine Molds 1/72 Y-Wing in the works.
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 08:10 PM »
Its kinda on topic ;D
http://www.fichtenfoo.com/02GiantRobots/02f.htm
Fine Molds Slave 1 for sale, finished with LED's, it is a work of art, might be a bit pricey.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself