Author Topic: JD poll results are in: Most wanted VEHICLE!  (Read 9430 times)

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: New JD poll: Most wanted VEHICLE!
« Reply #15 on: April 1, 2003, 09:48 AM »
IF it was done right, my first choice would be Jabba's sail barge.  It would have to be done to scale (or at least in scale compared to the skiff) and open up in the back as a playset for all of Jabba's crew.  There would need to be at least one pack in figure like R2 with his serving tray or Jabba with an action feature ( :o :o :o :o) when Leia strangles Jabba, his tongue sticks out.

If it wasn't done right, I would chose the Twin Pod Cloud car next.   My last choice would be the AT-TE - only because if it was done in scale with the figures, it would be out of scale to the Republic Gunship to drop it.  If it was in scale with the Republic Gunship, it would look out of scale with the figures.   Besides, I like the AT-AT better, anyway.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2003, 09:49 AM by obi-dad »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: April 2, 2003, 11:15 AM »
I too would have probably picked the CLoud Car second but I really think this thing is coming eventually, rumors usually pan out especially from multiple sources and this ones been hanging there for years now

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: April 5, 2003, 03:46 AM »
Now remember, PLEASE don't let this amazing custom that recently ended at $3,500 on eBay sway your vote now...   8)

Custom Jabba's Sail Barge

And a friendly reminder to get over to our main page and cast your vote for most wanted ship, if you haven't already!  No ballot box stuffing either!   ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: April 6, 2003, 06:44 PM »
A to-scale Sailbarge would be my choice....  Ultimately it's on my to-do list anyway, so I'd just as soon Hasbro made it if that were an option.

I too agree with Ewok though, and am under the assumption it's not gonna happen.

It's REALLY not as big as people imagine though...  Sizes are all over the board on it in referance material, but the true size (And one in 1:18 scale) wouldn't be unreasonable considering some of the stuff TRU carries.

If it needed mucho assembly (It's gonna be marketed at us, let's face it), then it would really not be that big a shelf item.  The interior's mostly air...  I'd actually enjoy this vehicle a lot.

My 2nd choice would be a to-scale AT-TE...  Much smaller than an AT-AT, and a no frills poseable toy would just be very welcome to me.  

While I don't mind the Sith Infiltrator, it's just not a vehicle I'm interested in...  Then again, not much from E1 is holding my interest anymore.  A Gian Speeder maybe...  Only because I could use it for some custom material.

Welp, that's my vote(s).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: April 7, 2003, 01:50 PM »
I'm kind of suprised that the Infiltrator is getting the as many votes as it has been.  Never under estimate the power of Maul.  I actually want this underused vehicle as well( Anakin should have blown him away in the final battle) an Infiltrator with a super articulated Maul would be awesome

Offline DarthDan

• Youngling
  • At last we will reveal ourselves to Hasbro...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2003, 07:29 PM »
At-te and cloud car.  I'd also like to see a Bantha re-release (sort of like a vehicle).

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2003, 08:55 PM »
I'm going to say the Cloud Car just because it seems the most feasible for Hasbro to make.  Very odd that they have not done so yet, considering the reasonable price point for which it would likely sell.  I'm sure it's on the way pretty soon though.  That sail barge there is pretty awesome though, but way to big for Hasbro to make and a smaller one might look strange next to the skiffs.  But I'd take one anyways.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2003, 03:16 AM »
Hmmm,

I was just going through the game Force Commander last week for a project I was doing some work on, and man oh man do I have a list of EU vehicles I want!

Light hover tanks...
Heavy hover tanks...
Heavy tracked tanks...
Imperial Troop Transports...
Stormtrooper landing/boarding transports...

My list goes on and on and on.  :)

I could stand seeing a lot of redoes though to vehicles already done by Hasbro.  After their landspeeder being done to-scale, and the TIE Bomber, I really think Hasbro could improve almost every vehicle...

My top 3 would be a Y-Wing to-scale, AT-ST to-scale, and Snowspeeder to-scale...  I could envision some amazing resculpts with all 3 of those craft.  I know I'd buy a ton of each if done, and done correctly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2003, 04:15 AM »
We'll be closing the votes down on our current Most Wanted Vehicle poll here at the end of May, so be sure to get your vote in if you haven't already done so!

Looks like the "Fan Choice fix" is in so far, as we currently have a virtual 3-way tie going between Jabba's Sail Barge, Maul's Sith Infiltrator, and the AT-TE.  So cast your vote and break the tie, so we can tell Hasbro what you really want to see made next!   8)
« Last Edit: June 2, 2003, 07:21 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2003, 03:58 PM »
the only one that remotely interests me is the sail barge.

they could scale it down to a good size. soemthign large enough to hold jabba and men, above and below deck.

maybe something about twice the size of the gunship.

the other choices to vote for are crap.
the AT-TE is ok, but nothign i'd buy.

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2003, 05:31 PM »
All those choices are cool...Jabba Barge would be awesome with a couple of pack ins like R2 with his portabar and a new Bib Fortuna

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2003, 12:39 AM »
1. Barge
2. Sith Infiltrator
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: JD poll results are in: Most wanted VEHICLE!
« Reply #27 on: June 2, 2003, 07:25 AM »
UPDATE: The results are in!

Head on back to the first post in this thread for the complete results on the most wanted vehicle, and to find out who narrowly squeeked out the victory in this hottly contested race!  Thanks to all who participated!

Now go chime in on our new JD poll on the main page regarding whether or not you'll be paying up for the new "Hyperspace" pay site from StarWars.com...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 2, 2003, 12:43 PM »
OK, assuming a relatively to scale (skiff comparison), no power F/X type sail barge, opening side panels, removable roof, etc.  What is this thing going to cost.  

With a shuttle running at around $100-150 US, about the same, maybe a little more?  Call it $125?  What do you think?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: June 2, 2003, 05:50 PM »
That depends...

How much SHOULD it cost, or how much WILL it cost are two different questions.  If they wanted, it could come in at a perfect 1:18 scale for $200 if they tried...  Check around at the 1:6 military toy lines to see vehicles that are "complex" in structure and would be around the same size (And that's built, if you had to assemble the barge it would fit in a smaller box).  

$200 seems uber reasonable for a scale one if you ask me...  no frills, just to-scale with an interior.  No electronics, no pack-in (Unless it's just a repaint of a figure, or something like that).  All I'd want is a clear stand for it to sit on as if hovering off the ground.

If the vehicle becomes extremely complex though, costs can increase dramatically.  The # of individual UNIQUE parts would dictate the price.  It could be made simply, but it could be made very very complex as well.