Author Topic: Jedi Homing Beacon  (Read 1982 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Jedi Homing Beacon
« on: May 20, 2005, 10:59 AM »
Does anybody think that they threw in the whole Jedi beacon thing in was possibly for an explanation of the Jedi that I assume are supposed to appear in the new tv show?  I mean we know that Yoda and Obi-Wan went into hiding so the show would suck without any Jedi in it.

That should mean that there were some straglers out on other planets who received the message to stay away from the temple.  Obi-Wan seemed extremely worried when Yoda told him about the beacon which warrented them to go back to the temple to change the message.  There are no other Jedi in ep 4-6 so it would seem that no other Jedi survied the attack.  So why would they risk there lives to go back to the temple if no other Jedi survived?  Yoda is a pretty smart guy who can feel the force, so he would have known that others were still out there.  He also said that it would take the clones quite awhile to figure out that Obi-Wan changed the message.

Alot of speculation here, but this is what i thought of immediatley when they went back and changed the message.  I'm probably wrong on this entire thing, but maybe, just maybe he threw that just to set up a possible explanation if he were to hand over 7,8, 9 to someone in the future.  A new trilogy would be kinda weird with a family of Jedi - Luke, Leia + her kids.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Jedi Homing Beacon
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 11:10 AM »
I kinda thought it was just a convienient way to get Obi-Wan and Yoda to go back to the temple. 

It gave them an excuse to go back there even though it was not a wise thing to do.  That way, they get to see the security video and the dead bodies and it re-inforces the "crap, Anakin went bad" point to Obi-Wan. 

I didn't really think about the TV implications, but you could very well be right about that - it kinda lends a point to why/how the other Jedi knew to go into hiding even though their instict would have been to rally around Yoda and Ben to fight the Sith.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 11:16 AM »
I'd go with the TV show angle...

BEN: A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he
turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi
Knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all
but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force

VADER: ...there will be a substantial reward for the one who finds
the Millennium Falcon. You are free to use any methods necessary, but
I want them alive. No disintegrations.

I think Boba Fett will be involved in the show in some way
I think it will deal with remaining Jedi being hunted down by the Empire and the creation of the Rebellion

I see it as being almost like a Highlander type show where Fett and the Bounty Hunters take out surviving Jedi in each mission...we'll see I guess.  Having it be solely about the Rebellion would be sort of boring TV

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 03:38 PM »
Because of the darkness cast by the Dark Side, I don't think Yoda would be able to know for certain just how many Jedi were killed or still lived. Remember, the Dark Side had pretty much blinded the Council.