Author Topic: Is Mace Windu a "bad egg"...?  (Read 18058 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Is Mace Windu a "bad egg"...?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2003, 12:49 PM »
- When things go down, Mace decides to go have a little chat with Palpatine.

I'm guessing Palpatine takes out Mace with his lightsaber in his office on Coruscant

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2003, 03:59 PM »
Yeah, so do you think Palpatine will be dressed as the Chancellor or as Sidious/Emperor when he kills Mace?  

Offline hannibalplan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • DC Metro Area Star Wars Collecting Club
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2003, 02:49 PM »
Don't know who the "bad egg" will be, but with all the stupid hoopla over Lucas using Jamaican/Oriental accents in TPM, there is no way he's going to make the major black character in the prequels out to be a bad guy...just my opinion...
Great to deal with: DarthDave, etobicoke fett, dustrho, ScruffyLookin

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2003, 10:42 AM »
Don't know who the "bad egg" will be, but with all the stupid hoopla over Lucas using Jamaican/Oriental accents in TPM, there is no way he's going to make the major black character in the prequels out to be a bad guy...just my opinion...

I think you may be right. Didn't Lucas even get crap for making Lando "Untrustworthy"?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2003, 03:50 PM »
Oh yeah there was backlash about Lando when he first came out over that.  Also certain folks thought it was racist when Lando was not shown on the original theatre poster.  Of course neither was Yoda or Fett but you know where that went.

Offline Morbius

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2004, 07:27 AM »
                             I do think Mace Windu is the bad egg - I can't see it being By-Gone - sorry, Qui-Gon as his voice can be heard shouting 'Anakin, no!' after the Tusken massacre and Jocasta Nu is just TOO obvious...besides, after Jango is beheaded there seems to be some communication between Mace and Dooku and this ties in with the look on Obi-Wan's face in Star Wars when he sees R2 and tells Luke Darth Vader killed Anakin . Unlike Mace Windu Obi-Wan isn't a good liar methinks...

Offline Darth Moribund

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 6, 2004, 12:13 AM »
  everything here has opened my eyes to Mace being between the Jedi and Sith. unbelievable observations. i think tho that Anakin will cut him down. remember the look that Anakin gave Mace when he said that he will not be trained in EPI. in all these talks here on this site or anysite, anything is up in the air

" Feel. Don't think. Use your instincts."  
Souless eyes hypnotize. Mesmerize the thoughts inside your brain. The pain. The thoughts of going insane ! I will not die in vain !

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2005, 08:02 PM »
Maybe it's a good time to bump this oldie but goodie back up.  As inspiring and convincing as John's theories a couple years ago were, it looks like it ain't gonna happen.  Mace seems to be on the straight and narrow, after all.  I'm almost a little bit bummed, since that would've been an interesting twist.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2005, 12:22 AM »
I think there may be a slight chance he could be right. In the trailer he's so negative about putting a rookie Jedi on the job of Sidious-sitting, because maybe he is afraid that if Palps reveals it to him, he could rat him out. It could also explain Palps cutting up some fools, especialy Master Windu.

Who knows!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2005, 10:09 AM »
I want to know what Mace does to Palpy to make his face change?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2005, 10:23 AM »
I can honestly say that Mace Windu is very much a bad egg.  His character came across as an ass almost to the point that you can almost see why Anakin did what he did :-\

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2005, 11:59 AM »
Yeah, I almost wish Sam Jackson wasn't even in the movie.  I never cared for his character.  Mace blew big time. 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2005, 12:56 PM »
Indeed. He came off as really really mean. I was in love the second Palpidious screamed "POWER!!! ABSOLUTE POWER!" (or whatnot) and sent him sailing.

That's hot.

Kevin

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2005, 01:03 PM »
I guess I'm in the minority here I like Mace and what he did.  

In the book he doesn't come of as being Anakin's antagonizer but a bad ass.  I don't think he was working for the Sith at all.

In the book Mace uses Vaapad to own Palpatine.  He basically channels himself in it to own Palpatine.

The book gives a different description of the Yoda vs Emperor match.  The movies doesn't convey the thought of Yoda at all.  The big one for me is when Yoda realizes for the past thousand years since the last fight with the Sith that the training for the Jedi is all wrong.  He realizes that the way there training the Jedi is good for fighting the Stih a thousand years ago but not now.  The Sith have changed and adapted to other ways to use the Force preparing for this moment.  

I see Mace as the only one who's wasn't clouded and thus the discovery of Vaapad.  He was the only Jedi to evolve and prepare for this day.  You may wonder why he didn't share his knowledge with the Jedi.  It was to dangerous.  He shared it with Sora, and Sora wasn't able to channel it properly an turned to the dark side.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2005, 01:04 PM »
What the frig is Vappad?

Kevin