Author Topic: Lined up for Star Wars, Slept Through it.  (Read 1722 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Lined up for Star Wars, Slept Through it.
« on: May 20, 2005, 11:06 PM »
I'll eventually type out the log I kept for my three days in line, but that'll take a long while.

I got up at 5:00 am Monday morning, and headed to Indy to line up. I spent the next 67 hours without a wink of sleep. Well, 11:00 pm Wednesday evening rolled around, and the sleep deprivation finally caught up. I was so out of it, I didnt know whether or not I was awake or sleeping, completely lost touch with sense of time and space. I was GONE. I've been thoroughly drunk before, and all those combined weren't even a drop in the bucket.

Well, it got so bad, I ended up going out to my van and slept right through the movie. Yup, I slept through the premiere I waited three days in line for.

Luckily I saw it Tuesday night though ;)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Lined up for Star Wars, Slept Through it.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 09:37 PM »
So, did you kick your own ass for doing this?   ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Bummer, man.

But at least you can go see it sometime this week fairly easily, since the pandemonium has subsided, at least until next weekend.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 09:55 PM »
I'd have forced everyone in line to STFU so I could catch a few Z's now and then. 65 hours...wow. WOW. :o

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 04:41 AM »
My friends thought I was nuts for lining up for 13 hours, you werethere more than 5x as long as I was, damn that's one long time. It is too bad you slept through it though. :-\
"This is the way."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 06:31 AM »
oh irony how you hurt us so. I'm curious to know, why line up for so long? I've never really understood the mentality of lining up for the movies for hours or days on end. If you got a ticket, you're getting into the show no matter what. I know some of it is about being in the environment and all, but several hours or days worth of being in there?

I also understand a bit about getting the seat you want, but in reality if you've gone to a good theater you're pretty much going to have a good seat no matter where you sit. and for people around you, no matter when you line up, you're going to have the same odds of someone taller sitting in front of you or having the annoying kid who kicks your seat behind you.

for the midnight showing, my friends wanted to get to the theater at 8pm and I thought that was overkill, so we settled for 10pm. in the end we got there and there was no line at all, the theater was just letting people in as they came in. and even then, we were able to pick out "prime" seats for viewing. we wanted to spend some time having fun with other SW fans, but 4 hours in line felt like too much to me. I dunno, maybe I'm the odd one out on this. I also thought the guy who was standing in line the nite before at C3 was nuts...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 10:37 AM »
LOL!! That totally sucks. I got to my theatre half an hour before, and got a good seat. While it wasn't in the middle row, it was at least on towards the front!!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 05:34 PM »
Wow that sucks, BDW.

Me and my friend (who's a fan but not a hardcore nerd like me) got in line about 9:15 PM. They started seating at 11.

There was actually a fairly significant crowd already at 9:15 (I hesitate to call it a "line" ;) ), so I'm glad we didn't get there any later.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 09:10 PM »
Sounds like something that would happen to me. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 09:37 PM »
I got up at 5:00 am Monday morning, and headed to Indy to line up. I spent the next 67 hours without a wink of sleep. Well, 11:00 pm Wednesday evening rolled around, and the sleep deprivation finally caught up... I ended up going out to my van and slept right through the movie. Yup, I slept through the premiere I waited three days in line for.

Luckily I saw it Tuesday night though ;)

I'm confused Adam.  What do you mean you saw it Tuesday night?  Isn't that when you were already waiting in line for the Wednesday night premiere?  Or did you slip out of line at some point and go and watch it early somehow, thus making the missed opening on Wednesday night not such a big deal since you already saw it...   ???